Dr. Gary Carr, MD

Addiction PsychiatryMaleAge 68

Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Gary Carr, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Southaven, MS and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Mississippi medical school in 1980. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Gary Carr, MD

Southern Hand Centers

5699 Getwell Rd Bldg E Southaven, MS 38672 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check if Dr. Carr treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Carr's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Opioid Withdrawal
  • Outpatient Opioid Detoxification

Dr. Carr accepts

Dr. Carr accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Carr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carr

2.4

Dr. Carr

THIS POST CONTAINS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY -- TB The week before my final appt., I spoke with the Doctor to check his progress on the prescriptions I had been unable to get filled. I was told to attend my next appointment, after which, he began ranting, swearing at me and Hung-Up on me. When I arrived at my appointment he immediately began yelling, cussing at me, and threw me out. The abrupt loss of pain and detox care, along with the Doctors’ refusal to treat, caused me elevated chronic pain and extended suffering. I found inaccuracies in my medical records concerning my objectives, goals, and treatment. I later discovered that the Doctor took me off the medication too quickly. I have since successfully, gradually gotten off the meds on-my-own. The Doctors’ actions towards me were repeatedly unprofessional. He swore at me and used vulgar language. I later learned that the Doctor’s primary market is an AA counselor, mostly dealing with 'mandatory' and court ordered clients
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
payback in Hernando – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Carr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carr?

• Addiction Psychiatry

1984
University of Mississippi
1980
University of Mississippi

Is Dr. Gary Carr, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Gary Carr, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Carr's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Gary Carr, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Carr accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Gary Carr, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Carr frequently treats Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling, Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling, and Alcohol Withdrawal. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Carr treats.

Where is Dr. Gary Carr, MD's office located?

Dr. Carr's office is located at 5699 Getwell Rd Bldg E, Southaven, MS 38672. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Gary Carr, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Carr has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Gary Carr, MD?

Southern Hand Centers5699 Getwell Rd Bldg E Southaven, MS 38672