Dr. Gary Child, DO

Pain Medicine | Male

Utah Pain Relief Institute 32 W Winchester St Ste 201 Murray, UT 84107 Get Directions
Dr. Gary Child, DO

Dr. Gary Child, DO is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Murray, UT. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 30 years.

Dr. Child's Care Philosophy

Our goal is improved function; various modalities are utilized including interventional methods and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections

Dr. Child's Experience

See how Dr. Child's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Child

Dr. Child accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Child is now accepting new patients

Dr. Child's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Child to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Child's Performance
Salt Lake City, UT |
DR. CHILD AT THE UTAH PAIN RELIEF INSTITUTE IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN SEEN BY. HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO YOU AND ACTS LIKE YOU ARE IRRITATING HIM. HE IS ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY. HE WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU BETWEEN APPOINTMENTS. HE TREATS YOU LIKE YOU ARE AN ADDICT. I HAD A DEATH IN THE FAMILY CLOSE TO WHEN I HAD TO GO INTO TO SEE HIM BY ONLY 3 DAYS AND HAD TO GO OUT OF TOWN, I SHOWED HIM MY PLANE TICKETS AND HE REFUSED TO WORK WITH ME WHICH MADE AN AWFUL SITUATION EVEN WORSE.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Child met with me for introduction appointment, then pushed me to an associate and then refused to meet with me. He would not answer calls, letters, or emails from me. I had questions about my care, he blocked me. Do not ask billing any questions. They have unreasonable charges if an employee opens patient records. They charged me $50.00 for the last 3 visit notes I needed to provide to another doctor.
in Murray, Utah |
With no disrespect, I would rate Dr. Child as a Doctor among the Gods. This Incredibly Professional Doctor is able to maintains many patients, in my personal experience, at a level of care that I felt like I was his only patient. I no longer see Dr child as of October 2016 because of my own stupid actions. Dr. Childs character, personality is a rare find, not just among doctor's. After my Dr. Passed away I got lucky meeting this man. He alone restored my faith in the medical community. Ken W.
Salt Lake City, UT |
If you choose Dr Child, be very careful. They billed my insurance and me for test not preformed. I was billed for asking for my bill statement. I was billed for them to just look at my records. I found CFO to be a dishonest bully. They required me to sign lien just to meet with doctor on first visit. I would not send my worst enemy to this office.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Child and the staff at Utah Pain Relief are wonderful, the staff and Doctors/ Nurses listen and do anything they can to help. If you are honest and will tell them everything that is going on, I am sure they can help you with both Acute or Chronic pain issues as well as help you heal from accidents and work related injuries.
in Salt Lake City |
He listens to me as I tell him how I'm feeling. If I am in pain and and meds aren't working he will change and get it to where im able to be active with my family. The staff up front maybe strict, but it is a pain clinic with rules. I have growin to the ladies up front and my dr. You all ROCK!!!!!
in Salt lake city |
Dr. Child's is amazing when it comes to listening to my husband and I. He put us on some meds that would make us sleep and hard to wake up and I called his nurse immediately and he scheduled us in sooner then we thought and changed them. Now we are able to get up. As Dr Child's says, we can't make you pain free but we can make pain manageable to function. And that's what he has done. The ladies up front are great as you get to know them.
in South Jordan, UT |
The staff and the Dr. Child was so unkind. The girl in the front was so horrible I would never go there again. Its very clear she runs everything and even the dr. is afraid of her and doesn't dare do anything about her Hitler ways she treats people. I would not even give them any stars but it makes me.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Child, DO?
Are you Dr. Child?

Compare Dr. Child

Dr. Child's Care Philosophy

Dr. Child says...

10 years experience in chronic pain management

Member of the American Academy of Pain Medicine

Dr. Child's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Western Univ Of Health Sciences/College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific, Western University Of Health Sciences

Graduated in 1987

Pacific Hospital Of Long Beach

Completed in 1988

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Chronic Pain Management-Aa Pain Clinic and Alaska Spine Center, Anchorage, Ak (7 Years)

Completed in 2011

Dr. Child does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Child and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain Management
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Joint Injection
  • Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
  • Lumbar Sympathetic Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection