Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD

Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 45

Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD. He is affiliated with medical facilities Reston Hospital Center and The George Washington University Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moawad to book an appointment.

Center for Endometriosis & Advanced Pelvic Surgery

Center for Endometriosis & Advanced Pelvic Surgery5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 711 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Center for Endometriosis and Advanced Pelvic Surgery6801 Whittier Ave Ste 301 McLean, VA 22101

• Practices at Top Hospital Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Moawad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moawad

Dr. Moawad?
  • Listened & answered questions (58)
  • Explained conditions well (57)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (57)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
I met Dr. Moawad in December 2020 after I did a Google search for a new doctor. I had an issue with my insurance and his office manager Josephine assured me that they will work with me and help me with my issue. During the first visit, he was able to predict my medical issue with just a pelvic exam and it was later confirmed by MRI. I was amazed at how knowledgeable he was and he even explained things differently than any other doctor I’ve met. Within 2 weeks of my first appointment I was scheduled for my hysterectomy and freed from my ailments. I will forever be grateful for him renewing my life and will recommend him to everyone. He is worth every dime.
Erin – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr Gaby has taken such great care of me every step of the way. Prior to surgery, I had a lot of questions and he made sure to go over every single one of them, staying on the phone with me for over an hour. It completely put me at ease and I went into surgery feeling very calm and confident. Since the surgery, he has been available basically around the clock to answer any other questions or concerns I have had regarding the healing process. He is hands down the best doctor I have ever had in my life and I am so, so glad to have found him. He truly cares about his patients.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is an amazing surgeon and caring doctor. If you have, or even remotely suspect you could have endometriosis you should schedule a consult with him immediately. I'm almost 4 weeks post op with him and I already can feel the difference. He is thoughtful, kind, and one of a few small handful of true experts with the skill needed to handle excision safely and effectively. The appointment scheduling process was easy, everyone was lovely and being able to text with questions was so convenient! I'm ready to start off 2021 with new hope all thanks to Dr. Moawad and the team at CEAPS.
A.N. – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Gaby Moawad is an incredible doctor. He asked me questions no other doctor ever has to get to the root of my pain. He explains everything on detail but without overwhelming you. Pre-op, you feel extremely comfortable and safe knowing he's taking care of you and that he's vetted other specialists if needed. He truly makes you feel like his only patient at the time and continues to check in after surgery and not just write you off. Even his office manager Josephine checked in on me, she's the nicest woman. I traveled cross country and during the pandemic to see him, I would do it again if I had to but I don't because I know this painful part of life is over for me. 100% recommend my closest family to see him.
Maria Comstock – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is one of the best doctors I have seen. I told him that I was there for a second opinion due to recently been told that I would need invasive surgery and be out of work for 4-6 weeks due to uterine fibroids and he was shocked that anyone would do that for my condition. He is so thorough, honest, knowledgeable, and funny (sarcastic and very real), which put me at ease. He answered all of my questions (and I had a ton of them) and he explained things very clearly. He had me get an MRI prior to surgery (which neither of the other doctors had requested) which was reassuring that he wanted to see the full picture. He worked with me to schedule my laparoscopic surgery so that I didn't have to miss my scheduled travel. I was out of work for only one week and have been recovering well. It has been one month and already the scars are very minimal due to his care. I would recommend Dr. Moawad to everyone.
Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad performed my surgery in April 2019. I sought him out specifically because of his area of expertise in uterine fibroids. My experience from the initial appointment in March 2019 through my final post-op follow-up in June 2019 was excellent. Dr. Moawad is highly professional and knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions with ease and added some levity with his sense of humor. At my pre-op appointment, my mother was with me and he answered all of her questions about what I’d need immediately following the surgery. My surgery went smoothly and I met my recovery milestones ahead of the original timeframe. My pain levels were never more than moderate during my recovery. The moderate pain levels usually occurred when I started incorporating more walking and stairclimbing in the early weeks (I likely overexerted myself a few times). And, my surgical incisions are barely noticeable. I highly recommend Dr. Moawad without any reservation!
KSO – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
He was too quick to operate. Using information from 2016 of. An Ultrasound for fibroids. Stated that My fibroids were a sized of watermelon . However my ultrasound from 6 months ago stated that it was 6 cm which is size of an orange. Also, I do not experience any pain or do not have heavy bleeding . His bedside manner needs tweaking and coaching. I did not feel comfortable with his professionally. Please advise anyone to get second opinion before trust this Dr. I I felt he was interested in the money and not the person
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Gaby Moawad was heaven sent and he gave me hope with positive outcome! I went to several other doctors regarding my health options and they all stated that Dr. Moawad is the best in the Washington DC metropolitan area; he’s the only one that could potentially resolve my issue. He definitely did with great success! Not only is he the best in the business, but he’s extremely knowledgeable, patient, understanding and provided the ultimate care. He also provided statistics to help calm my concerns and nerves. My family and I felt like we were in good hands the entire time. Thank you Dr. Moawad! You are literally a life-saver!
Racquel – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Moawad by my primary gynecologist. I had multiple large fibroids that were painful. I met with Dr. Moawad and discussed options and decided to move forward with laparoscopic myomectomy. Dr. Moawad and his team were very professional, helpful and took excellent care of me. I recovered from surgery with no complications and minimal pain. Dr. Moawad is an excellent and experienced surgeon and I highly recommend him.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is very professional, knowledgeable and passionate about his work. Prior to seeing him, I saw many doctors that weren't able to properly diagnosed me. It took Dr Moawad less than 5 minutes to diagnosed me based on all my symptoms. He provided me with all the information I needed to know and gave me options. He encouraged me to learn more about my illness by doing some reading. I had laparoscopic surgery and am know in my way to recovery. Appointment timeframe was quick too.
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I saw Dr. Moawad for fibroids this year. I knew going into it I would need a hysterectomy and I was really stressed. I hated how much pain I was in and how difficult things had become and I had been putting this off. My first visit with Dr. Moawad was very reassuring. He spent a lot of time going through my options and explaining my diagnosis. It's obvious after meeting with him that he is passionate about what he does and cares about his patients and giving them a better quality of life.
Molly Allen in Washington , DC – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Moawad. I recently had a robotic assisted laparoscopic total hysterectomy. Dr. Moawad accommodated a first visit with me soon after receiving a referral from my doctor. At each appointment the staff was very friendly and courteous, and I was seen immediately. Dr. Moawad carefully explained the procedure and pre- and post-operative expectations. Following the procedure, I experienced minimal discomfort for a day or two, and felt nearly back-to-normal by day 3
Liz F. in Bethesda, MD – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I had a minimally invasive myomectomy June 1, 2018. I am in the health field and I had a list of questions. Dr. Moawad is knowledgeable and confident. I researched the expectations. I needed to know that he will be able to minimize intra uterine scarring and adhesion's. You want great surgeon, period, A plus if they are warm and fuzzy but not a requirement for me! I chose him after 3 to 4 consults. It was my first surgery and I did not think my scars would form keloid tissue, but they did
Wanjiru in Washington, DC – Apr 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I am 20 days post op from a robotic assisted minimally invasive Myomectomy. I am completely impressed with Dr. Moawad. His level of expertise and bedside manner is unrivaled. I would recommend him to friends and family without question. My expectations were exceeded by how minimal my scars are especially because I had such large fibroids. I am very thankful to him and his team for their level of competence and professionalism. (I was back in the office after only 8 days.)
Tamia in Washington – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I suffered for many years once I hit 40 with my period (heavy bleeding, constant cramping, and general pain in my pelvis) and I scheduled an appointment for a uterine biopsy at the urging of my gynecologist and that's when I met Dr. Moawad. He did a hysterectomy using the Di Vinci robot on 2/1/2018 and my recovery was amazing. I cannot recommend him enough! Extremely professional yet compassionate at the same time. If you are looking for the best look no further than Dr. Gaby Moawad.
Kelly Ort in Arlington – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
After my excellent experience with Dr. Moawad, I felt inclined to let others know about him. From the initial meeting and diagnosis through the surgery, I felt complete confidence in him. I've had several major (non-gyno) surgeries and while I've liked those surgeons, I can't say that I've felt the same level of compassion that I did with Dr. Moawad. And now that I am symptom free, I feel all the more grateful for his skillful work. I recommend him without reservation.
Kelly in Hyattsville – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I was referred to him by my Gyno for a myomectomy procedure. I had a significant amount of fibroids that my gyno felt that i needed a more experienced surgeon to remove them. I had a robotic assist myomectomy on 01/05/18 with 4 small scars (the largest in my belly bottom). I must say that i feel great even though I’m a little over a week post op. He managed to remove all 13 of my fibroids. I was forewarned about his bedside manner but i thought he was great, and he is very professional.
Nardia – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is excellent. I needed surgery for a cyst and severe endometriosis. The DaVinci technology is absolutely stunning. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago.....the medical advances are phenomenal. Dr. M has strong experience in the robotic surgery specifically for endometriosis. Very complex surgery, but fortunately I was in the right hands. In four days I was back at work. Great bedside manner, scheduled surgery in 2 days. He called me himself to checkin post-op.
Washington, DC – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is an excellent doctor.
Washington, DC – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I waited in the exam room alone for about half an hour before a nurse came in. I didn't see Dr. Moawad until a full hour after my appointment time. He was very curt and rushed. He was agitated and I could tell he just wanted to see the next patient and spent very little time with me. He was annoyed about answering any questions I had and when I asked for a pelvic exam, he was very reluctant then aggressive. I left feeling stunned and violated. Poor excuse of a doctor.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Washington, DC – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moawad?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Moawad's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Moawad's Top Procedures and Conditions

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Dr. Moawad treats Abnormal Uterine Bleeding more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Moawad treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Moawad treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Moawad treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colpopexy
  • Dermoid Cyst
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Hepatitis B Virus Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Mammography
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorders
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Moawad accepts

Dr. Moawad accepts the following insurance:

Select
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

At CEAPS, we empower people through information, education and support.

Around the world, many people experience debilitating pain and uncertainty...

As a board-certified gynecological surgeon, Dr. Gaby Moawad, the founder of CEAPS, brings a new unique approach to patients with his expertise and dedication. Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology