Dr. Gary Bellman, MD

Practices Urology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 70 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Bellman from the very beginning was to the point at the consultation and told me the options between having it done while I was awake or under general anesthesia. He explained what they were going to do and I decided to get it done while I was awake... which was my mistake. Get the anesthesia. Without too much information, things didn't go as smoothly as expected but the results ended the same. I have no more swimmers after my first round of testing!
Author:
Being a patient with this practice was a positive experience. The team was professional. Dr Bellman and staff are a credit to the medical profession.
Author:
Dr. Bellman is terrific. He spends the appropriate amount of time with his patients, laying out treatment options in an easy to understand manner. Personable and encouraging. Takes the time to find what's right for you. Staff is friendly, making you feel comfortable upon your first visit. I couldn't be happier. And I feel great! Highly recommended!
Author:
I first saw Dr. Bellman for a urine infection which I recovered from . months later I had kidney stones and was at the ER doctor Bellman saw me the next day & arranged for my surgery the day after that . After the surgery Dr. Bellman checked up with emails to see how I was doing . He takes the time to explain everything so that you understand . He’s definitely more than a five star doctor Dr. Bellman is the most Caring & compassionate Doctor .
Author:
Dr. Bellman was not only excellent in his execution of my vasectomy, he provided clear answers and cogent advice during the consultation and checked in with me multiple times post-surgery, to boot. Couldn’t recommend him more.
Author:
I found this great Doctor Bellman right here on Healthgrades. With 64 reviews, all being great, I took my chances and was able to get an appointment 2 days after being in the ER for 5 hours with an oversized kidney stone. On the 5th day I was in surgery and the stone was removed. A week of excruciating pain later because a stent was put in place, this was removed and now I am happily on the road of recovery. I would give him and his great staff 10 stars if I could. I would highly recommend him!!
Author:
I started Testosterone Therapy with weekly injections. Before therapy my Testosterone was 82!...I was feeling weak, lost my desire for sex, gained fat and lost muscle. My cholesterol was 190 and my Triglycerides were 215. After 3 months of injections (100mg every week) here are the results: Regained my sex drive like when I was young! Muscles grew. Lost fat. Cholesterol dropped to 140. Triglycerides dropped to 115. I feel rejuvenated and the treadmill is a breeze! Thanks Doctor!
Author:
excellent service and very professional!
Author:
I had a Vasectomy by Dr. Bellman. He was very professional and easy to talk to about the procedure. He puts you at ease and answers any questions you have. Afterwards he checked up with me daily which I feel is above and beyond what other doctors do. I would recommend using Dr. Bellman to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Bellman was great. I liked him from the moment that I met him. He was personable, very knowledgeable about his craft and I he was the first person that I met. The surgery was a success, and post surgery, he would email to check in and was always available to answer a question I had. Also, his staff was great to work with as well. I would recommend him to anyone needing a urologist.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr Bellman for several years now. He has a great staff . They are always very helpful with any questions that I have . Dr Bellman is awesome . I always feel like he has the time to see me and if something isn't working he doesn't just let it go. He works it out. Always listens to you. I have recommended him to several friends at work. They are very happy with him also.
Author:
Had my vasectomy procedure done with Dr. Bellman and couldn't have been happier with the experience. He explained everything in very clear detail and made me feel very comfortable with the entire process. Great follow-up as well. Highly recommended.
Author:
Great procedure - (vasectomy) - went to dinner afterwards with the wife to celebrate our anniversary. Great follow up, and great communication. Dr Bellman is on it. That's why I drove from Silver Lake to his office. I will recommend to all the dads.
Author:
Dr.Bellman and his staff are very professional and caring. I would recommend the to everyone I talk to.
Author:
I have been seeing Dr. Bellman for over 10 years. He has been very professional the whole time. He explains the problems I have and the treatments that are available. He answers my questions and I never feel rushed. The staff, except Aja, has changed over the years and sometimes not for the best. Dr. Bellman's nurse Aja has been with him the whole time I've been a patient and she is terrific.
Author:
He and his staff were very professional and extremely helpful through the whole process. I knew what to expect and what my insurance would cover prior to my procedure and my recovery was much quicker than expected because of the care I received!
Author:
Dr. Bellman is exceptional and top notch surgeon. Staff is knowledgeable, caring and talented. Most of all helpful. 2 years ago, I was referred to Dr. Bellman's practice. That was 2 years ago and today I feel 10 years younger. Hands down best Urologist in town..............
Author:
Dr. Bellman takes time to listen to complaints, both past and present. Reviews the systems and carries out thorough physical examinations. Able to explain procedures and different options of treatment with their pros and cons and the prognosis of each procedure. Most important was his following up with me twice a day after any procedure to know how am feeling and if I have any complications. Most reassuring was the video demonstration of the different methods of treating prostate enlargement.
Great experience overall!
Author:
Reassuring and comforting approach to erectile dysfunction. Bottom line, his suggestions worked. At age 71 I'm having better sex than I've had for over 20 years.
Author:
Did a great job lasering out a rather large stone. Couldn't be happier with the overall experience and outcome. Dr. Bellman personally followed up with me after I got home the day of as well as the next morning. Great follow through!
Author:
This is by far the worst Doctor I have ever encounter...I was referred to him by motion picture hospital. He had no bed side manners, I had gone in to see why I was peeing blood. He had stuck is finger up my and said come into my office to talk! I had sat In front of him for a short time as he was writing notes...I really had no clue why I was there. I had asked if I had cancer, he responded yes... Keep this in mind, no testing at all in the beginning....he recommend radiation.
Author:
Dr. Bellman and his staff are very friendly and do everything they can to make their patients feel at ease.
Author:
Dr. Bell is knowledgeable, supportive. I find that I can't discuss my personal problems and solutions. He helped me through my prostate cancer by recommending radiation treatment and followup monitoring of my spa's on routine appointments. Recently he has helped with my urinary problems and medication selections. I highly recommend him to others
Author:
I have been with Doctor Bellman for over 8 years and I am very happy. He and his staff and very responsive.
Best doctor ever !
Author:
Dr. Bellman is an outstanding doctor. He's attentive, supportive and informative. I felt at ease discussing very personal medical issues and with the aid of his excellent staff, my first visit was wonderful. It's a shame Dr. Bellman isn't a General Practitioner, as I'd recommend him to everyone I know. Since moving to America 3 years ago, I have to say, Dr. Bellman is hands down the nicest, most informative and reassuring doctor I have met in the US. Thank you to you and your team.
Author:
Excellent staff and Dr. The office waits are reasonable, not overcrowded from what I've experienced. The procedure I had done in the office went well with great results. Dr. Bellman walked me through the whole time so I won't get too anxious. Great person and doctor with friendly staff. A++
Author:
I like and admire Dr. Bellman's quiet, confident style. He clearly explains your medical situation and advises what next steps are to be considered. He appears to be a life long learner and keeps himself abreast of the current best practices in his field. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Bellman and staff were very professional and kind. I was treated by the most caring team I've ever came across in a Dr's office. My recurrent UTI was cleared much quicker than it had in the past. I suspect it was because I was not provided a quick medication prior to getting my urine results!
Author:
Dr. Bellman was very concerned for my condition I presented him with. He took several precautions to make certain I was healthy and alright. He was very professional, easy to speak to and was willing to listen to my concerns. He was proactive, which I was very thankful for. He spoke to me before and after my surgical procedure. Additionally, I was able to call his office and he responded immediately with a concern I had. The staff also was very cordial and completely understanding.
Author:
Dr Bellman was a great help to me. I was very anxious about my finasteride side effects. Dr Bellman advised me (totally for free) on the right dosage to take and precautions I could take to make sure my health is ok. A great doctor who Id highly recommend.
Author:
I was recommended to Dr. Bellman by a friend and I could not have been happier. I was back to work the next day and felt zero discomfort.
Author:
As a surgeon myself I talked to a lot of colleagues in the valley and everyone told me to see Dr. Bellman for my procedure. I was not disappointed. Dr. Bellman is extremely knowledgeable experienced and competent and my procedure was painless and without complication. Have recommended him to several of my surgical colleagues already.
Author:
Do not trust this Doc. The real kicker is he ordered a DNA test to the tune of $4,000 (for a kidney stone! ...Without permission or explanation. Insurance pays none of it...NONE We finally got that bill kicked after reporting him. Don't trust this Dr. Bad news. BTW, every single Dr. we told this story to was shocked that he ordered this test. Ask if he owns part of a lab...or perhaps has a deal with one? Kidney stone sent to their private lab? Why? Exp: UCLA not that good. Really?