Dr. Jerry Hu, MD

Dr. Jerry Hu, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Throughout his career, Dr. Jerry Hu has been active in the forefront of ophthalmic surgeries, including blade-free wavefront-guided custom IntraLASIK, nano-incision cataract surgery, and no-stitch endothelial cornea transplants. He is one of the few surgeons in the world who routinely perform the cutting-edge, sub-2 millimeter, nano-incision cataract surgery. Dr. Hu is among the select surgeons in the Metroplex area who are fellowship-trained in modern laser refractive surgery, including blade-free intraLASIK, flapless LASEK, PRK, CK, as well as wavefront custom treatment. Dr. Jerry Hu also pioneers the most up-to-date surgical techniques in the sutureless endothelial cornea transplants and the no-recurrence, no-stitch pterygium surgery. In addition, with a strong interest in comprehensive ophthalmology, Dr. Hu has extensive experience in the treatment of glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, dry eyes and other ocular diseases. In 2007, Dr. Jerry Hu co-founded Texas Eye Surgery Center, which offers the state-of-the-art ophthalmic surgeries in a clean, pleasant and efficient outpatient setting. The scope of services includes cataract, pterygium, glaucoma, diabetes, corneal transplantation, eyelid surgery, YAG and Argon laser surgeries as well as various other advanced ocular procedures. Dr. Jerry Hu joined Texas Eye & Laser Center after completing a fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery with the world-renowned Jules Stein Eye Institute at University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Jerry Hu graduated with honors from Davidson College, North Carolina and attended Duke University School of Medicine. Following his internship in California, he returned to Duke and completed his residency in ophthalmology. Dr. Hu is widely published in various fields of ophthalmic research. His selected memberships include: The American Medical Association, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and Texas Medical Association. Dr. Hu also holds multiple memberships in other national and state professional organizations. Dr. Jerry Hu and his wife, also a physician, have been married for over twenty years and have two sons. The family enjoys traveling, photography, water sports and skiing. They are dedicated fans of the Cowboys, the Mavericks, the Rangers and the Stars. Dr. Hu also follows the Duke Blue Devils basketball team with zeal.

Texas Eye and Laser Center

1872 Norwood Dr

Hurst, TX 76054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Hu

Texas Eye and Laser Center is committed to offering the latest surgical and pre-op testing equipment available on the market. From LASIK eye surgery, to cataract surgery, to the treatment of corneal diseases, Texas Eye and Laser Center offers the most high-tech equipment available. Our doctors had the first LASIK center in Fort Worth and are always up-to-date on the newest and best treatments and technologies. We're offering our patients the latest advances in cataract lens technology including the Symfony Lens®, Symfony Toric®, ReSTOR®, Tecnis Multifocal® IOL and Crystalens® Implants. If you are looking for Fort Worth's leading experts in eye care, LASIK, and cataract surgery, then call us today! Our experienced surgeons are your source for laser eye surgery in Dallas and Fort Worth.

Video

Dr. Hu's Experience

Dr. Hu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Jules Stein Eye Institute At University Of California, Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of California School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hu has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member

Dr. Hu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hu to family and friends
Dr. Hu's Performance
in Fort Worth, Tx |
This was the best thing I've ever done for my eyes I didn't realize how much I didn't see until I had the cataract surgery. the office was pleasant it was clean that employees were awesome! I just can't say enough about this I was scared to death to have it done but it was easy breezy nothing to it I am glad that I came to Doctor Hu to it done! I would recommend him to everybody to get it done!
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Hu was very caring and professional. He recommended the lifestyle lens for myself due to my work and my vision is now almost 20/20 and I am glasses free! It is wonderful!
in Fort Worth |
Dr Hu is a very competent and skilled physician and his support staff is equally competent and skilled as well as caring and efficient. No side effects, or discomfort, and no complaints. I highly recommend.
in Brooksville, FL |
Whole experience was very pleasant. And Dr Hu and staff was very informative
in N Richland Hills, TX |
Have worn glasses since 4th grade, many years ago. I see perfectly for the first time! The process was relatively simple, but is worth every minute. I had the Symfont lens implanted after cataracts removed. Thank you for my sight!.
Arlington, TX |
Overall, my experience with Dr. Hu was very good. The consultation was informative and he discussed the various options available during the corrective surgery until I had a clear understanding of what procedure I wanted performed. The actual surgery was very quick and timely. Improvements: I wasn't told that my vision was going to totally go away for a few seconds when the flap was being made. That was a bit stressful but overall I had a great experience and would recommend Dr. Hu!
in Southlake, TX |
Dr. Hu and staff are incredible. He did both of my eyes with the restor lens and my vision is better than when i was in my 20's. Kelly Janes is the young lady that arranged my surgeries and she is so cheerful and helpful. She went above and beyond for me I even tried to steal her away for my own practice! Ask for her to take care of you! Would recommend this office over and over.
in Houston, TX |
Welcoming, easy service. All went well with gaining excellent eyesight.
in North Richland Hills, TX |
All tech and nurses were extremely professional and helpful Dr hu was very efficient
North Richland Hills, TX |
Everything went smoothly, very professional
Marshall, TX |
Things went well. Everyone was pleasant
in Dallas, TX |
Great doctor great office and staff my eyesight is great!?
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Hu is very professional and great at what he does. I got the Symphony lens and am very happy with it.
in Ft worth |
Happy with my surgery & I can see so GOOD!
in Euless, TX |
Great service provided for exams and cataract surgeries. Well organized staff and office that runs efficiently and cares about their patients. Highly recommend for any eye care needs.
in Mineral Wells , TX |
Dr. Hu did an excellent job on my eyes. I did not think with how bad my eye sight was that I would be a candidate for LASIK however Dr. Hu assured me that I was and he did an outstanding job with my eyes. I would highly recommend Dr. Hu to any of my friends and relatives. It's the best decision I've made.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Hu was very nice and easy to talk to. He is very good at putting you at ease.
in Keller, Tx |
Much better vision- I did not realize how much of a "fog" I was going around in. Colors are much brighter & clearer. I have the Traditional Lens. I'm really happy with the results.
I have the Restor Lens and I'm still in recovery yet excited about my vision. Very friendly & prompt. Professional and informed.
in Colleyville |
Excellent results, both eyes. Can't recommend enough. Both were Crystal lens. Perfect!
in Lantana,TX |
I am quite young to have cataracts, 37. I have been extremely nearsighted with astigmatism all my life. Dr. Hu was thorough, re-assuring, and confident that he could help me. Being so young, i had gotten opinions from other surgeons in the area as well. I felt the most comfortable with Dr. Hu. Surgery was painless. Recovery has been great, no itchiness or irritation just a little dryness. I could barely see the big e before surgery and a week after surgery clearly see 2015 with some 2010!!!
in Justin, TX |
Great experience with Dr. Jerry Hu at Texas Eye andLaser. I had cadaracts removed in both eyes, by Dr HU and would defiantly recommend him to anyone.
in Keller, Tx |
I have Traditional lens & my husband has crystalens. I'm AMAZED everything is brighter my vision is 20/20!
in Newark, TX |
Day after surgery, no pain or scratchyness. Feel great. Staff was incredible! Dr. Hu really helped us understand the process and made us feel comfortable.
in Bedford,Tx |
Happy with my vision & everyone very professional with my care! I have Traditional lens.
in Fort Worth texas |
I had the symfony lens and my vision is back to normal. I have been very satisfied with my results.
in Paradise TX |
Thank you for the GREAT SERVICE! Love my new vision.- I can see at night now & already recommended to my co workers. I have Traditional lenses.
in Alvarado,,TX |
I have had symphony toric lens implants in both eyes and have 20/20 vision for the first time. My vision is better than I ever expected. Dr Hu and his staff have been wonderful!
in Hurst, Tx |
Procedure to install restore cataract lens went fine! End results are very FINE!
in Southlake, Tx |
Since the surgery my vision is brighter and clearer! My entire experience with the office and doctor Hu has been very professional, comfortable and successful! I recommend Dr. Hu!
in NRH, TX |
Highly recommend this clinic!
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr Hu was kind, caring & through. I am thrilled with HOW WELL I CAN SEE!
Paradise, TX |
Have not had my surgery yet but so far the office staff and associates were very helpful and knowledgeable. The pre op nurse was especially helpful. Dr. Hu is on top of his craft and I feel completely confident in going forward.
in NRH,TX |
Easy, Dr Hu did a KAJ no problems so far
Hurst, TX |
The initial visit, to pre op, operative process, recovery, and followup well exceeded my expectations. I definately recommend this physician!
in Bedford, TX |
Dr. Hu and his staff......all around the most positive experience I have ever had.....friendly, caring, and professional!!!!! I would give them 100 stars if I could. Sooo nervous going in....and I had absolutely NOTHING to be nervous about!!! Every step of the way was explained and the staff gives you a feeling of comfort and the care was just AWESOME!!!! I was relaxed and Dr. Hu is GREAT!!!! I can't give him and his staff enough Praise. Thank You and Your Staff Dr. Hu.
in Euless, Tx |
The office is very professional and Dr Hu did a marvelous job on my cataract surgery, no recovery what so ever! My eyesight is perfect .
in Bedford, TX |
I had cataract surgery and it was painless and so fast! The after-care was excellent and I'm very happy with the results.
in Plano, TX |
Good experience with my SK SURGERY. All went well at every stage in the process from initial appointment through post surgery check up. Caring and professional staff and doctors.
in Weatherford, TX |
Very professional and friendly. Answered all questions, even in the hall after the consult. Made me feel comfortable with my decision. All office staff professional and helpful, especially Sandi Lotay surgery coordinator and Debbie who helped me navagate this review.
in Keller, TX |
Cataract surgery was the best surgery of my life - no more contacts and I can see the world when I wake up in the morning! The restore lens has also been great. Totally satisfied.
in Arlington, TX |
Every step of the way I keep thinking "this is too good to be true"!! Dr Hu made me feel very upbeat and confidant in my exam and his staff every step of the way were very professional and personable at the same time. I actually can't wait to come back next week for my second eye!! Thank you!
in Ft worth tx |
Great I'm doing very well.
in Coppell, TX |
Great Doctor explains procedures throughly Makes you feel at ease after all it is your eyesight your dealing with. Highly recommend
in Fort Worth Texas |
Great job no problem
in Weatherford, TX |
I used the Fort Worth office and had my surgery in Hurst. This is a great f facility and all the staff were great to work with; they were very good at explaining about what was going to happen and it was a quick and easy going procedure. it took no time for me to recover from the surgery and I am very grateful for what they have done for me. I would recommend anyone to use Dr. Hu.
in Benbrook, TX |
I have had two cataract surgeries and a surgery due to retina detachment. Dr. Hu and the staff at Texas Eye Surgery Center are wonderful. Everyone is friendly and make sure you fully understand the process and procedures being done. As well they always follow up afterwards to answer any questions or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Hu and his team.
in Benbrook, TX |
Watauga,Tx |
Dr.Hu is the greatest,he performed Cateract surgery on both my eyes,and they both went very ,very well.No problems not much pain after and none during,If later on I ever need more eye surgery done I will contact Dr.Hu's office for sure.He's the Greatest ever
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Hu did my cataract surgery 2012 and yag laser 2014. If I had to do it over again I would choose Dr. Hu James Pomeroy
Have you seen Dr. Jerry Hu, MD?

Visit Dr. Hu