Dr. Gajendra Singh, MD

Dr. Gajendra Singh, MD

Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery | Male

Forsyth Surgical Associates 3001 Maplewood Ave Winston Salem, NC 27103 Get Directions

I like to treat my patients as I would do to my own family.

Dr. Singh was trained as a General surgeon in India and a general and liver transplant surgeon in the USA. He has been practicing in the Winston Salem area since 2011. He has special interest and expertise in cancer surgery including liver, pancreas, biliary system and gastrointestinal tract. He also has special interest and expertise in complex and difficult laparoscopic surgeries. Currently he performs some of the very difficult and complex cases in Winston Salem, Piedmont Triad area in North Carolina. Besides cancer surgery and surgery for the liver, pancreas and biliary system, he also performs general surgery including surgery on stomach, gall bladder, hernia, small and large intestine, colon cancer, Adrenals, spleen and other endocrine organs. We believes in comprehensive care, great results, honest communication, and safest treatment possible. Dr. Singh has always kept highest standard of care for his patients. To help the patients with cancer, he provides priority consultation to all cancer patients every day.

Dr. Singh's Experience

See how Dr. Singh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Singh

Dr. Singh accepts 31 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Singh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Singh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Singh to family and friends
Dr. Singh's Performance
in Winston Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh treated my 21 yr. old grandson when his appendix ruptured, then 2 weeks later when he had a small bowel obstruction. He was on call the day we went to the ER and we feel very blessed that he was! He removed the ruptured appendix, and treated the ugly peritonitis that resulted from it. Two weeks later, on the weekend, I called the on call operator 3 times with concerns and each time Dr. Singh returned my calls. My grandson was admitted and again Dr. Singh was great! Highly recommend
Clemmons, NC |
Dr. Singh performed an emergency appendectomy on me March 5th. Sunday morning when normally I would be in worship service, I'm on the operating table. The surgery was the easiest I have ever had and I have had several over the years. Released the same day, I went home to a normal Sunday afternoon. There were NO post op complications. If needed, I will seek his services again!
in Winston-Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh was consistently helpful and did a great job of explaining what he thought we needed to do and why he thought so. He was very knowledgeable. He ultimately saw me through a dangerous attack of pancreatitis and two surgeries. I recommend him highly.
in Wilkesboro, NC |
Dr. Singh performed a colon resection surgery on me and did a wonderful job. I wore an ostomy bag for 4 months and have fully recovered. He's an outstanding doctor and I highly recommend him for general surgery.
in King, NC |
Dr Singh is a wonderful wonderful doctor. Iwas having lots of stomach problems for almost 2years. Once I seen Dr Singh, he explained what needed to be done which washaving part of my stomach removed. He explained everything about the the surgery, the problems I couldhave and some that he knew I wouldhave. I had surgey on the 28th of Sept and no problems. The only bad part was 2 weeks in the hospital. THANK YOU DR.SINGH FOR EVERYTHING.
in Clemmons, NC |
If you are looking for a Surgeon who has great bed side manners, who treats you like his own loving family, who makes you feel like your personal concerns are important and matters, who really listens and gives you the honest facts about your health, who treats you like you are his only patient by spending quality time with you, don't make you wait a long time in the waiting room for your appointments and who is an excellent skillful and knowledgeable doctor, then you want Dr. Gajendra Singh
in Winston Salem, NC |
i recommend with the Dr. Singh one will have the best.
in Yadkinville, NC |
Dr Singh did my surgery I would recommend him highly a great surgeon . I give him five stars or more.
in Winston Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh truly has a wonderful bedside manner. He patiently answers any and all questions truthfully. He has been one of the best surgeons I've ever had take care of me and I'm truly greatful for him.
in Winston Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh was very professional and took his time to meet with me before and after my surgery to answer all of our questions. Dr. Singh and his staff were great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Kernersville, NC |
Very professional, offered complete information before surgery as well as follow up after surgery. Took time to explain the procedure from beginning to end. Thoroughly answered all questions.
in Lewisville,NC |
I was admitted to Forsyth Medical center for a gallbladder attack. Pain was very severe. Dr Singh came in and reviewed my history of surgeries. He immediately scheduled me for emergency surgery. He was very kind and considerate and took the time to listen to my concerns and was top notch in my care. Thanks for your help in this matter. I am now doing fine.
in Winston-Salem, NC |
Dr. Sign was so patient and understanding with me. I needed a colostomy bag, and was scared to death. He reassured me everything would be alright. Six months later he did my reversal. He did an excellent job with me. I've never meet a doctor more compassionate and kind, than him. I highly recommend him as a surgeon. I am well pleased, and satisfied with his care. I can't say that about every doctor I've seen.
in Pfafftown, NC |
I made an unplanned visit to the Forsyth Hospital Emergency Room and Dr Signh performed surgery and had me feeling like new within 12 hours of my entry to the ER. Very quick and precise.
in Walnut Cove, NC |
LISTENS TO YOU AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING CLEARLY. I REALLY LIKED HIM! I RECOMMEND HIM.
in Winston-Salem, NC |
I found Dr. Singh... Friendly, clear, concise , and thorough from the beginning to end of my treatment.
in Winston Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh is very a very knowledgable surgeon. He is caring and easy to talk to with his patients. I would high recommend his to anyone.
in King, NC |
I came into the ER with a severe case of diverticulitis, Dr. Singh stepped in and helped me with my health issues I was experiencing. Over the next several months we stayed in contact until i was healthy enough for surgery. Surgery went smooth and scars were as minimal as they could be. He is a very caring and compassionate doctor and I would highly recommend him
in Midway, NC |
One of the best experiences I have ever had with a physician. Top notch staff also!
in Winston Salem NC |
Had emergency hernia surgery at Forsyth hospital, Dr. Singh made me feel comfortable through the whole process as well as recovery after returning home. Remarkable bedside manner , I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
in Winston Salem, NC |
Excellent Physician. Very knowledgeable, compassionate and sincere.
in Winston Salem, NC |
He was pleasant and explained everything very clearly.
in Winston Salem, NC |
Dr. Singh and his PA were amazing!!!!! I came to them with appendicitis and they acted quickly and helped to calm my nerves. I was in surgery a few hours later. They were very informative and answered all of my questions. 2 weeks later and my incisions are healed. An overall great experience. I would definitely recommend this doctor!!!
in Denton, NC |
Met Dr Singh in the ER when i had a strangulated colon. I was told by another ER doctor that, I may not make it through the night. With good luck and Dr Singh's skills, I'm still here today. I told him that I owe him my life!! This happened 3 years ago. I think he is one of the finest doctors that I have ever met!!!! Compassionate, thoughtful and so much more.
Pfafftown, NC |
Kind and compassionate.
Have you seen Dr. Gajendra Singh, MD?
Are you Dr. Singh?

Compare Dr. Singh

Dr. Singh's Care Philosophy

I like to treat my patients as I would do to my own family.

Dr. Singh says...

My main interest and expertise is to do Liver, pancreatic and GI cancer surgery. I do most of the general surgery including but not limited to gallbladder, hernia, stomach, colon, small intestine, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenals etc.

For details please visit my website.

Surgeries

Whipple Procedure  for pancreatic cancer

Pancreatectomy - laparoscopic and open

Spleen preserving laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy

Laparoscopic Pseudo cyst drainage/ lap pancreatic cyst gastrostomy

Pancreatic necrosectomy, Puestow procedure

Pancreatic abscess drainage

Liver resection - laparoscopic and open

Laparoscopic resection, Microwave ablation

Liver resection, Bile duct reconstruction

Bile duct resection and reconstruction

Bile duct reconstruction

Choledochal cyst resection

Laparoscopic Gall bladder removal

Laparoscopic and open gall bladder surgery

Gastrectomy - Laparoscopic and open

Laparoscopic and open resection neuroendocrine tumor

Laparoscopic and open anti-reflux surgery - Nissen

Laparoscopic and open resection GIST

Laparoscopic and open resection

Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy

Laparoscopic splenectomy

Laparoscopic resection Duodenal Duplication cyst

Laparoscopic and open colon resection

intra-operative ultrasound

Thyroid and parathyroid resection

Dr. Singh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Familial Pancreatic Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cystic Lesions
  • Pancreatic Disease
  • Pancreatic Islet Cell Cancer
  • Pancreatic Islet Cell Tumors (Functioning Tumor)
  • Pancreatic Non-Functioning Islet Cell Tumor

Completed in 2006

University of Rochester

Completed in 2007

• Hindi

Dr. Singh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Singh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery

• Liver Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Open Tumor Ablation, Liver
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pancreatic Surgery