Dr. Gary Chen, MD

Dr. Gary Chen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Gary Y Chen MD 1513 S Grand Ave Ste 208 Los Angeles, CA 90015 Get Directions

Dr. Chen and his professional team realize that every patient has specific needs. Dr. Chen takes his time to evaluate the needs of every patient and provide the best quality care.

Dr. Gary Chen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Chen is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, California Hospital Medical Center, Los Alamitos Medical Center and Saint Francis Medical Center.

Dr. Chen's Experience

See how Dr. Chen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chen

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Chen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
    2.4
    Dr. Chen's Performance
      FAIR
      FAIR
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Worst medical experience in my thirty plus years of living at Dr. Chen's downtown LA office. I have a fracture wrist & severely displaced thumb fracture which Dr. Chen did not fix. I'm switching doctors and need my X-rays, but his receptionist never answers the phone or answers and hangs up immediately. I waited over three hours at my lady appointment to see Dr. Chen. Wouldn't recommend him/his office to anyone.
    in Los Angeles CA |
    Went to see Dr Chen but nor his staff, or the person working on his behalf provided any information about why my mom was not able to see dr. Chen. The person whor checked my mom showed no medical credentials of any type and didn't sound confident in his consultation. Left feeling worried, concerned and disappointed. Medical staff provided no answers. I would not recommend this clinic or doctor.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Today I arrived for a follow up appointment scheduled for 4pm to be told that the Xray tech DID NOT show up to work. The sole reason for my appointment was X-rays.... i questioned why the office would not call and reschedule the X-ray patients if they were aware that the tech was out. The receptionist simply apologized. She then informed me they had ANOTHER tech but he was trying to "figure out how to use the machine." The tech could not figure out how to use the machine and i was rescheduled...
    in H. Ca. 90250 |
    Excellent service i recomend.
    in Encino, CA |
    I am a writer and musician who had two flexor tendons cut on my hand. Only a hand certified specialist would do. Only the best... Dr. Chen and his staff are just that... THE BEST! I will be forever grateful to them for seeing me through a very scary situation. Sincerely, Jazan Wild
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Absolute worst ever. The manager should be working at a massage parlor at best. After waiting 2.5 hours past the appointment, I was told the Doctor I had scheduled the appointment with is not in. They could care less about patients, the practice is being run like a used car lot.
    in West Hollywood, CA |
    My referral was for Dr. Chen, but when I arrived, he wasn't there and I had to see Dr. Alnajjar. I waited 2 hours. Dr. Alnajjar wanted me to come back to see Dr. Chen, who only works on Fridays. The appointment was for 8:30, even though Dr. Chen doesn't start until after 9, I was told. I waited 2 hours again. I was furious when I got a bill for 2 co-pays, even though the second visit was requested by the doctor. When I complained the manager said we have plenty of patients. Well not me anymore
    in Orange, CA |
    My experience with Dr. Chen was most pleasant. Other specialists evaluated my hand as most likely needing a surgical procedure. After a set of X-rays, Dr. Chen made a judgment call to cast and to reset the severe diagonal break in my right 4th metacarpal. Post cast X-rays showed the bones aligning almost to perfection. Dr. Chen's experience and performance is what sets him apart from others. I will undoubtedly recommended him to all my loved ones.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I was shoot with an AK 47 in September the 19th 2014. I was told another physician that I would have to have my entire foot amputated. But Dr. Chen stepped in and stated that he could save my foot. He had to amputate 2 toes and able to save my foot. he is a good physician and he will educate you on what you need to do to have a speedy recovery.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I had been having right shoulder pain for couple years and I went into Dr. Chang's office. He then did the rotator cuff tear repair surgery. After surgery all the follow ups he was very professional and thorough with his explanations on my recuperation. Now I have returned to work, I have no pain and I have been able to work comfortably after Dr. Chen procedure.
    in Pasadena, CA |
    I have been doctor shopping. After seeing other physicians that I did not trust, my insurance referred me to Dr Chen. I immediately felt very comfortable with him. He is very knowledgeable, explains everything and answered all my questions. I have relatives in healthcare who said that Dr Chen was very well respected and that if one need surgery, especially complicated surgery like mine, that Dr Chen was the man for the job. The waiting room is for PT and two other doctors so it is crowded.
    Have you seen Dr. Gary Chen, MD?
    Are you Dr. Chen?

Dr. Chen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chen's Board Certifications

• Bunion
    • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • De Quervain's Disease
    • Femur Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Knee Fracture
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures