Dr. Gary Frick, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Gary Frick, MD
Dr. Gary Frick, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Port Orange, FL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

Dr. Frick's Care Philosophy

Treating Teens and Adults

Dr. Frick's Experience

See how Dr. Frick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Frick

Dr. Frick accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Frick is now accepting new patients

Dr. Frick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frick to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Frick's Performance
Palm Coast, FL |
Very Caring Psychiatrist. Takes his time with his patients.
Ormond Beach, FL |
This doctor is horrible at his job all he wants to do is prescribe medication and then say your addicted to them. Even though he is prescribing them!!!!!!
in Port Orange, FL |
Although I expected to meet with Dr. Frick on my first and second visit, instead I met with his nurse practitioner. Mr. Parke seems to be a kind man, but difficult to hear and understand. He also yawns during sessions. Office charges for lost scripts and will not call in scripts. They use one appt. card for future visits. Must bring it with you. I am disappointed. Perhaps I haven't seen the doctor because I use Medicare. I am ambivalent about this practice.
New Smyrna Beach, FL |
The most incompetent, rude, and useless office staff I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. Don't bother leaving a message because they won't call you back. Minimum effort from them scheduling appointments, even for existing patients. Don't be surprised if you wait over an hour for a scheduled appointment. That being said, Dr. Frick is not a terrible guy, but obviously makes extremely poor hiring choices, which reflect badly on him. Maybe he should read these reviews.
Port Orange, FL |
He asked the same questions and typed or wrote most of the time. I told him the medicine did nothing after a few months and he kept me on it and just added another. Must be overworked with hours he keeps.
Port Orange, FL |
Dr. Frick is AWESOME! He genuinely cares about his patients. My child trusted him, and that speaks volumes! I like the office hours because I work!
in Port Orange, FL |
There is not much I can say about Dr. Frick other than that he was so out there when I saw him that it was bizarre. There were several spans of about 3-5 minutes that he stared at his computer and said nothing. There was very little conversation during my appointment, he asked little, I said little and the appointment was over! It gets worse with his staff. They are rude, uncaring, unprofessional, and incompetent. I really can't see why anyone would return to this practice a second time.
Deltona, FL |
Dr Frick saw us for several years and then dropped us because of a $30.00 outstanding balance that we asked for one month to pay. His office staff is very rude and disrespectful and for years we had problems with them. I believe he dropped us because his staff complained about us somehow. We have many medical conditions and in over 30 years have Never had a doctor treat us this way. Also, Dr. Frick had written incorrect prescriptions on a couple of occasions.
in 32114 |
Called this office to schedule an appointment. The staff is very rude. Placed on hold never came back. Called back to explain my concern, and was placed on hold again. Waited 15 minutes and hung up. Called back a third time and the clerk laughed at me and hung up. Extremely rude office staff. I would advise any and all patients to look elsewhere for services.
Murphy, NC |
I would not reccomend this office to patients looking to establish with an office. The staff doesn't follow up in 72 hours as they state. When speaking with staff, attitude is a guarantee. Not friendly, not kind, not caring, not worth the emotional hassle.
Port Orange, FL. |
Dr. Frick has a very calm, kind demeanor. He's personable and stands up to insurance companies when his patient's health is at stake. Dr. Frick truely cares for and about his patients. The staff working in the office is professional while also being caring. Wonderful experience all around. Will not hesitate to recommend Dr. Frick.
in Daytona beach |
I am so upset.Rude staff. I was on the bus with my infant to go to my appt today and I saw I had a missed call from the office. And a voice mail that was blank. I tried to call back several times. Each time it said they were out at lunch! it's 3 pm!!! I left 2 voicemails and no one got up with me so I got on the bus to take me back home.they called and said If I wanted to reschedule I'd have to pay 40$ What pro. Office calls u and doesn't leave message and had their phone on lunch mess way after
in New Smyrna Beach, FL |
This doctor is so educated and well schooled in psychiatric medication and care, I will see no other. Dr. Frick takes time to actually access you, talks to you and helps find what you may need for good mental health. I have referred 5 friends and family to him, all as happy with his care as I have been. And I have been with Dr Frick since 2011.
Port Orange |
Horrible human being. Doesn't know one patient s name from the next. Office staff as well as Dr. Frick are uncaring, money hungry, rude, careless. And watch your billing!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Gary Frick, MD?
Are you Dr. Frick?

Compare Dr. Frick

Dr. Frick's Care Philosophy

Treating Teens and Adults

Dr. Frick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Frick has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Frick's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Frick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry