Dr. Gary Clayman, MD

Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery | Male

Dr. Gary Clayman, MD
Gary Clayman M.D, F.A.C.S. served as Distinguished Chair of Head and Neck Surgery and Chief of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center since 2003. Dr. Clayman left M. D. Anderson Cancer Center to form the Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center an affiliated center with the Norman Parathyroid Center. Dr. Clayman performs only thyroid and thyroid cancer surgery! September 1st, 2016, Dr. Clayman Founded and serves as the Director of the Thyroid Cancer Center at Tampa General Hospital, the first such interdisciplinary institute dedicated to the premier evaluation and surgical management of thyroid cancer and surgical thyroid diseases. Dr. Clayman has received 35 honors and awards. He has been named to America's Top Doctors for fifteen consecutive years and U. S News and World Reports Top Doctors for five consecutive years. He has 5 current patents and has published 217 peer reviewed publications. Dr. Clayman is considered by many to be the world's authority on surgery for thyroid cancer, recurrent and persistent thyroid cancer, aggressive thyroid cancer, substernal goiter, Grave's disease and more.

Dr. Clayman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Clayman provides expertise in the evaluation and surgical management of thyroid cancer and thyroid disease that is without comparison. We provides excellence and personalized patient care for every patient. We treat every patient as if they were family. All patients have complete access to Dr. Clayman and his entire team. Every patient has all questions answered. Every patient is heard. Every patient has Dr. Clayman's phone number and email.

Dr. Clayman's Experience

See how Dr. Clayman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clayman

Dr. Clayman accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Clayman is now accepting new patients
    Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center1 Tampa General Cir
    Tampa, FL 33606
    (813) 940-3130Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Clayman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Clayman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clayman to family and friends
    Dr. Clayman's Performance
    in Panama City, FL |
    After many tests in my city they found no cancer in my modular thyroid. As an RN I know good and bad medicine. I found Dr Gary Clayman at the Clayman Throid Cancer Institute in Tampa, Fl. His credentials are impeccable! He found a small cancer with his state of the art equipment and removed my thyroid the next day. I would highly recommend him. Susan Shaffer, PCB, Fl.
    Blythewood, SC |
    Exceptional service provided by Dr Clayman and his entire staff. He calmed my fears and performed a complicated & delicate surgery on me. I am 2 months post op & I feel great. I will begin my follow up treatment closer to home. If you are faced with thyroid surgery, do your research, read Dr Clayman's website. Don't let logistics or costs deter you. It can all be worked out. I am living proof! Blythewood SC
    in Salem, VA |
    After an e-mail to Dr. Clayman describing the size of the nodule in my throat, I received a call from him at 10:45 PM one evening. The next morning (Thursday) I received a call and surgery was scheduled for Monday. I think Dr. Clayman knew I needed surgery right away and he worked me in and surgery was performed at 6:30 PM Monday. This is taking care of people. I did some research prior to this and my experience from his care leaves no doubt i made the right decision.
    Bonita Springs, FL |
    Dr. Gary Claryman is the best of the best in his field. More doctors should adopt his system of service and skill. If you have thyroid problems, Dr. Clayman is the doctor to see.
    Washington DC |
    Dr. Clayman and his team are simply the best. I am fortunate to have found him to remove ny thyroid cancer. After meeting several prominent surgeons in the Washington DC area, there was no companrison between his expertise and experience. He really cares about each patient, and spent time talking to me before and after the surgery answering questions and explaining everything. He is warm, caring and know my surgery went perfectly. I highly recommend Dr. Clayman and his wonderful team in Tampa.
    in Birmingham, AL |
    My husband recently had a very intricate and delicate Medullary surgery performed by Dr Clayman. I can say with confidence that the outcome would not have been so successful if we had been with ANY other Dr. Dr Clayman is a master of his trade and I cannot recommend him highly enough. If you are facing thyroid cancer please contact the Clayman Thyroid Clinic. I can assure you that you will be with the best there is.
    in Burke, VA |
    Dr Clayman performed my surgery 6/7/2017. He was calm knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. He calmed my fears and answered all my questions. The incision was an inch and its healing well. Dr Clayman also have a great team of nurses, nurse practitioners and ultrasound technologist.
    in Port Charlotte, FL |
    My doctor recommended I go to Dr Clayman to have a operation on my neck since this will be the third one on my neck in ten years.My doctor found a growth on my neck which was cancer and when I went for pre opp a growth was found on my right side also. I was out of the hospital the next day and I never had any pain .I am happy I went to dr Clayman for my operation and he is a great doctor and has a wonderful staff.I would recommend him to any one who has to have a thyroid operation.
    in Punta Gorda, Fl |
    Dr Clayman is professional, caring, friendly, confident and a genius in all things thyroid. After 15 years of ultrasounds and biopsies, I felt at ease in going under the knife for my thyroidectomy. I felt absolutely no pain. It's been less than 2 weeks since my surgery and I have to say I feel great!
    in manchester,nj |
    good doctor. glad I chose him.
    in San Antonio, TX |
    Dr. Clayman specializes in Thyroid Disease and Surgery and is an expert after performing over 8,000 Thyroid related surgeries over the last 25 years. He spent a great deal of time with me explaining all aspects of my diagnoses and prognoses and he answered all of my questions. Based on my research, I found him to be one of the best Thyroid surgeons in the country. My surgery went extremely well and I highly recommend Dr. Gary Clayman and his wonderful staff at the Clayman Thyroid Cancer Center.
    in Tampa, FL |
    Dr. Clayman is extremely personable, responsive, and above all, skilled. I had a total thyroidectomy with him Feb 1. My scar is barely noticeable 8 weeks out and I was only out of work for a few days. Thank you!
    Tampa, FL |
    In February, I was searching for a doctor for a second opinion on what to do regarding a thyroid issue. I found Dr. Clayman during my search and sent him an email describing my issues and my thyroid nodule bioposy results. He called that evening to discuss the email and made recommendations which potentially could included surgery. I had surgery in March. Surgery went great and I'm doing great, too. I could not have asked for a more knowledgeable, kind, trustworthy and compassionate doctor.
    in Fairfax, VA |
    I highly recommend Dr. Clayman & his compassionate, competent team at Tampa General to anyone who has a Thyroid Cancer condition. As an oncology Social Worker from Boston who had the privilege of working with top notch Cancer Surgeons for 5 years at Mass General Hospital, I can honestly say that Dr. Clayman is one of the most knowledgeable, caring, & committed surgeons I've ever met. He truly treats each patient as if they were "his only patient". He's the best surgeon with the most caring team.
    in Houston, TX |
    Dr Clayman is an excellent Doctor. I had thyroid Cancer back in 2012 and the entire process from the beginning to end was great.
    in St Augustine, FL |
    Dr. Clayman and his staff are top notch. They are the best in the world at what they do, which gave me confidence during a scary time. But it's so much more than just clinical knowledge. Dr. Clayman has the most wonderful bedside manner. He treated me with kindness & respect. Both he and his staff were quick to answer questions via phone or email. This is the best experience I have ever had with a doctor / doctor's office. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone with thyroid cancer.
    in Zachary La |
    Having being told by my Endroconologist that I had a second occurance was very disappointing and kind of unexpected. But he highly recommended dr Clayman for my surgery. When we arrived at Tampa general hospital his staff was amazing. MAde me feel at ease. When Dr Clayman came in he was very personable. Took his time with all of my questions. Our experience with my surgery was a good one. And the nursing staff at the hospital had wonderful things to say about him. Rexommend him and staff!
    in Lake Mary, Fl |
    Dr Clayman and his staff are organized and experienced. These 2 factors are great to see when you are having surgery, but they are also warm and comforting at the same time. They made me feel very special while in their care.
    in Louisville, CO |
    I feel blessed and extremely lucky to have had my wife identify Dr. Clayman (through a Medullary "c" FaceBook page & the members who recommending him) to be our surgeon. He immediately put us at complete ease answering our many questions completely & very easily understood. His "bedside" manner is outstanding. Very calm and reassuring. I can't speak more highly of Dr. Clayman. He saved my voice by cutting the "c" out which was tangled around my vocal chords. To sum up, I feel blessed & lucky.
    I have treated many patients with medullary thyroid cancer and it is always an honor to be trusted with the care of patients. Having the right surgery the first time by an expert thyroid cancer surgeon is the most important first choice every patient makes. Thank you for trusting me.
    Have you seen Dr. Gary Clayman, MD?

Dr. Clayman says...

Gary  Clayman M.D, F.A.C.S. served as Distinguished Chair of Head and Neck Surgery and Chief of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center since 2003.

September 1st, 2016, Dr. Clayman Founded and serves as the Director of the Thyroid Cancer Center at Tampa General Hospital, the first such interdisciplinary institute dedicated to the premier evaluation and surgical management of thyroid cancer and surgical thyroid diseases.

Dr. Clayman has received 35 honors and awards.  He has been named to America's Top Doctors for fifteen consecutive years and U. S News and World Reports Top Doctors for five consecutive years. He has 5 current patents and has published 217 peer reviewed publications.

Dr. Clayman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Clayman provides expertise in the evaluation and surgical management of thyroid cancer and thyroid disease that is without comparison.  We provides excellence and personalized patient care for every patient.  We treat every patient as if they were family.  All patients have complete access to Dr. Clayman and his entire team.  Every patient has all questions answered. Every patient is heard.  Every patient has Dr. Clayman's phone number and email.

Dr. Clayman says...

Dr. Clayman provides expert evaluation and surgical management for all thyroid diseases including all thyroid cancers: papillary thyroid cancer, follicular thyroid cancer, medullary thyroid cancer, hurthle cell thyroid cancer, and anaplastic thyroid cancer.   Dr. Clayman also provides premier evaluation and surgical management of thyroid nodules, Grave's disease, multinodular goiter, and substernal goiter as well.  Dr. Clayman has the global reputation as the leading surgeon in both recurrent and persistent thyroid cancers as well as aggressive thyroid cancers.

Dr. Clayman says...

Dr. Clayman performs only thyroid and thyroid related operations.  He does nothing else.  He never removes a tonsil or an appendix or even parathyroid tumors.  Dr. Clayman's operations include thyroid lobectomy, total thyroidectomy, central compartment lymph node surgery, lateral neck lymph node surgery for thyroid cancers, mediastinal surgery for thyroid cancer, and parathyroid autotransplantation.

Dr. Clayman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Clayman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Clayman's Board Certifications

Case Wes Res U
    • Other Education
      Case Western Reserve School Of Dentistry

Completed in 1982

Dr. Clayman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clayman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery