Dr. Gary Agena, MD

Dr. Gary Agena, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·

Dr. Gary Agena, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Madisonville, LA and has been practicing for 12 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Gary Michael Agena, M.D.

• EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Agena

See how frequently Dr. Agena performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Uterine Fibroids
Pregnancy Test
Encounters for Normal Pregnancies

Dr. Agena's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• LSU Baton Rouge
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Med College Virginia Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Med College Virginia Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Agena has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Agena does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Agena and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Agena's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Agena to family and friends

Dr. Agena's Performance

Dr. Agena Says:
"

Your opinion of how we have cared for you is very important to us.  We can only improve if you let us know what we need to do.  While the quality of the medical care you receive is most important, we know that the way in which we deliver that care is also important.

"

Dr. Gary Agena is 1 of the very best OBGYN/SURGEON ON THE NORTHSHORE AND 2 years ago on April 7th 2016 is when I became his patient and he’s been good to me since this year. And I love him with all my heart and I don’t know what I would do without him because he’s the best.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Don’t let this man touch you! He nearly killed me during a simple partial Hysterectomy. He hit a main Artery and more than half of my blood dumped into my stomach. I’m lucky to be alive today. Every doctor since him says im a miracle and to be glad that I’m still here and alive.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Without a doubt, the best. Fantastic Dr who leaves no stone unturned and has no problem taking the time explaining medical diagnoses. Always prompt and on time for my appointment. The staff is just as fantastic.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I recommend him to any female. In fact, I wish I didn't live 4 hrs away from his office now, bc he is truly amazing at what he does.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Absolutely LOVE Dr. Agenda and his staff! I'm a big critical person when it comes to Doctors, office, AND their staff! The first thing I notice is if it's clean (yes I even look at the cleanliness of the waiting room) & 2nd I listen & watch the front desk b/c they play a huge role as well. His...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0