Dr. Garth Davis, MD

Dr. Garth Davis, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Garth Davis, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Asheville, NC and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 1996 and specializes in bariatric surgery, bariatric medicine, and more.Read his story

1 Hospital Dr # 106

Asheville, NC 28801

• WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Davis

See how frequently Dr. Davis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Esophageal Surgery
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Davis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Davis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Davis "Garth P. Davis, MD, FACS, FASMBS, graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Texas in Austin where he was the Student Government President and was recognized as the most outstanding student at UT. Dr. Davis went on to attend medical school at Baylor College of Medicine and graduated in the top 10 percent of his class. In addition, he was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Davis completed his surgical residency at the prestigious University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where he was elected to the position of Chief Administrative Resident. He then started his career in Houston, Texas where he established The Davis Clinic and was an assistant professor of surgery at The University of Texas-Houston. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. He is also boarded in medical management of obesity. Dr. Davis is the author of two books: Proteinaholic: How Our Obsession with Meat Is Killing Us and The Expert's Guide to Weight-Loss Surgery. Having spent 17 years in the field of surgical and medical weight management, Dr. Davis is a recognized expert in initial bariatric procedures as well as revisional bariatric surgery, and he is frequently asked to give lectures to both patient and physician audiences."

This content was provided by Dr. Davis "I am interested in helping people understand nutrition and helping them lose weight to live a healthier and happier life.I am the medical director of Mission Weight Management which provides comprehensive care to people seeking to manage their weight.  We meet people where they are and provide evidenced based techniques for successfully losing and maintaining weight."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • Bariatric Medicine
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Obesity Associated Asthma
  • Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University of Texas
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • University of MI
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University of MI
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Davis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis?
Dr. Davis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Garth Davis, MD
Dr Davis was confident and super knowledgeable about my conditions and what was needed for me. He made me very comfortable with our plan and maniacally followed up with me throughout the process to ensure I was doing well and having no complications. Being in the customer care field for me entire...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garth Davis, MD?
My experience with Dr. Davis and the staff at Mission Weight Management has been excellent! Not only is he courteous and respectful, he truly listens to me, believes me, & legitimizes my concerns. His bed-side manner is exceptional and my surgery experience couldn't have been better. I have never...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garth Davis, MD?
He is one of the best doctor's I've ever had. I would tell everyone I know that her is the best one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garth Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is interested in the health of his patients and is easy to talk to. He encourages a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. I have had no complications from my surgery, but when I had a question, Dr. Davis was quick to answer and was genuinely interested in my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garth Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is an experienced surgeon. I have seen many people's horror stories that had the same procedure that I had and I often laugh and say if I didn't have surgical wounds I would've never thought I'd actually had surgery. Dr. Davis listens and cares about your experience as his patient. His...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Davis?