Dr. Jerry Hu, MD

Dr. Jerry Hu, MD

Ophthalmology  |
199 reviews

Throughout his career, Dr. Jerry Hu has been active in the forefront of ophthalmic surgeries, including blade-free wavefront-guided custom IntraLASIK, nano-incision cataract surgery, and no-stitch endothelial cornea transplants. He is one of the few surgeons in the world who routinely perform the cutting-edge, sub-2 millimeter, nano-incision cataract surgery. Dr. Hu is among the select surgeons in the Metroplex area who are fellowship-trained in modern laser refractive surgery, including blade-free intraLASIK, flapless LASEK, PRK, CK, as well as wavefront custom treatment. Dr. Jerry Hu also pioneers the most up-to-date surgical techniques in the sutureless endothelial cornea transplants and the no-recurrence, no-stitch pterygium surgery. In addition, with a strong interest in comprehensive ophthalmology, Dr. Hu has extensive experience in the treatment of glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, dry eyes and other ocular diseases. In 2007, Dr. Jerry Hu co-founded Texas Eye Surgery Center, which offers the state-of-the-art ophthalmic surgeries in a clean, pleasant and efficient outpatient setting. The scope of services includes cataract, pterygium, glaucoma, diabetes, corneal transplantation, eyelid surgery, YAG and Argon laser surgeries as well as various other advanced ocular procedures. Dr. Jerry Hu joined Texas Eye & Laser Center after completing a fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery with the world-renowned Jules Stein Eye Institute at University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Jerry Hu graduated with honors from Davidson College, North Carolina and attended Duke University School of Medicine. Following his internship in California, he returned to Duke and completed his residency in ophthalmology. Dr. Hu is widely published in various fields of ophthalmic research. His selected memberships include: The American Medical Association, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and Texas Medical Association. Dr. Hu also holds multiple memberships in other national and state professional organizations. Dr. Jerry Hu and his wife, also a physician, have been married for over twenty years and have two sons. The family enjoys traveling, photography, water sports and skiing. They are dedicated fans of the Cowboys, the Mavericks, the Rangers and the Stars. Dr. Hu also follows the Duke Blue Devils basketball team with zeal....See Less

Texas Eye and Laser Center

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Hu

Dr. Hu's Experience

Dr. Hu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Duke University Hospital***Use 940***
  • Univ. Of California School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Hu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hu to family and friends
Dr. Hu's Performance
in Justin, TX |
Great experience with Dr. Jerry Hu at Texas Eye andLaser. I had cadaracts removed in both eyes, by Dr HU and would defiantly recommend him to anyone.
in Keller, Tx |
I have Traditional lens & my husband has crystalens. I'm AMAZED everything is brighter my vision is 20/20!
in Newark, TX |
Day after surgery, no pain or scratchyness. Feel great. Staff was incredible! Dr. Hu really helped us understand the process and made us feel comfortable.
in Bedford,Tx |
Happy with my vision & everyone very professional with my care! I have Traditional lens.
in Fort Worth texas |
I had the symfony lens and my vision is back to normal. I have been very satisfied with my results.
in Paradise TX |
Thank you for the GREAT SERVICE! Love my new vision.- I can see at night now & already recommended to my co workers. I have Traditional lenses.
in Alvarado,,TX |
I have had symphony toric lens implants in both eyes and have 20/20 vision for the first time. My vision is better than I ever expected. Dr Hu and his staff have been wonderful!
in Hurst, Tx |
Procedure to install restore cataract lens went fine! End results are very FINE!
in Southlake, Tx |
Since the surgery my vision is brighter and clearer! My entire experience with the office and doctor Hu has been very professional, comfortable and successful! I recommend Dr. Hu!
in NRH, TX |
Highly recommend this clinic!
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr Hu was kind, caring & through. I am thrilled with HOW WELL I CAN SEE!
Paradise, TX |
Have not had my surgery yet but so far the office staff and associates were very helpful and knowledgeable. The pre op nurse was especially helpful. Dr. Hu is on top of his craft and I feel completely confident in going forward.
in NRH,TX |
Easy, Dr Hu did a KAJ no problems so far
Hurst, TX |
The initial visit, to pre op, operative process, recovery, and followup well exceeded my expectations. I definately recommend this physician!
in Bedford, TX |
Dr. Hu and his staff......all around the most positive experience I have ever had.....friendly, caring, and professional!!!!! I would give them 100 stars if I could. Sooo nervous going in....and I had absolutely NOTHING to be nervous about!!! Every step of the way was explained and the staff gives you a feeling of comfort and the care was just AWESOME!!!! I was relaxed and Dr. Hu is GREAT!!!! I can't give him and his staff enough Praise. Thank You and Your Staff Dr. Hu.
in Euless, Tx |
The office is very professional and Dr Hu did a marvelous job on my cataract surgery, no recovery what so ever! My eyesight is perfect .
in Bedford, TX |
I had cataract surgery and it was painless and so fast! The after-care was excellent and I'm very happy with the results.
in Plano, TX |
Good experience with my SK SURGERY. All went well at every stage in the process from initial appointment through post surgery check up. Caring and professional staff and doctors.
in Weatherford, TX |
Very professional and friendly. Answered all questions, even in the hall after the consult. Made me feel comfortable with my decision. All office staff professional and helpful, especially Sandi Lotay surgery coordinator and Debbie who helped me navagate this review.
in Keller, TX |
Cataract surgery was the best surgery of my life - no more contacts and I can see the world when I wake up in the morning! The restore lens has also been great. Totally satisfied.
in Arlington, TX |
Every step of the way I keep thinking "this is too good to be true"!! Dr Hu made me feel very upbeat and confidant in my exam and his staff every step of the way were very professional and personable at the same time. I actually can't wait to come back next week for my second eye!! Thank you!
in Ft worth tx |
Great I'm doing very well.
in Coppell, TX |
Great Doctor explains procedures throughly Makes you feel at ease after all it is your eyesight your dealing with. Highly recommend
in Fort Worth Texas |
Great job no problem
in Weatherford, TX |
I used the Fort Worth office and had my surgery in Hurst. This is a great f facility and all the staff were great to work with; they were very good at explaining about what was going to happen and it was a quick and easy going procedure. it took no time for me to recover from the surgery and I am very grateful for what they have done for me. I would recommend anyone to use Dr. Hu.
in Benbrook, TX |
I have had two cataract surgeries and a surgery due to retina detachment. Dr. Hu and the staff at Texas Eye Surgery Center are wonderful. Everyone is friendly and make sure you fully understand the process and procedures being done. As well they always follow up afterwards to answer any questions or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Hu and his team.
in Benbrook, TX |
Watauga,Tx |
Dr.Hu is the greatest,he performed Cateract surgery on both my eyes,and they both went very ,very well.No problems not much pain after and none during,If later on I ever need more eye surgery done I will contact Dr.Hu's office for sure.He's the Greatest ever
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Hu did my cataract surgery 2012 and yag laser 2014. If I had to do it over again I would choose Dr. Hu James Pomeroy
in Hurst,,tx |
I see Dr. Cox mostly but I did get restor lens in 2013. I have 20/20 Vision still. Great experience. Lorenzo boldware
in Bedford, TX |
DrHu did YAG laser on both of my eyes. Everything went well and he explained everything perfectly where I could understand it. Frances Wallace
in Arlington, Tx |
Dr. Hu did my cataract surgery. My experience was great. My vision after surgery was awesome. I would recommend Dr.Hu highly. Janet Glider
in Hurst, TX |
Two of my family members have had cataract surgery with Dr. Hu with great outcomes. I see Dr.Cox and she is just one of the most personabe dr ever. Theresa Dickey
in Benbrook, tx |
I had cataract surgery with Dr.hu yesterday and my vision is great. Staff was excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. hU Danny Marish
in Paradise,tx |
Dr.Hu did my cataract surgery and vision is doing great. I'm seeing so sharp . Everything is so focused. Loved the staff. Loved Dr.Hu Cynthia Wilson
in Fort Worth, Tx |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Hu was very professional and great bed aide manner. He was just great explained everything to me. Everyone was just so helpful and professional. Kathryn Rowe
in Ft Worth, TX |
Very precise in telling me what I would experience with my cataract procedure. Very patient and thorough.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I had 2 eye surgeries with Dr Hu for cataract removal both surgeries were an astounding Success!!!!!! I decided to go with the new Symfony lenses and they are better than I could have expected iam seeing at 20/20 vision one day after surgery .. the new lenses are worth it because I no longer need to wear eye glasses nor contacts l would highly recommend anyone who is going to decide to have cataract surgery to get these Symphony lenses..
in Mckinney, TX |
My mother Carolyn Hibler got lasik surgery and crystal lenses from Dr. Hu and she was satisfied with the results.
He was thorough and explained everything clearly. very friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging ,He’s done surgery for my husband as well as regular check-ups for me. He and his team worked quickly and efficiently,I cannot say enough good things about Dr. G. He is probably one of the best doctors I've ever seen.
in Weatherford,tx |
Dr. Hu did my cataract surgery and I got crystalens. My vision was great no complaints. Great staff. Carolyn McCloud
in Theophylline Club, TX |
Dr Hu has done cataract surgery on my wife. He is an excellent surgeon. I also see Dr Cox she is everything and more you could ask for in a DR. Shahid Khan
in North Richland Hills, Tx |
I really like Dr. Hu he did cataract surgery on my father and he was just outstanding. The staff is amazing. Brenda Zapalik
Joshua, TX |
April was a great tech, she was very attentive and very thorough, she made sure to ask about my sugar levels and last A1C. Dr. Cox was very pleasant, very friendly they both made the visit relaxing.
in Euless, TX |
Dr. Hu is extremely professional. He followed up with me after all my surgerys. I had LASIK done with him and also my cataract surgury. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hu in fact he did my wife's eyes too and she had great results with that.
Crowley, TX |
Dr. Hu has performed several procedures on my eyes and I am always pleased with the outcome.
in Mineral wells, tx |
Dr. Hu was great he took out my cataracts and now I see better than I have in 20 years! Great staff! Great Dr! 5 stars from me! Gary Moseley
in Arlington, TX |
Having cataract surgery with Dr. Hu was the best thing I have ever done. Don't afraid it's so simple and easy. Plus Dr. Hu explains everything to you where you can actually understand the process. Debra Devoe
in Fort Worth,Tx |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Hu yesterday. Everything went smoothly and as planned. Dr. Hu explained everything to me in detail before going into surgery. Minh Nguyen
in Keller, Tx |
Dr. Hu is a very professional Cataract surgeon. He preformed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. I was recommended by a friend that has used him for many years. I got great results. Staff is superb, caring and knowledgeable & all questions answered! Belinda Smith
Have you seen Dr. Jerry Hu, MD?

Visit Dr. Hu

Health Alliance
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio