Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Gary Ackerman, MD
Dr. Gary Ackerman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in West Palm Beach, FL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Ackerman is affiliated with Jupiter Medical Center.

200 Northpoint Pkwy

West Palm Beach, FL 33407

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Ackerman

See how frequently Dr. Ackerman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Internal Derangement of Knee
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Ackerman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement

• Mt Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Mass Genl Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Ackerman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ackerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ackerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ackerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ackerman to family and friends
Dr. Ackerman's Performance
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Doctor Ackerman and his staff are extremely knowledgeable, he preformed knee surgery on me and got me back on my feet in no time. I highly recommend Palm Beach Sports Medicine.
Newark, NJ |
The best best. And that ain't no bull
in Stuart, FL |
DR. Ackerman preformed a total hip replacement on my wife's Hip, previously she had been in extreme pain, we are indebted to Dr. Ackerman for a successful surgery, my wife is walking now, painless and with full weight, after only eight weeks, this is so amazing for a complete hip replacement. We would highly recommend Dr, Ackerman to anyone . He is one of the best surgeons we have ever seen. Thank you so very much, Dr. Ackerman.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I had a right total hip replacement in January, 2017. Dr. Ackerman and his staff (Jeneva in particular) are fantastic. From the onset, which was my first meeting with Dr. A., I felt comfortable. He took the time to explain everything to me. The surgery went well and I am now doing most of what I could do before, but without the pain! I have just scheduled my right knee repacement, and would only have Dr. A. do it. I highly recommend him and his office (and Jupiter Medical Center too).
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Dr Ackerman is the best doctor you can find. He replaced both my knees and a hip and I had no problems. He's personable and knowledgeable with a great personality also. I wish I could give him 10 stars he so great. I've been going to him for 10 years. I highly recommend him and his staff, they are the best.
in Jupiter, FL |
Although I have not yet had my surgery with Dr Ackerman i am extremely happy with the care that I have received so far. From the ease of making appointments to the surgery staff being very kind and thoughtful and finally to the genuine feeling of not being rushed make my choice of going here the best one I could have made.
Nassau, NP |
Highly recommend Dr. Ackerman. Two total hip replacements last year and it is incredible to be pain free.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ackerman, his assistant Jeneva, his staff and associated Physical Therapy group are outstanding. I had a complete knee quadriceps tendon rupture almost a year ago and Dr. Ackerman's surgery and care have been exemplary. Although this is a disabling injury with a prolonged recovery period, I am well on my way now.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My husband severely injured his quadriceps tendon while in Florida. We were scared but were unbelievably lucky to have found Dr Ackerman. The surgery was truly life saving and a huge success (not a guarantee for this type of injury) . But more than that,  Dr.  Ackerman talked to us - he treated the whole person. i would be negligent, tho, if I did not mention Jeneva,  Dr.  Ackerman's nurse, who was always patient and responsive to our needs. Bottom line, I absolutely recommend Dr Ackerman.
in Riviera Beach Fl |
Three weeks ago I had a total knee replacement by Dr Ackerman and I am 100 percent back. This was a blessing for me to have contacted Dr Ackerman for this surgery, as I was somewhat Leary after hearing other people explain how awful this surgery was. He was considerate and his bedside manners were of the utmost. If you are planning this type of surgery I would recommend Dr Ackerman highly
in Jupiter, FL |
Did my knee replacement surgery....couldn't have been better from his top notch work to his tremendous staff.....Its been 2 months and I am getting around fine and doing almost everything I used to do......
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My surgical experience and outcomes with Dr. Ackerman was nothing short of outstanding. From registration, to the assessment, to the transition to and from the surgical center, to the procedure and follow-up, and to the outcomes far exceeded my expectations. Dr. Ackerman's knowledge, skills, and professionalism are second to none. His staff, especially Geneva, consistently provide outstanding care and service. Truly patient centered...
in Jupiter, FL |
I had a full knee replacement and 3 months since surgery, I am exceeding all expectations - I've been back at work since week 3. I am now walking on the sandy beach and I even am doing multiple flights of stairs, getting back into shape. Dr. Ackerman took lots of time to listen and answer all of our questions. Highly recommend Dr A for your knee surgery.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Apologies to his wife and to my husband but I just love this man. Rarely do you find a doctor so caring and dedicated to his patients and his work. I have just had a second hip replacement in three months, two weeks on I am walking without a cane. I am doing physical therapy at his office with Dr Eric and David and it is tough but it is paying off big time. I can not praise Dr Ackerman and his team enough. I had my surgery at Jupiter Medical Centre and they too were awesome.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ackerman is the most compassionate physicians I have ever dealt with. He has performed three surgeries on me and I've had excellent results from each one. Between his services and the physical therapy department I was able to get back to my daily activities quickly.
in Palm Beach Gardens |
I had a full knee replacement on April 15th. Today June 15th I am back to playing high level tennis singles and doubles. I am riding my bicycle 50 miles round-trip and I am very happy76-year-old male patient. The therapy was tough but well worth the intensive effort. Excellent surgery by Dr. Ackerman and therapy at Chatsworth. Jupiter medical center is really a first-class hospital.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Ackerman literally gave me my life back. In my 40's with severe bone on bone arthritis in both knees and a valgus deformity on the right, Dr. Ackerman recommended a bi-lateral total knee replacement. While doing both knees at once was a bit daunting, it was absolutely the right recommendation and 6 months post surgery, I am back to the active life that I had in my 20's. I've had numerous knee surgeries at a top ortho hospital in NYC and Dr. Ackerman's work tops them all. THANK YOU.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Doctor Ackerman for more than 10 years. He has treated me for tennis elbow, a torn hamstring and most recently he performed a full knee replacement. He is an incredible and highly skilled surgeon. He was also very helpful in explaining the knee replacement process, discussing my x-rays and answering any questions I had. He has always made me feel extremely comfortable and I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who is having orthopedic issues.
in Tequesta, FL |
I was happy with my overall experience and the results of my shoulder surjery .
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ackerman performed by knee surgery (total replacement) and repaired my shoulder. I am highly satisfied with his ability as a surgeon. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr Ackerman did a great job on my knee replacement. I was very nervous but he explained everything to me and answered all my questions. I suggest making a list of questions before you go to your appointment . The office can be very busy. The staff is also very helpful . My physical therapist was surprised at how quickly I was able to get my range of motion back. I highly recommend Dr. Ackerman
Loxahatchee, FL |
Patient and extremely competent. My surgery went without incident and I'm walking better than I did prior to the surgery. His staff is wonderful as well.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Ackerman, MD?
Are you Dr. Ackerman?