Dr. Gail Dubinsky, MD

Dr. Gail Dubinsky, MD

Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine | Female

Orthopedic Medicine 1205 Gravenstein Hwy S Sebastopol, CA 95472 Get Directions

The "whole person centered" approach is thoroughly engrained in me from my family practice years, and I always address life style factors including nutrition, exercise and stress management to support healing of orthopedic and musculoskeletal injuries.

The authentic connection between myself and the person in my treatment room is my greatest joy.

Are you looking for alternatives to drugs and surgery, and a health practitioner who actually listens, touches you, explains your condition or diagnosis, and considers the whole person behind your pain or injury? I bring my decades of training and experience in integrating "alternative" and conventional medicine to evaluation and treatment, including osteopathic manual therapy, case management, and coordinating with other practitioners as needed in an individualized treatment plan. I embarked on the study of medicine with the vision of being the ultimate family doctor who would provide "holistic" treatment "from cradle to grave". After a few years of private practice, I realized my real passion was helping people rehabilitate from soft tissue injuries such as back and neck pain, extremity injuries, or nerve injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, not just physically, but also in mind and spirit. Having suffered my own injuries from car and other accidents and benefited so much from "alternative therapies" such as manual therapy, acupuncture, and yoga, I have made it my life's work to guide patients through a rehabilitation process that includes so much more than just drugs, surgery, and "living with it" that standard allopathic AMA medicine offers.

Dr. Dubinsky's Experience

See how Dr. Dubinsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dubinsky

Dr. Dubinsky's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Dubinsky?

Compare Dr. Dubinsky

Dr. Dubinsky says...

I embarked on the study of medicine with the vision of being the ultimate family doctor who would provide "holistic" treatment "from cradle to grave". After a few years of private practice, I realized my real passion was helping people rehabilitate from soft tissue injuries such as back and neck pain, extremity injuries, or nerve injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, not just physically, but also in mind and spirit. Having suffered my own injuries from car and other accidents and benefited so much from "alternative therapies" such as manual therapy, acupuncture, and yoga, I have made it my life's work to guide patients through a rehabilitation process that includes so much more than just drugs, surgery, and "living with it" that standard allopathic AMA medicine offers.

Dr. Dubinsky's Care Philosophy

Dr. Dubinsky says...

After completing a rigorous rotating internship at San Francisco General Hospital, I was burned out and dissatisfied with the hospital learning environment, and did not complete a residency program. Instead, I embarked on an ongoing continuing education program since 1980 in topics that were relevant for my chosen niche practice in neuro-orthopedic injuries, frequently taught by expert physical therapists and osteopaths in the subjects of orthopedic medicine, repetitive strain injuries, and manual therapy techniques. For more details, please see my website under "selected curriculum vitae"

Dr. Dubinsky says...

An insatiable life long learner, I pursue ongoing continuing education and course work, currently primarily in Stain Counterstrain and Zero Balancing, two osteopathic techniques that delve deeply into the core sources of dysfunction and held tension and energy in the body structure. After 24 years of teaching yoga classes, I no longer do so (other than occasionally substituting for my teacher) but continue to offer one on one consultations re yoga practice modification for injury and musculoskeletal or other medical conditions

Dr. Dubinsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Motor Vehicle Accident

San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center

Completed in 1980

University Of California At San Diego

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Dubinsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dubinsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Integrated Yoga Therapy
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Physical Examination