Dr. Gary Bellman, MD

UrologyMaleAge 59

Urology

Dr. Gary Bellman, MD is a Urology Specialist in West Hills, CA and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from McGill Medical School medical school in 1987. He is affiliated with West Hills Hospital & Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Gary Bellman, MD

Southern California Urology Institute

23101 Sherman Pl Ste 402 West Hills, CA 91307 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Bellman with our nearby Urology Specialists at Los Robles Regional Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Los Robles Regional Medical Center today at (805) 724-0488.

These providers are on the medical staff of Los Robles Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Bellman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bellman

4.3

1.2195121951219512%
1.2195121951219512%

Dr. Bellman

Excellent result
Kaiser doesn't do Rezum, so I had a very successful Rezum procedure with Dr. Gary Bellman in West Hills. I asked the price and he replied immediately. Nice, since sometimes getting prices is difficult. Doctor and staff were excellent. After two preliminary appointments, the 4/23/21 outpatient procedure included a steroid, an antibiotic, and two pain medications. Right before the procedure I received two local anesthetics and nitrous oxide. It took about 15 minutes. Rezum involves a few weeks recovery as prostate tissue sloughs off and there is some pain / bleeding. It was uncomfortable. But the improvement in urinary tract function was dramatic, without side effects associated with other procedures. During recovery, Dr. Bellman responded quickly to Email questions. He has the rare ability to clearly answer questions without unnecessary elaboration, which make his replies very hard to misinterpret. More physicians should be able to do that. Highly recommended.
Robert Simms – Feb 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Extremely rude and literally laughed at me when I was in pain. Worst doctor I have ever dealt with. Sadistic.
Oct 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr Bellman took me as a new patient, quickly diagnosed my issue and got me through what could have been a horrible outcome. I’m extremely grateful to him and his staff. Recommend highly.
Bud Harner – Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr Bellman and his staff are very helpful and understanding. Dr Bellman is amazing he answer my email 24/7 this is a luxury I never had. My favorite is Rosa she is a wonderful person and she goes out of her way to help you. I highly recommend Dr Bellman
W R – Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
I could not have asked for a better experience with Dr. Bellman and his staff at Southern California Urology Institute! I had to go to the ER with a kidney stone on a Sunday evening. There, the on call urologist placed a stent in my kidney to allow it to function until I could have the stone dealt with. I then contacted Dr. Bellman's office to inform them of my situation. They took action immediately! They scheduled me in as soon as possible, had me X-Rayed to assess the situation and organized my surgery to remove both the stent and stone right away. They stayed in constant contact with me the entire time, making sure I was okay and prepared. The surgery went off without a hitch! Dr. Bellman himself reach out to me several times after the surgery (at least once a day, for many days) to make sure I was okay and not in any pain. His staff then scheduled a follow up when it was convenient to my schedule. I can't say enough how perfect the entire experience was! Thank you Dr. Bellman!
Derrick N – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr. Bellman is an exceptional doctor. He is skilled, knowledgeable, and very responsive. I highly recommend him.
Jay S. – Apr 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
My kidney stone was diagnosed right away and taken care of by Dr. Bellman using laser method. Dr Bellman’s after surgery’s follow up with the patient is excellent.
Apr 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Enlarged prostate: had 3 biopsies done, all negative but can’t urinate freely. Flomax was given and it helps. Finally he suggested the Rezum procedure and that I’ll feel great afterwords. Well BS! giving laughing gas did help during the procedure until the last second were a sharp pain was given to me has the vapor hit something inside me. I asked what that was with no clear answer but said that I was sensitive. Now I have incontenance all day and nights and no ejaculation for 7 months and not stoping. It’s terrible and embarrassing. Looking for a second opinion as I know something is not right. Again, he had said that it would not affect anything. Who ever reads this. Please be careful. Doctors like this procedure because it’s in office and the hospital is cut out of the fee therefore the Doctor makes more .
J – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Horrible. Did no research on why the procedure Rezum is giving me problems now for 7 months. I sure hope my biopsies are correct. All I’m told is to have patience. BS
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Reckless and insensitive. I have Stage 4 Cancer as a result of his reckless attitude. He did a total of six biopsies when the protocol is a minimum of 12. He told me that everything was normal because he did not do the proper amount of biopsies and when I asked him at each visit why my PSA scores kept rising, he, with his smug cavalier attitude, Oh, they go up, they go down, don't worry about it. Now, as a result, I am in stage 4 cancer. I am taking Lupron injections and a 1000 MGS of Zytega to keep me alive. Thanks Dr. Bellman.
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Top notch urological surgeon. Essentially saved my life when I had suffered for so long with sepsis under the care of a previous urologist who was following me. Dr. Bellman made the correct diagnosis and performed cystoscopy and green light laser prostate surgery which solved all my chronic miserable symptoms immediately.
Dr. M. G. – Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Superb doctor who has expertly served me through two surgeries and numerous procedures. To put it succinctly, Dr. Bellman’s compassionate and thoughtful approach saved my bladder. I’ll be forever grateful for his excellent care. With pleasure I give him and his outstanding, wonderfully-responsive staff my absolute highest recommendation.
BillR – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr. Bellman from the very beginning was to the point at the consultation and told me the options between having it done while I was awake or under general anesthesia. He explained what they were going to do and I decided to get it done while I was awake... which was my mistake. Get the anesthesia. Without too much information, things didn't go as smoothly as expected but the results ended the same. I have no more swimmers after my first round of testing!
May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Being a patient with this practice was a positive experience. The team was professional. Dr Bellman and staff are a credit to the medical profession.
Pat in Santa Clarita – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr. Bellman is terrific. He spends the appropriate amount of time with his patients, laying out treatment options in an easy to understand manner. Personable and encouraging. Takes the time to find what's right for you. Staff is friendly, making you feel comfortable upon your first visit. I couldn't be happier. And I feel great! Highly recommended!
Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
I first saw Dr. Bellman for a urine infection which I recovered from . months later I had kidney stones and was at the ER doctor Bellman saw me the next day & arranged for my surgery the day after that . After the surgery Dr. Bellman checked up with emails to see how I was doing . He takes the time to explain everything so that you understand . He’s definitely more than a five star doctor Dr. Bellman is the most Caring & compassionate Doctor .
Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
Dr. Bellman was not only excellent in his execution of my vasectomy, he provided clear answers and cogent advice during the consultation and checked in with me multiple times post-surgery, to boot. Couldn’t recommend him more.
Los Angeles, CA – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
I found this great Doctor Bellman right here on Healthgrades. With 64 reviews, all being great, I took my chances and was able to get an appointment 2 days after being in the ER for 5 hours with an oversized kidney stone. On the 5th day I was in surgery and the stone was removed. A week of excruciating pain later because a stent was put in place, this was removed and now I am happily on the road of recovery. I would give him and his great staff 10 stars if I could. I would highly recommend him!!
Robert B in Studio City – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
I started Testosterone Therapy with weekly injections. Before therapy my Testosterone was 82!...I was feeling weak, lost my desire for sex, gained fat and lost muscle. My cholesterol was 190 and my Triglycerides were 215. After 3 months of injections (100mg every week) here are the results: Regained my sex drive like when I was young! Muscles grew. Lost fat. Cholesterol dropped to 140. Triglycerides dropped to 115. I feel rejuvenated and the treadmill is a breeze! Thanks Doctor!
Jacob in Thousand Oaks CA – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?
excellent service and very professional!
Yuda in Valley village – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Bellman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bellman?