Dr. Gary Chimes, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Chimes

Lake Washington Sports & Spine

1600 116th Ave NE Ste 206 Bellevue, WA 98004

Dr. Gary Chimes, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Bellevue, WA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from State University Of New York At Stony Brook in 2002 and specializes in sports medicine, sports physical medicine & rehabilitation, and more.

Dr. Chimes accepts

Dr. Chimes accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Chimes treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Chimes' conditions and procedures:

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain

My primary role is an academic physician who specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. The main things that interest me are: 1. Helping people exercise throughout their lifetimes 2. The use of exercise as the treatment for most medical condi...

• Sports Medicine

4.2

Dr. Chimes?
Dr. Chimes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Chimes, MD
Well I'm not sure if Chimes is a liar or just didn't understand some of the factors causing my pain. I went in for one thing and he basically decided everything else that I was doing was a problem and I needed all the physio in the world. Of course I later found out that the problem that I went in for could be greatly improved by avoiding something that was shown on my MRI that he had access to while he was evaluating me. Soooo I really feel like he was just trying to sell me a ton of physio.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
He absolutely cured my miserable and activity-limiting back pain. He has a specific list of questions he asks which allowed him to precisely diagnose my issue (confirmed with MRI). He prescribed some key exercises for me (no drugs) which keep my pain away. If I stop the exercises, pain returns, but the exercises are very quick and very easy. He is a genius!!!! Very grateful he is in our community.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Very thorough, caring and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
My experience with Dr. Chimes was outstanding. Dr Chimes has a direct and attentive bedside manner and took the time to ensure I understood my diagnosis and options while helping in making the right decision for me. I came in with a badly torn hamstring. He developed a sound treatment plan (PRP, PT, staged return to exercise) and within 4 months, I was back to my regular routine. The office is efficient and well run. I highly recommend Dr Chimes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Chimes, and will refer him to others seeking similar treatment. I saw him recently for back pain, he was thorough and attentive in his explanations and counseling. I appreciated hearing how my injury could affect my daily activities now as well as in years to come. The office runs very efficiently; very little wait time, very organized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I was highly pleased with the care and result of the treatment with Dr. Chimes. He is direct and straightforward and that worked well for me, as I just wanted to stop feeling miserable (bad shoulder). He asked precise and direct questions that helped him quickly solve the issue with my shoulder that had been plaguing me. If you want to sit and chit chat about the weather, this is not that kind of place. If you want REAL results to get you back on the road to healing, then Dr Chimes is the MAN!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Dr. Chimes and the entire staff gave excellent care with knowledge and efficiency as soon as I walked in the door! Greeting, paperwork, insurance, diagnosis and professional medical execution (cortisone injection) was spot on. Dr. Chimes also chose a place for physical therapy that was conveniently close to home and work. It turned out to be a fantastic place for therapy and my frozen shoulder is healed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I suffered for 7 months with back and sciatic pain, I finally was referred to Dr. Chimes and after a thorough assessment Dr. Chimes developed a treatment plan and sent me to an excellent Chiropractor. In a little less than 2 months my pain is significantly reduced! I look forward to gaining my strength back and getting back to my normal activities. Thank you Dr. Chimes!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Dr. Chimes is one of the most intelligent and thoughtful caregivers I have encountered. His bedside manner is very direct and to the point, but under that focused exterior is a man who deeply cares about his patient and their wellbeing. If you’re interested in getting well, he’s your man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Eager to belittle the patient. Doesn't care what or how you communicate. Wouldn't wish anyone to go through the same condescending and disrespectful experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I've gone to Lake Washington Sports and Spine for multiple injuries over the last 3 years, and each time they've been extremely helpful, insightful, profession, and easy to work with. My experience with Dr. Chimes has been great, and I've also had great experiences with each of the places/people he has referred me to (physical therapy, imaging, procedures, etc.). I highly recommend Lake Washington Sports and Spine to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
While I agree Dr Chimes is condescending and could use coaching on how to show respect, I can get past that. What troubles me is his unwillingness to listen, because that impacts the quality of care. I experienced a pattern of being shut down when answering questions, having him make wrong assumptions. While analytical, he eliminates a critical information source, the patient. Unless you are comfortable that you'll get great outcomes with, stubborn, one-way communication, I'd look elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Great job getting me back on the tennis court ASAP! Very professional!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I visited Dr Chimes with a frozen shoulder, at the time I could hardly lift my arm above my head and pain would shoot down my arm if I moved quickly. Dr Chimes conducted an ultrasound guided injection in my shoulder. The result was 90% improvement in range of motion and I was pain free. The procedure took about 15 minutes with counseling earlier in the same appointment then a follow up visit about a month later. With subsequent pain-free physical therapy I was able to regain full range.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
My experience with Dr Chimes was terrific. He took his time and asked the questions to narrow the search to locate my injury and begin the healing process. I am well underway to recovery and I am feeling great and sleeping again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Thorough explanations of all the complications related to my sports injury and back problems. Staff is friendly and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Dr Chimes is an excellent physician. He is very thorough, intelligent and took a broad approach to assessing my pain. He is a thoughtful communicator and was able to clarify the diagnosis that day by doing an ultrasound in his office. I appreciated that the initial plan focused on enhangincing health thru exercise, PT, nutrition and possible PRPP rather than surgery. . Overall would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
from start to finish, my experience with Dr. Chimes & his staff was polite, informative and friendly. I walked away with a understanding of the extent of my injury, what methods to use in the healing process and some tips on how to be proactive in preventing further injury. I will definitely refer friends to Dr. Chimes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
Talks down to people and doesn't listen. He uses a nice tone and says nice words, but then will shut you down if you have a reasonable questions. Hard to trust this guy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Chimes, MD?
I could not be happier with the care that Dr. Chimes provided. He spent a great deal of time with me examining and then explaining my frozen shoulder problem. He provided an in the office ultrasound guided procedure that fixed my shoulder! I was scheduled for an exploratory surgery by another provider, but on the advice of my therapist I was directed to Dr. Chimes care. As a medical provider myself, I was very impressed with his care. I am now a raving fan and recommend him to all.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chimes?