Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD

Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 46

Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Leesburg, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Reston Hospital Center and The George Washington University Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Center for Endometriosis & Advanced Pelvic Surgery

Center for Endometriosis & Advanced Pelvic Surgery19450 Deerfield Ave Leesburg, VA 20176

• Practices at Top Hospital Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Clean Hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. See hospitals

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Reston Hospital Center

Dr. Moawad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moawad

Dr. Moawad

No more pain!
I struggled with a variety of gynecological (and seemingly non-gynecological) pain for over ten years. I visited a variety of specialists and even had my gallbladder removed. No medication, therapy, or surgery helped my symptoms. Given this, I was made to feel that my pain was either ‘in my head’ or something that I would just have to ‘live with’. After my first consultation with Dr. Gaby, however, I felt heard and validated. I had a hysterectomy two weeks ago and the hip and intestinal pain I have experienced for years is GONE! Everyone is the office is helpful, kind, and supportive. It was a fantastic experience.
Feb 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
SO many reasons for this review. -The outcome of my surgery was NOT what we discussed prior to surgery. There was some endometriosis left behind so I continue to have issues I had prior to surgery. I also have new issues since the surgery. -He left for the day after my surgery & never came to talk to me. He also never went out to speak with my husband either. We had no idea how the surgery went or what was done. The staff had no information to give us either. He later lied & said he tried to call my husband right after surgery which he didn't. -I developed a DVT (blood clot) in my arm 48 hours after surgery. I had tests & saw specialists but they found no reason for the clot. The consensus was that something during surgery caused it. -He wanted nothing to do with me after my 4 week post-op appt even though I was still having issues. Ignored my calls & brushed me off. Told me to see another doctor. -He became defensive & spoke down to me when I told him I was unhappy w/the outcome.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I am four months post endometriosis excision surgery with Dr Moawad and I could not be happier with my decision to go ahead with the surgery. I have had bad and very painful periods for the past 15 years and was always ignored by my healthcare providers when I complained. I was told it was normal and all in my head. My symptoms kept getting worse, so after a lot of research, I found Dr. Moawad. Since my first appointment with him, I felt heard and validated. He asked a lot of questions, did a pelvic exam and predicted I had Endometriosis. He then requested an MRI (which confirmed the endo), and we scheduled the surgery. The surgery went very well and my recovery was not bad at all. It felt great knowing that he removed all my endometriosis and my symptoms are significantly better since then. Thank you Dr Moawad and the CEAPS team for such a seamless experience. Getting surgery can be overwhelming but your care and compassion made it a lot easier! I can’t recommend the CEAPS team enough
Juliette Bachalany – Nov 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I am now 6 months post op surgery with Dr. Moawad. My surgery was robotically assisted which makes the surgery less invasive. I could not be happier with my choice in putting all my trust in him. I had never had a surgery prior to this one so I was absolutely terrified. Dr. Moawad put me at ease from our first appointment which was an hour long. He really got to know my story and my symptoms. 2 weeks after my first appointment I had my surgery and my symptoms have turned from night to day and healing was easy. His office always checks in on me even 6 months later. I would not hesitate for one moment to fly across the country to see him (thankfully I am local) he is hands down the most caring, trustful and intelligent Dr. I have ever had and he truly saved my life.
Samantha Topiah – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is an incredible doctor and a godsend for me. After previous endo specialists couldn’t help me, I had lost hope. He and his team took such good care of me and at about two months post op I feel better than I ever have. I will recommend him to anyone, any day. He’s not only very skilled, but very knowledgeable with an excellent bedside manor. I am very happy to have found him and will continue to see him for my endometriosis as long as I need to.
Elizabeth – Sep 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is a brilliant surgeon; extremely knowledgable, remarkably skilled and super caring. I cannot even express how grateful I am to have been referred to him! I needed to get hysterectomy done and most surgeons advised me that it could not be done in a minimally invasive manner - due to size and difficulty of surgery in my case. After lots of research, Dr. Moawad was recommended by many. My consult visit was very detailed. He took his time and explained every single detail. His staff are extremely helpful to arrange the following steps: i.e. imaging appointments and hospital arrangements, etc. My surgery was done utilizing da Vinci robot, in a least invasive manner. My recovery time was fast and painless, it was truly beyond my imagination! As a health care provider myself, I feel obligated to share my experience to help others to get the best possible treatment done with utmost outcomes.
Azin G. – Aug 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Do you need reassurance? Do you need your pain explained and healed? Dr. Moawad is just the person! I cannot begin to thank him for my new life. My endometriosis came back and after an ablation surgery in May, it only got worse. Dr. Moawad was able to diagnose a much more severe form of endometriosis within minutes of the exam and scheduled a surgery right away. If I hadn't, I might have lost a kidney and wouldn't have known. I cannot imagine the complications that could've come from this. His bedside manner is wonderful, our appointment lasted an hour--surprising as it was scheduled for 4:30, unheard of with many doctors, he thoroughly explained everything pre and post-op, and has given me my life back. HE HAS GIVEN ME MY LIFE BACK! Yes it is quite expensive, but after seeing other specialists who had no answers, it was what we had already spent, so save the money and see him first. It was worth getting my life and healthy future back, and I am me again! I cannot recommend him enough!
Jennifer L – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
The visit went well, the Dr. took as much time as I needed and did a pelvic exam. After the appointment, the receptionist said I owed a large amount (around $800 I think). I had a referral from my insurance company and was shocked as I specifically asked prior to the Dr. seeing me if they took my insurance with the referral and was told yes. The receptionist explained to me that whomever scheduled my appointment should have told me I would be paying that large amount out of pocket at my first visit. She then explained that they had a turnover in staff recently and that the old office manager probably didn’t tell me. She agreed to bill my insurance and now I have to pay $640 for one office visit AFTER insurance! I never would have booked this appointment had I have known this ahead of time. This and the fact that they keep calling me to schedule a follow up appointment for what I don’t know. It seems the office is disorganized and for this reason I will not book my surgery with them.
Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I met Dr. Moawad in December 2020 after I did a Google search for a new doctor. I had an issue with my insurance and his office manager Josephine assured me that they will work with me and help me with my issue. During the first visit, he was able to predict my medical issue with just a pelvic exam and it was later confirmed by MRI. I was amazed at how knowledgeable he was and he even explained things differently than any other doctor I’ve met. Within 2 weeks of my first appointment I was scheduled for my hysterectomy and freed from my ailments. I will forever be grateful for him renewing my life and will recommend him to everyone. He is worth every dime.
Erin – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr Gaby has taken such great care of me every step of the way. Prior to surgery, I had a lot of questions and he made sure to go over every single one of them, staying on the phone with me for over an hour. It completely put me at ease and I went into surgery feeling very calm and confident. Since the surgery, he has been available basically around the clock to answer any other questions or concerns I have had regarding the healing process. He is hands down the best doctor I have ever had in my life and I am so, so glad to have found him. He truly cares about his patients.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is an amazing surgeon and caring doctor. If you have, or even remotely suspect you could have endometriosis you should schedule a consult with him immediately. I'm almost 4 weeks post op with him and I already can feel the difference. He is thoughtful, kind, and one of a few small handful of true experts with the skill needed to handle excision safely and effectively. The appointment scheduling process was easy, everyone was lovely and being able to text with questions was so convenient! I'm ready to start off 2021 with new hope all thanks to Dr. Moawad and the team at CEAPS.
A.N. – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Gaby Moawad is an incredible doctor. He asked me questions no other doctor ever has to get to the root of my pain. He explains everything on detail but without overwhelming you. Pre-op, you feel extremely comfortable and safe knowing he's taking care of you and that he's vetted other specialists if needed. He truly makes you feel like his only patient at the time and continues to check in after surgery and not just write you off. Even his office manager Josephine checked in on me, she's the nicest woman. I traveled cross country and during the pandemic to see him, I would do it again if I had to but I don't because I know this painful part of life is over for me. 100% recommend my closest family to see him.
Maria Comstock – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is one of the best doctors I have seen. I told him that I was there for a second opinion due to recently been told that I would need invasive surgery and be out of work for 4-6 weeks due to uterine fibroids and he was shocked that anyone would do that for my condition. He is so thorough, honest, knowledgeable, and funny (sarcastic and very real), which put me at ease. He answered all of my questions (and I had a ton of them) and he explained things very clearly. He had me get an MRI prior to surgery (which neither of the other doctors had requested) which was reassuring that he wanted to see the full picture. He worked with me to schedule my laparoscopic surgery so that I didn't have to miss my scheduled travel. I was out of work for only one week and have been recovering well. It has been one month and already the scars are very minimal due to his care. I would recommend Dr. Moawad to everyone.
Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad performed my surgery in April 2019. I sought him out specifically because of his area of expertise in uterine fibroids. My experience from the initial appointment in March 2019 through my final post-op follow-up in June 2019 was excellent. Dr. Moawad is highly professional and knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions with ease and added some levity with his sense of humor. At my pre-op appointment, my mother was with me and he answered all of her questions about what I’d need immediately following the surgery. My surgery went smoothly and I met my recovery milestones ahead of the original timeframe. My pain levels were never more than moderate during my recovery. The moderate pain levels usually occurred when I started incorporating more walking and stairclimbing in the early weeks (I likely overexerted myself a few times). And, my surgical incisions are barely noticeable. I highly recommend Dr. Moawad without any reservation!
KSO – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
He was too quick to operate. Using information from 2016 of. An Ultrasound for fibroids. Stated that My fibroids were a sized of watermelon . However my ultrasound from 6 months ago stated that it was 6 cm which is size of an orange. Also, I do not experience any pain or do not have heavy bleeding . His bedside manner needs tweaking and coaching. I did not feel comfortable with his professionally. Please advise anyone to get second opinion before trust this Dr. I I felt he was interested in the money and not the person
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Gaby Moawad was heaven sent and he gave me hope with positive outcome! I went to several other doctors regarding my health options and they all stated that Dr. Moawad is the best in the Washington DC metropolitan area; he’s the only one that could potentially resolve my issue. He definitely did with great success! Not only is he the best in the business, but he’s extremely knowledgeable, patient, understanding and provided the ultimate care. He also provided statistics to help calm my concerns and nerves. My family and I felt like we were in good hands the entire time. Thank you Dr. Moawad! You are literally a life-saver!
Racquel – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Moawad by my primary gynecologist. I had multiple large fibroids that were painful. I met with Dr. Moawad and discussed options and decided to move forward with laparoscopic myomectomy. Dr. Moawad and his team were very professional, helpful and took excellent care of me. I recovered from surgery with no complications and minimal pain. Dr. Moawad is an excellent and experienced surgeon and I highly recommend him.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
Dr. Moawad is very professional, knowledgeable and passionate about his work. Prior to seeing him, I saw many doctors that weren't able to properly diagnosed me. It took Dr Moawad less than 5 minutes to diagnosed me based on all my symptoms. He provided me with all the information I needed to know and gave me options. He encouraged me to learn more about my illness by doing some reading. I had laparoscopic surgery and am know in my way to recovery. Appointment timeframe was quick too.
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I saw Dr. Moawad for fibroids this year. I knew going into it I would need a hysterectomy and I was really stressed. I hated how much pain I was in and how difficult things had become and I had been putting this off. My first visit with Dr. Moawad was very reassuring. He spent a lot of time going through my options and explaining my diagnosis. It's obvious after meeting with him that he is passionate about what he does and cares about his patients and giving them a better quality of life.
Molly Allen in Washington , DC – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Moawad. I recently had a robotic assisted laparoscopic total hysterectomy. Dr. Moawad accommodated a first visit with me soon after receiving a referral from my doctor. At each appointment the staff was very friendly and courteous, and I was seen immediately. Dr. Moawad carefully explained the procedure and pre- and post-operative expectations. Following the procedure, I experienced minimal discomfort for a day or two, and felt nearly back-to-normal by day 3
Liz F. in Bethesda, MD – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gaby Moawad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moawad?