Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Gary Dennis, MD
Dr Dennis is a board certified neurosurgeon, trained in the most advanced spinal and cranial techniques, Dr Dennis has the same passion and proficiency that has made him a success in his many areas of practice. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. His goal is to assist patients to maintain their highest quality of life and to sustain their physical independence. He is proficient in the latest techniques, but says, "Don't be fooled, there are no shortcuts to providing individualized, quality patient care." As an exceptionally, skilled surgeon, Dr Dennis routinely handles minimally invasive removal of spinal and brain tumors. He specializes in the treatment of spinal compression disorders, herniated disc and degenerative disc disease. He is also an expert at treating spinal stenosis, carpal tunnel, and ulnar nerve compression. Dr Dennis experienced success early, and enjoys a national reputation. He has been appointed to the Advisory Council of three U.S. Secretaries of Health and Human Services. What differentiates him is that he has been recognized by his peers, as well as, by the public. He has received many honors and has been highlighted in "MD News," "Top Doctors," "Best Doctors and "Who's Who in Medicine" and was named outstanding alumnus of Boston University 2011. "Boston University did an exceptional job preparing me for medical school," says Dr Dennis. He went on the attend Howard University College of Medicine in his hometown of Washington, D.C., where he excelled and graduated with honors. He then completed a surgical internship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He completed his neurosurgery residency at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas. As both an organizer and a leader, he has enjoyed classes at Harvard University, focusing on physician leadership and the status of our evolving health care. Over the course of his 26 year academic career, he has authored more than 50 peer-reviewed research articles and has been appointed to many state and national commissions and boards.

7150 Preston Rd Ste 300

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup

Learn about Dr. Dennis

See how frequently Dr. Dennis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Fractures, Traumatic
Broken Neck
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Dennis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Dennis "I provide comprehensive and compassionate healthcare which is focused on all ages but especially patients in critical times of change."

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor College Of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
  • John Hopkins University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Dennis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dennis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dennis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dennis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dennis to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Dennis' Performance
Great doc! He explained everything that others could not figure out. He's quiet,calm and patient. He took his time with me. I followed his post op instructions & it all worked out perfectly. I was able to limit my medications. Got me in & out of the hospital quickly. As a nursing professional, I have seen many neurosurgeons but I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Dallas, Texas |
I am so thankful for Dr . Dennis. I met him one night while I was admitted to the ER. He was able to diagnosis my problems & took time to explain everything. I was happy he believed in conservative surgery. We talked about it & agreed to use two operations, instead of one highly dangerous operation, (which is extremely expensive.) He is kind, extremely knowledgeable & always available by phone. He has changed my life & I appreciate him.
in Desoto, TX |
Dr. Dennis is a very gifted, patient and thorough neuro-surgeon. I would highly recommend him for your Neuro surgical needs.
in Richardson Texas |
Dr Dennis saved my husband's life! My husband was having complications with his shunt that was placed a few years back and Dr Dennis recognized that and took appropriate measures to ensure no more complications for a long time! He is a very caring and listening doctor! He came to see my husband whilewhile in his care every day! I'm truly thankful!
Dallas, TX |
Admitted to hospital due to acute onset of 10/10 level back/leg pain. Came into my room at 3 am to give me the results of my MRI, but never examined me. Said that I should not be having as much pain as I was, but didn't bother to figure out why I was in so much pain. Ordered 7 different prescriptions for symptoms I did not have (kickbacks?) and said I should go to PT. I could not even sit up in bed without severe pain. Discharged me with 10/10 pain. Had to crawl into back of husbands car. Awful
in Wylie, TX |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Dennis. His patience in answering all of my questions was very satisfactory. Today, I had no prior appointment with him, but even then, he made time to see me. His overall treatment of me as a patient was excellent. I will always recommend other patients such as myself to him for treatment. I would like to thank Dr. Gary Dennis.
in Argyle,TX |
Dr. Dennis is an exceptional example of a true professional. He and his staff are top-notch!! Dr. Dennis listened and understood what I was going through. It was good to be treated with professionalism and care. Dr. Dennis and his nurse Stephanie and all the other employees of Frisco Spine Plano made me feel that I was in safe hands and even made me smile and laugh when I left. This was the best team of medical staff that I have been around in a very long time. Doctor Dennis is Awesome !!!
in Frisco, TX |
Dr Dennis is compassionate and kind and on top of all that, he's just a darn good doctor. I had a lot of scar tissue from previous back surgeries and he cleaned it all up. I'm only a week post surgery and I can already feel that I have no residual pain.
in Frisco, TX |
Pre-Surgery preparation, surgery and post surgery were excellent. Only negative is time management as waiting times in office to see him are sometimes excessive.
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Dennis performed emergency surgery to control brain swelling after my wife suffered a major stroke . He acted very quickly and decisively, working well into the early hours of the morning and then returned to personally check on her first thing next morning and at least twice each day ( that I saw) next few days. I truly believe he saved her life, and put her in a position to have the best chances at recovery from the stroke. Thank you Dr Dennis!
in Melissa, Tx |
Dr. Gary Dennis saved my life. I had two hematomas pushing on my spinal cord quickly making me a quadropelegic. Dr. Dennis operated from 1 AM to 6 AM to delicately perform a laminectomy. His bedside manner was wonderful. He checked on me more than any surgeon has ever done. When I go back for followups he spends as much time as needed, and never rushes me out the door. I highly recommend this man to everyone.
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Dennis is awesome!! He did by back surgery and I'm pain free.
Frisco, TX |
I highly recommend and definitely return to Dr Dennis
in Howe tx |
Had surgery to repair his 2 botched surgeries Dec 10 2015. Surgeon was able to fix all levels C4-7 all through the front of the neck with even a smaller incision than Dr Dennis done to start with . So my Back was split open for no reason just to get paid for a 2nd surgery! All muscles in the back are still messed up besides his failure to tell me about putting a screw out in open space seeing it on a CT and never telling me till I got a 2nd opinion!!
Have you seen Dr. Gary Dennis, MD?
Are you Dr. Dennis?