Dr. Gabriel Sara, MD

Dr. Gabriel Sara, MD

Oncology | Male

Giving a listening ear to my patients is my most precious source of clinical information.

Dr. Gabriel Sara, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Sara is affiliated with Roosevelt Hospital and Saint Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.

Dr. Sara's Experience

See how Dr. Sara's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sara

Dr. Sara accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sara has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sara's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sara to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Sara's Performance
    bronx, ny |
    Loved to see my Doctor in the New York Magazine Best Doctors issue. I have a stage IV cancer and I have been with Dr. Sara for 3 years. Dr. Sara treats me as a whole person. He does not treat only my cancer. He picks the best choices of drugs to keep my cancer under control and maintain my dignity and my quality of life. He gives me time and listens to me. He cares and loves his patients. His assistant is amazing and we love her. I highly recommend him.
    New Jersey |
    Dr. Sara treated my wife for 6 years after she was diagnosed with stage- 4 breast cancer. He is truly an extraordinary physician with skills that match his compassion. At our 1st appointment, he gently advised that there was no cure, but assured us that he would pursue a variety of treatment options that for the most part would maintain a good quality of life. He set her on a course of different therapies that sustained her life and, at his encouragement, allowed us to travel extensively.
    New York ny |
    I saw Dr. Sara for the first time today. I was impressed with his knowledge and superior ability to communicate. I would highly recommend him as a doctor. I rarely leave reviews but my visit warranted this review.
    in Maspeth, NY |
    There is no one better than Dr. Sara! I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. I sat with my family and cried and then he sat down and talked with me and I listened to every word! Dr. Sara has something you cannot learn from a book or a lecture in medical school. He has the ability to connect with you as a patient and understand how you feel and he listens to you. He is an amazing human being and I am doing wonderful!
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Sara has been a wonderful support for me all these years. He is extremely supportive, always readily available, genuinely caring, and encouraging. He really listens, and remembers what we discussed from one visit to the other. I'm just very thankful to have him on my side.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Think of all the attributes you would wish for in a physician and you would be describing Dr. Sara. Knowledgeable and current in his field, compassionate, totally available to his patient, willing to listen and discover all your needs and contagiously optimistic. It was my good fortune to come across this outstanding professional and his caring, committed staff. They have guided and supported me through some challenging times. To sustain this level of humanity in the field of oncology, amazing
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Sara has been my physician for a few years since my melanoma diagnosis. HE is AMAZING, caring and incredibly knowledgeable. He is one of those physicians you don't find anymore. I would put ANY of my family members in his hands, you don't find doctors like him anymore
    Have you seen Dr. Gabriel Sara, MD?
    Are you Dr. Sara?

Dr. Sara's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sara's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oncology
    •  Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Oncology

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sara's Board Certifications

• Hematology
    • Medical Oncology
    • Oncology

• Breast Cancer
    • Chronic Leukemia
    • Colorectal Cancer
    • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
    • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
    • Hodgkin's Disease

Completed in 1986

The Jesuits High School & College Of Jamhour

Graduated in 1972

• French

Dr. Sara does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sara and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oncology