Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Dr. Boettner

Friedrich Boettner, MD

541 E 71st St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, hip & knee orthopedics, and more.

Dr. Boettner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Boettner

Dr. Boettner?
Dr. Boettner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD
Excellent!
Dr. C. Urvater – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr Boettner is an exemplary physician. He is incredibly knowledgeable, and cares about his patients. He is truly world class!
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Excellent surgeon. Dr. Boettner is a thorough and caring doctor with a great support team. So glad I chose Dr. Boettner to do my hip replacement surgery. He came highly recommended by friends and they were right.
Rose Hyman – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr. Boettner and his staff are a model of what healthcare should be. Knowledgeable, professional , caring and friendly. Within 2 weeks of hip replacement surgery , I was very mobile and at 5 weeks on public transportation. Amazing results ! Thank you Dr Boettner.
Dexter Mojica – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
I am happy I have found Dr. Boettner! He takes his time and listens to all of my concerns. He works hard to find an agreeable plan of care. I highly recommend him.
Anne Geoghegan – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
I recommend Dr Boettner without any hesitation. He treated me for very bad arthritis in my knee. He was very respectful and understanding of my situation. He was conservative at first and helped me stay active in martial arts for two years so I could achieve a major goal. Then he did a total knee replacement which has been a miracle. I'm pain free and still doing martial arts. He's a great doctor.
Ed Mechmann – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
In 2019 I went to Dr. Boettner for both a total hip replacement and a total knee replacement. I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Boettner is at the top of his game and really knows his stuff. His diagnosis and recommended course of recovery was spot on and now I feel like a new person. His staff is very helpful and everything was seamless from start to finish.
Jamie – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr boettner performed a total left hip replacement in December. Thank you so much for giving me a pain free life again! I can’t recommend him more highly, he is unbelievable!!!
Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr Boettner performed a resurfaced hip operation on me 5 1/2 years ago. After 24hour I was done with all antibiotics, anti inflammatory and painkillers. I felt no pain . In one month I was swimming 2 miles, In 6 weeks I was cross country skiing 11 miles. Thank you Dr .Boettner and PA. Michele for giving me my life back . Paul Alfano , Springfield N.J.
Paul Alfano in Springfield – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr. Boettner performed a successful hip resurfacing on me a bit over 8 years ago and I've been back to see him yearly for check-ups on both the resurfaced and natural hips. Aside from his thorough knowledge of treatments for osteoarthritis, what impressed me most about Dr. Boettner was his willingness to listen to my concerns, helping me arrive at treatment decisions based on my key concerns without forcing me into a particular approach to treatment. The hip resurfacing operation couldn't have gone any better and recovery was a quick as anyone could expect. I'm happy to still be going strong after 8 years without any issues. Even with my yearly check-ups, Dr. Boettner is thorough in his review and addressing any concerns I may have. I couldn't recommend Dr. Boettner more highly.
Rob Z – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
I had a hip replacement by him. He is unbelievable I can not write enough about him. All my pains are gone because of his surgery
lusi caparyan – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Competent but my surgery was not as successful as expected. Extreme delays in waiting room before virtually all office visits. One Hour or More Was Typical.
Oct 07, 2019
I am sorry your experience was not as expected....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr. Boettner was very understanding and supportive not only during my hip replacement surgery but before and after as well. Both he and the staff at HSS made my entire experience seamless. I feel like I got my life back. Thank you, Dr. Boettner and the team!
Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Four years ago I had an anterior hip replacement on my left side. It was amazing how quickly I recovered. It was great to be pain free and walk as though I never even had a hip replaced. Dr. Boettner is a very gifted surgeon. I was so pleased with the outcome that I just had my right hip replaced by Dr. Boettner in June of this year. All my questions were answered prior to the both procedures and I felt very confident with Dr. Boettner as my surgeon. After the surgery, Michelle the Physician Assistant, was always available to answer any new questions that came up. Thank you Dr. Boettner, Michelle, and office staff for successfully guiding me through these procedures, you are the best!!
Michele Aretz – Aug 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr. Boettner did an excellent job replacing my knee. I'm not going to sugar coat it, a TKR is very painful. Though people have different experiences of pain. I don't have a high tolerance for pain. I thought he was a hard on me the second day, but Michelle, his PA is understanding and thorough. They both checked on me everyday. Most importantly my new knee works so well. It moves well and bends with ease. My leg is very straight. And the scar is barely noticeable. I had my right knee done by another surgeon 3 years ago. It's good. It's strong. But the difference between the two knee is marked. If I were to need another orthopedic surgery, I would have Dr. Boettner work on it in a heartbeat. It did take a long time to get my first appointment to evaluate me. But after that, wait times for appointments and x-rays were not long.
Susan Schultz in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
He did my right hip almost 4 years ago. Absolutely wonderful with 100% recovery. Still going strong, Thank You, God, & Dr. Boettner!!
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
I recently had a Total Hip Replacement done by Dr. Boettner at Hospital for Special Surgery In NYC . I feel extremely fortunate that Dr. Boettner agreed to take my case and treat the arthritis in my right hip . When the time came to do a Total Hip Replacement Dr. Boettner listened to my concerns and we decided to do a mini posterior approach THR . My recovery has been ahead of schedule and allowed me to return to all normal activities totally pain free . I have also been able to return to light recreational activities absolutely pain free . Thanks to Dr. Boettner and all the folks at HSS I am definitely " Back in the Game " !
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr. Boettner replaced my hip and in doing so gave me back my life. He was courteous, caring, and competent. My recovery was extraordinary. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone needing this type of surgery. His professionalism and skill were apparent.
Rae Meyerson in NY – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Very professional, knowledgeable. Anterior hip replacement with minimal pain. Did not need pain medicine at home, Climbed stairs next day with physical therapist and was discharged. Presently walking daily (3/4 mile). Exellent surgeon.
Eileen Labora in Staten Island, NY – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
Dr Boettner is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. Not only is he a gifted surgeon and he also has a great bedside manner. My knee replacement scar is half the size of the typical scar and should fade so it is barely noticeable. My rheumatologist was amazed in how fast my knee healed. Although Dr. Boettner performs his surgeries in the city, he does have appointments conveniently in Westchester.
Lisa Slingerland in NC, NY – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Boettner?

Provider website: www.drboettner.com

Medical University of Rostock

• Russian
  • German

Dr. Boettner accepts

Dr. Boettner accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Preferred Blue PPO
Cigna POS
Connecticare
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

No malpractice claims found for New York

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency