Dr. Gary Flangas, MD

Dr. Gary Flangas, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Gary Flangas, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Flangas is affiliated with St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus and Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center.

Las Vegas Neurosurgery & Spine Care

8285 W Arby Ave Ste 220

Las Vegas, NV 89113

• Culinary Health Fund
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Health Plan of Nevada

Learn about Dr. Flangas

Dr. Flangas' Experience

Dr. Flangas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Tumor
  • Cavernous Malformation of Spine
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Craniopharyngioma

• Cranial Neurological Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Texas-San Antonio Health Sciences Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Texas-San Antonio Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Flangas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flangas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flangas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flangas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flangas to family and friends
Dr. Flangas' Performance
Las Vegas, NV |
Before having the back surgery, I was nervous, I had seen another surgeon that simply did not care as long as he was getting that paycheck. I searched for surgeons that my insurance covers and came across Dr. Flangas, I made an appointment and he sat down with me, explained everything including risks, and answered all my questions. Now I am a little over 2 months post op and I feel so much better, no more pain besides the typical soreness from surgery. Dr. Flangas is an excellent surgeon!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Flangas is extremely professional and pleasant. He takes time to ask and answer questions. He explains exactly what to expect. I had a c5-7 fusion surgery in 2014 and a c4-5 fusion in 2017. Dr. Flangas spent time making sure I understood what needed to take place during my recovery. I totally appreciate and admire his calm demeanor and disposition. The office staff is incredibly helpful during visits and phone calls. They are so nice to talk to and take an interest and listen.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I've been active all my life and at 83 I started having difficulties walking and suffering from chronic fatigue. After examination and a MRI, I was referred to Dr. Flangas who diagnosed my condition as lumbar spinal stenosis requiring very delicate and risky spinal surgery (like removing gum from tissue paper). Dr. Flangas operated on me with SPECTACULAR results. I've totally regained my normal physical condition and am enjoying a full and active life at 84! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Flangas.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr.Flangas. I researched doctors from here to UCLA and I am very happy with my choice to stay in Las Vegas and have my surgery. From diagnosis through surgery he has been awesome. As a nurse I know the importance of having a good surgeon that you can believe in. I cannot thank him and his staff enough. Especially Natalie!! She is the BEST!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I originally saw Dr. Flangas to get a second opinion on a disc herniation to see if I had to do surgery. He spent 30+ minutes going over everything and my MRI that i felt like i was ready to move forward with the surgery with the other doctor. Unfortunately the other doctor had huge scheduling conflicts with mine to the point that the surgery was going to be almost a month out, Dr. Flangas' office was able to schedule me in the time frame I was looking for.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great staff, great Doctor, great bedside manner, explains everything in terms that are easily understood, takes time with patient, very knowledgeable. Everyone associated with the office are extremely profession. Anytime I called I was able to speak with someone and got answers.
in Las Vegas, NV |
This is one top notch Dr's office from staff to Dr. They treat you with 24Kt gloves. Dr Flangas is so personable and acts like you are his only patient and seems genuinely interested in you as a patient rather than a number. Natalie and staff treat you the same.You are never rushed and always treated with such respect. I would HIGHLY recommend this office to everyone. He is one awesome Doctor and you should trust him with your care completely. No negativity means an awesome outcome.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience with Dr. Flangas and his entire staff was incredible. I had a level three anterior neck fusion, spinal cord stenosis & several bone spurs pushing on my spinal cord. It was evident that surgery was the best option for me but he never made me feel pressure to have it. Dr. Flangas & surgical coordinator, Natalie, were so kind & answered all of my questions. They really put my mind at ease. The surgery went perfectly and I haven't felt this good in years! Outstanding surgeon & staff!
Las Vegas, NV |
Incredible. Approached my issue with great caution to ensure I made the right decision.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Smart - sharp - honest - easy to understand .
Las Vegas |
Dr Flangas is very personable, explains everything in detail, listens and answers all questions. I received many excellent recommendations and I felt very comfortable having him perform my cervical fusion which was a success! His office staff is very friendly and efficient!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I have had 7 surgeries, 3 were lower back surgeries done by 2 different doctors. The recovery time was 7 days in the hospital, and months of physical therapy. This surgery was totally the opposite! I have never felt this good after surgery! And no physical therapy!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My husband has been going to Dr. Flangas for over 10 years. He is an excellent doctor and takes the time to explain the procedure in detail. He has performed 3 surgeries on my husbands' back. Each time Dr. Flangas took the time to explain the procedure, the expected outcome and an estimate of the recovery time. After each surgery, Dr. Flangas took the time to explain the procedure to me. We would recommend him for any neuro-surgery procedure.
in Henderson |
He is an excellent surgeon, great bedside manner and spends as much time as you need him to talk about your condition and what he can do for you. He makes no promises but is realistic in what he can do for you. I have had 4 surgeons work on my lumbar and cervical area and he is the best
Have you seen Dr. Gary Flangas, MD?
Are you Dr. Flangas?

Visit Dr. Flangas

Dr. Flangas accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Las Vegas, NV 89113
Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
5400 S Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Flangas at Las Vegas Neurosurgery & Spine Care

Neurosurgery Specialist