Dr. Gary Donath, MD

Dr. Gary Donath, MD

Plastic Surgery  |

Dr. Gary Donath, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Pismo Beach, CA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Donath is affiliated with Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center and French Hospital Medical Center.

Central Coast Institute for Plastic Surgery

2 James Way Ste 109

Pismo Beach, CA 93449

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Donath

As a board-certified Plastic Surgeon with over 15 years of experience, I recognize what patients need and expect from their surgeon. My background in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery and continued efforts to learn new techniques allows me to provide state of the art care for patients in need of reconstructive surgery or interested in aesthetic procedures. A strong background in general surgery is, in my opinion, critical to the specialty of plastic surgery. I love what I do and nothing is more rewarding than smiles on patient's faces.

Video

Dr. Donath's Experience

Dr. Donath's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• Tulane U
  • University Tex Sw Affiliated Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Calif Pacific Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Donath has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Donath does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Donath and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Donath's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Donath to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Donath's Performance
in Atascadero, CA |
I love this guy! He doesn't just try to make a buck off of cosmetic surgery; he really cares about the health and well-being of his patients. I have had two separate procedures with Dr. Donath and am extremely pleased with the results (as is my hubby). In addition to him being extremely competent and caring Dr. Donath charges very reasonable rates and was able to get me in for my procedures much quicker than other doctors I consulted with. I highly recommend anyone needing cosmetic surgery t
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
Dr Donath is professional, compassionate and accessible. I cannot say enough about him and his entire staff. He took a great deal of time to explain my procedure with me and my husband, and answered all of our questions. His sense of humor puts you at ease when needed. I am thrilled with my results and the care I received. I have seen other surgeons but Dr Donath is now the gold standard as far as I'm concerned. I'd give him and his staff ten stars if I could!
Pismo Beach, CA |
Dr. Donath, from the initial visit, was friendly, thorough and courteous. His explanations were clear about what to expect about the pending surgery and its follow up. He made me feel comfortable in the office and at surgery. By the end we had established a warm relationship.
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
I am very happy with my reconstruction results and credit Dr. Donath for his knowledge, dedication, and professionalism. Dr. Donath listened to my concerns and provided me with realistic and genuine information pre and post surgery. I had a positive and encouraging experience with Dr. Donath, his staff, and their services. I highly recommend him.
Nipomo, Ca |
Dr. Donath is condescending, he passes overt judgement on anything done different from his realm of preference. Dr. Donath is well suited for patients looking for complete guidance; he seeks total control. He can appear to lack empathy which will bother many patients. Like many docs, he is interpersonally lacking. He makes assumptions and rude statements. After a clear answer is given, he asks the same question multiple times. This doctor fits the stereotype of poor bedside manner.
in Santa Margarita, CA |
Dr. Donath was recommended to me by my doctors for breast reconstruction surgery after my double mastectomy, chemo. and radiation due to breast cancer. Dr. Donath and his staff could not be more professional, caring and kind. They treat me like family. Dr. Donath is a perfectionist and takes the time required to completely examine what is best for me. He explains all procedures and follow up appointments thoroughly. I could not be happier with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Donath.
in Shell Beach, ca |
I have known Gary Donath for 9 years. I have had multiple procedures over those years. Breast augmentation and mini tummy tuck were a couple. I have been very pleased with his work and will always go back to him. love Mr. Donath! His staff is also very professional and personable. I recommend choosing Gary Donath over other doctors in the area. It is my opinion he is number one!
in Grover Beach, CA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Donath. Very personable and good bedside manners. Took the time to listen to what I wanted and delivered. Couldn't be happier. Thanks!
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
As a very nervous patient Dr. Donath could have not be more kind and understanding. His bedside manner made me feel at ease through every step of the way. He took the time to explain the surgery to me in a knowledgeable and an oh so human way (quite rare). His staff were also lovely and professional and treated me like family (not just "any another patient")....from the moment I went for my consultation to my many questions post op. If there were more than 5 stars for Dr. Donath and his staff I
in Cambria, CA |
After the diagnosis of breast cancer, I was referred to Dr. Donath for the reconstruction portion. We met with him and received clear, educated information about the options. I have felt confident in every step of the care, and I appreciate his compassion. Plus, I like his sense of humor. I couldn't imagine being more comfortable while going through this process.
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
I had a tummy tuck done with Dr. Donath and it was the worst mistake of my life. I wish I could upload pictures so you can see my after because it makes people cringe. I have a huge starburst scar around my navel and my hole is huge. My scar line is above even my mom jeans and I now have a bulge near my pubic area. Not only do I look awful now but my experience with him was even worse. He was condescending, flippant and could care less that I was unhappy with the way I looked. Keep looking
in Orcutt, CA |
I really enjoyed working with this very skilled, available and attentive doctor. My results are excellent. I'd recommend my friends and family to him without hesitation.
in Paso Robles, CA |
I would not recommend him to anyone! He is an arrogant bully. After waiting over 30 minutes in the waiting room listening to him talking to his staff about another patients insurance I was taken into examining room and waited some more. After he finally came in and examined me for augmentation after breast cancer surgery I was lectured about how awful my insurance was! Then was told if I didn't have surgery by end of year he wouldn't do it- NOT DOING IT by him!
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
Dr. Donath and his team went above and beyond to provide me with an incredible experience for my breast augmentation. Not only is he extremely intelligent in the realm of plastic surgery but he created an environment that made me feel safe. I trusted him very much which has always been a struggle for me when it comes to doctors. Thank you Dr. Donath, Michelle, and Julie for all of your efforts in making my surgery such a pleasant one.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Donath, MD?
Are you Dr. Donath?