Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD

Dr. Hyman
Telehealth services available

Lake Washington Sports & Spine

1600 116th Ave Ne Bellevue, WA 98004

Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Bellevue, WA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities EvergreenHealth Medical Center - Kirkland and Overlake Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hyman to book an appointment.

Compare with other Sports Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Hyman with our nearby Sports Medicine Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Hyman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hyman

3.8

Dr. Hyman?
I saw Dr Hyman after years of chronic low back pain. He immediately thought it sounded like a hip issue so he sent me for an mri. The radiologist report said I had hip impingement but Dr Hyman said I didn’t have a labral tear and the impingement wouldn’t cause my pain. I was referred to someone else to start exploratory steroid injections. After getting worse, two years later I took the exact same mri to a hip specialist and he couldn’t believe the labral tear was missed. So, my tear was not discovered by Dr Hyman, I was put through needless cortisone injections (5) and I was in pain for an extra two years. I’m now 9 months post op for FAI and a labral tear in one hip and 2 weeks post op for the same issues in the other hip.
Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
I was hit by a car last year - as a pedestrian. I had basic treatment for broken bones plus medication for a resulting DVT (blood clot). After 6 months - I was still struggling with 2 chronic conditions. Then I went to Dr. Hyman. Employing ultra sound - he diagnosed the extent of my injuries. He also referred me to a physical therapist specifying pain reduction therapy; and to a vascular doctor to treat my now post thrombotic syndrome. This resulted in a wellness without pain and untreated conditions. Dr. Hyman identified areas of treatment that went beyond my “just getting by”. This will be important as I age. Additionally, Dr. Hyman, and his staff, are caring and attentive. He will be my "go to" doctor in the future for his expertise of non-invasive treatments of arthritis or injuries. I highly recommend.
JDS – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
I saw Dr Hyman on two occasions. One was when I was in my late teens and had chronic joint pain and a positive test for tuberculosis. He was able to rule out spinal tuberculosis for my PCP but was not helpful in discovering the cause of my musculoskeletal pain. I saw him again several years later, after college. DC, having less of an Opioid crisis, treated my herniated discs with narcotics and steroid injections. Upon returning to WA I saw Dr. Hymen who said the pain was all in my head and wanted me to buy self-help books and see a therapist. I was treated like a drug addict when all I wanted was answers. An astute primary care doctor ordered an autoimmune panel and I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus shortly after. With the proper immunosuppressive medications I have been in less pain and my organs are less at risk. Dr. Hyman profiled me as a 20-something female. He was unable to look outside his field and refer me to another medical provider or order a simple blood count.
Liz – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
Dr Hyman has been treating me for over fifteen years. I have stenosis in my neck, and have avoided surgery due to his excellent care. His care has kept me active and pain free. He listens to your symptoms and gives a thorough examination. I am now being treated for osteoarthritis in my knee. Scheduled a PRP injection. Will post results as they happen. I trust Dr Hyman implicitly. He's the best!
Tanya Baxter in Bellevue – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
I’ve only seen Dr. Hyman once so far but so far, so good. I’ve been in chronic pain for 4 years and have literally been to over 40 people (between doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, etc) and nobody has diagnosed me. Dr. Hyman listened to me, didn’t rush me through anything that could help him figure out what’s wrong and immediately honed in on some potential problems, none of which were ever considered by prior caregivers.
Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
Dr. Hyman continues to be one of the best doctors I've seen in my lifetime. I have overlapping physical issues that can take doctors many visits to understand completely and start giving useful and relevant advice. Dr. Hyman picked up the relevant details fast and was able to see the view from my physically limited world. Despite my physical issues being incurable he helped me more than all the other ortho docs I saw before him combined. Highly recommend.
Lisa Lovejoy Hayden in Kenmore – Nov 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
Dr. Hyman is a wonderful physician who demonstrates attentive and empathic care. He diagnosed the cause of my shoulder pain with ultrasound and x-rays, and referred me to physical therapy. I have had a significant improvement in my pain and range of motion, and continue to make progress. Thank you to Dr. Hyman for his expertise!
Bellevue, WA – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
Knee surgery or replacement was what other doctors recommended. Dr. Hyman proposed PRP. On day 1, I enjoyed my first pain free night of sleep in a year. 2 months later I was skiing and playing soccer. He returned my life to me. Flew my 85yr old Mom in to see Dr. Hyman. She left pain free as well. I love this doctor.
Eric Breecher in Bellevue, WA – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
He's fun, engaging, listens and provides information in layman's terms. He continues to explore and probe if first course of treatment doesn't get the desired results. He also went the extra step to take my case to a group that he meets with (physical therapist, neurosurgeon) to get additional insights and to develop a broader treatment plan.
Tammy in Auburn WA – Nov 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?
Dr. Hyman has been my doctor for about 2 years now, he is great, I had about 2 sets of spinal injections, they went well, he was so good to explained the procedures in detail, he made me feel secure. Dr. Hayman's assistant Natalie is wonderful, she has always a smile. I would recommend this doctor to friends and family members.
Karina in Bellevue, WA – Apr 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garrett Hyman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hyman?

• Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging