Dr. Gary Flangas, MD

Neurosurgery  |
42 reviews

• Culinary Health Fund
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Dr. Flangas specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Las Vegas, NV. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Flangas? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Flangas' Experience

See how Dr. Flangas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Flangas

Dr. Flangas accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Flangas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Flangas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flangas to family and friends
Dr. Flangas' Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
I've been active all my life and at 83 I started having difficulties walking and suffering from chronic fatigue. After examination and a MRI, I was referred to Dr. Flangas who diagnosed my condition as lumbar spinal stenosis requiring very delicate and risky spinal surgery (like removing gum from tissue paper). Dr. Flangas operated on me with SPECTACULAR results. I've totally regained my normal physical condition and am enjoying a full and active life at 84! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Flangas.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr.Flangas. I researched doctors from here to UCLA and I am very happy with my choice to stay in Las Vegas and have my surgery. From diagnosis through surgery he has been awesome. As a nurse I know the importance of having a good surgeon that you can believe in. I cannot thank him and his staff enough. Especially Natalie!! She is the BEST!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I originally saw Dr. Flangas to get a second opinion on a disc herniation to see if I had to do surgery. He spent 30+ minutes going over everything and my MRI that i felt like i was ready to move forward with the surgery with the other doctor. Unfortunately the other doctor had huge scheduling conflicts with mine to the point that the surgery was going to be almost a month out, Dr. Flangas' office was able to schedule me in the time frame I was looking for.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great staff, great Doctor, great bedside manner, explains everything in terms that are easily understood, takes time with patient, very knowledgeable. Everyone associated with the office are extremely profession. Anytime I called I was able to speak with someone and got answers.
in Las Vegas, NV |
This is one top notch Dr's office from staff to Dr. They treat you with 24Kt gloves. Dr Flangas is so personable and acts like you are his only patient and seems genuinely interested in you as a patient rather than a number. Natalie and staff treat you the same.You are never rushed and always treated with such respect. I would HIGHLY recommend this office to everyone. He is one awesome Doctor and you should trust him with your care completely. No negativity means an awesome outcome.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience with Dr. Flangas and his entire staff was incredible. I had a level three anterior neck fusion, spinal cord stenosis & several bone spurs pushing on my spinal cord. It was evident that surgery was the best option for me but he never made me feel pressure to have it. Dr. Flangas & surgical coordinator, Natalie, were so kind & answered all of my questions. They really put my mind at ease. The surgery went perfectly and I haven't felt this good in years! Outstanding surgeon & staff!
Las Vegas, NV |
Incredible. Approached my issue with great caution to ensure I made the right decision.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Smart - sharp - honest - easy to understand .
Las Vegas |
Dr Flangas is very personable, explains everything in detail, listens and answers all questions. I received many excellent recommendations and I felt very comfortable having him perform my cervical fusion which was a success! His office staff is very friendly and efficient!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I have had 7 surgeries, 3 were lower back surgeries done by 2 different doctors. The recovery time was 7 days in the hospital, and months of physical therapy. This surgery was totally the opposite! I have never felt this good after surgery! And no physical therapy!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My husband has been going to Dr. Flangas for over 10 years. He is an excellent doctor and takes the time to explain the procedure in detail. He has performed 3 surgeries on my husbands' back. Each time Dr. Flangas took the time to explain the procedure, the expected outcome and an estimate of the recovery time. After each surgery, Dr. Flangas took the time to explain the procedure to me. We would recommend him for any neuro-surgery procedure.
in Henderson |
He is an excellent surgeon, great bedside manner and spends as much time as you need him to talk about your condition and what he can do for you. He makes no promises but is realistic in what he can do for you. I have had 4 surgeons work on my lumbar and cervical area and he is the best
Have you seen Dr. Gary Flangas, MD?
Are you Dr. Flangas?

Dr. Flangas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Flangas has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Flangas' Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cavernous Malformation of Spine
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Craniopharyngioma

University Of Texas-San Antonio Health Sciences Center

Completed in 1990

University Texas-San Antonio Health Science Center

Completed in 1996

Dr. Flangas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flangas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cranial Neurological Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair