Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD
Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Boettner is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery.

Dr. Boettner's Care Philosophy

Provider website: www.drboettner.com

Dr. Boettner's Experience

See how Dr. Boettner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Boettner

Dr. Boettner accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Boettner is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Boettner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Boettner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boettner to family and friends
    Dr. Boettner's Performance
    in Bronx, NY |
    It has been one year since I had a minimally invasive hip replacement and (two months later) a right knee replacement. It changed my life and I am so happy to have chosen such a great doctor. Dr. Boettner looks great on paper and he does not disappoint in his surgical skills. So grateful for every thing he did for me and highly recommend him to family and friends.
    in New York, NY |
    I had both hip joints replaced by Dr. Boettner last year, and after enduring months of painful limping I am more than grateful to him for having restored a physical ability that we would like to take for granted: walking and moving at ease. The healing process went remarkably well, and thanks to Dr. Boettner’s surgical know-how I am back to “full speed.”
    in Bethany Beach, DE |
    Dr. Boettner is a fabulous Orthopaedic surgeon! Thorough, yet extremely compassionate. I had suffered for over five years with my left hip grinding bone on bone. I was up and moving within two weeks of my hip replacement. As he had promised prior to the surgery, I have my life back. No Pain, after suffering for so long! I can jog, ride a bike, and anything else I feel like doing again! For my one year checkup, my sister and I walked from Penn Station to his office on East 70th Street!
    in New Rochelle, NY |
    Dr. Boettner provided an easy to understand explanation of my medical problem, and outlined potential treatments for future consideration.
    Sayville, NY |
    Dr. Boettner is the best for surgery. Every detail is explained to you for the whole process so you are totally prepared for this from beginning to end. The doctor and his staff make it as easy as possible for you.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Boettner is a consummate professional with a lovely manner. I recommend him without reservation, particularly because not only am I physically back in the game, but also feeling so much better that I'm further motivated to become more fit.
    Huntington, NY |
    I had very successful hip replacement surgery. I'm back on my feet as if there was never a problem. Besides being a skilled surgeon. he has a good bedside manner. He listens, answered all my questions and spent the time I needed, never making me feel rushed.
    Easton, CT |
    Dr. Boettner discussed treatment alternatives in a patient, thorough and logical manner, allowing me to make an informed decision on my surgery.
    in Melville NY |
    Dr Boettner is an excellent doctor. He reviewed my issues with my hip, and gave me the options. I decieded to have surgery. The surgery went without problems and 3 weeks later I was back to work. When I saw Dr Boettner after 6 weeks, I was pain free. I would refer him to anyone who has hip issues. Because of the result of my surgery, I have deceived to have the other hip done by Dr Boettner.
    in Bridgehampton, NY |
    I had a total hip replacement in February of 2017. Before the surgery I was barely able to walk and my quality of life was not great. When I met with Dr. Boettner he explained the procedure thoroughly and felt I was a good candidate for the anterior approach hip replacement. Within three weeks post surgery I was able to get around without a walker or cane. It has been 8 weeks since my hip replacement and I am back to taking long walks on the beach. Dr. Boettner gave me my life back!
    in Bayside, NY |
    Dr. Boettner performed a total knee replacement on right knee in Jan. 2017 at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. I found him and his office to be very professional, informative and understanding. All aspects of the surgery were discussed with me. I have made a full recovery in 2 months. When my other knee needs replacing I would not hesitate to use Dr. Boettner.
    in fairfield, ct |
    I can only say good things about Dr. Boettner. I could hardly walk due to excruciating knee pain in both knees. Dr. Boettner performed Knee Replacement Surgery of both my knees (6 months apart) and my pain rapidly (starting the week following the operations) ceased, and I was able to walk and run more like a 21 year old than a 70 year old one! My family saw the effect of the surgery in a different but more telling way, they all said it was the first time they saw no pain in my face!
    Closter, NJ |
    I needed a hip replacement and in 2016 Dr. Boettner replaced my hip using an anterior approach. Replacement was July 2016. Spent a week skiing in December. Great mobility/ flexibility of the joint. Very happy with the replacement. Still quite a bit of numbness around the incision. Otherwise the joint function is excellent.
    in Baldwin, NY |
    After interviewing three other Orthopaedic Surgeons, I decided on Friedrich Boettner, MD to do my total hip replacement surgery. When he told me I should have had the surgery done 3 yrs ago and that I had waited for the last possible moment, which he was correct. I was in bad shape. To me, his pinpointing this info on my 1st consult, I knew I had found the right dr for me. Plus he is affiliated with HSS & his bio, experience and patient reviews. Friedrich Boettner, MD has given me back my life.
    Southaven, MS |
    Excellent physician with strong demand on patient accountability in the healing process
    in Lynbrook, NY |
    I had 2 THR with Dr. Boettner withing a 4 month period in 2015. I was out for 8-12 weeks each time depending on how quickly I was recovering. Physical therapy is a must for everyone going through this surgery. He is wonderful surgeon , I highly recommend Dr. Boettner, I had pain for years and now I am pain free, I am very happy with results.
    South Amboy NJ |
    Gave good summary of not only the surgery but what to expect on timing of recovery. 12 weeks for full rehab but each week following procedure a marked improvement over the prior.
    in Marlboro, NJ |
    Prior to surgery, I was using a cane for simple walking, and living on pain meds. i took Dr Boettner's advice to use an anterior approach for my total left hip replacement. The surgery was so successful that i took my last pain pill LESS THAN 24 hours after surgery. I was back to work in 5 weeks. it's now 3 months since my surgery, and I still have taken no pain meds. My before and after condition is a profound difference. Thanx Fritz for truly giving me my mobility and active life back
    in Howell, Nj |
    Dr. Boettner and his staff were very helpful from the first visit, now through one year post-op for my hip resurfacing. Questions were answered thoroughly, options given, and once surgery was decided, I couldn't have ended up with better people. Dr. Boettner performed the surgery & emphasized I needed to do my part with physical therapy. The end result, I'm back to a very physical job, active lifestyle, and often don't even feel like I had a major surgery.
    in Hoboken, NJ |
    Dr. Boettner is an excellent surgeon but beyond that he is kind and a good listener. He understands the challenges of post-operative recovery and explains what actions the patient needs to take in order to maximize recovery. I received my new knee in July 2015 and I feel like I received a new life thanks to Dr. Boettner.
    in Oneida, NY |
    Dr. Boettner just replaced my knee in November. Everything went so well. His office staff is very friendly and made sure all the arrangements were in order for my surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. From the moment they wheeled me into the operating room, his team made sure I had as good an experience as possible. I was up and walking well the first day. After one month I could bend and straighten really well. Dr. Boettner is a great choice for a knee replacement!
    in Ft Lee, NJ |
    Dr. Boettner totally replaced my left hip in 2008. It is pain-free and strong. In a recent consultation with him, I was reminded of the kindness, patience, and careful consideration of the patient’s concerns and questions that he brings to his excellent practice of surgery. In my case I had a “bonus” – in pre-testing, he found a serious tumor, unrelated to my hip. After its removal, i returned to Dr. Boettner for hip surgery. I think he is an exemplary surgeon. And he has a fine staff.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Boettner performed a total knee replacement for me. He is an impressively skilled doctor at a fantastic hospital. Dr. Boettner is fun to spend time with, and preparation and follow-up were first-rate. It's amazing looking at my knee, and realizing all that happened there - the incision scar is very modest. I know not everyone can expect this, given the age of the patient, but I am 62, and was up and about in 2-3 weeks. I never needed a walker.
    in Holtsville, NY |
    Found the entire experience wonderful.Dr, Boettner was personal and made me feel. confident and at ease with the whole procedure.Before surgery i was always in pain and unable to walk ,go up stairs and even get a full night sleep without much difficulty... 3 weeks .after surgery I was able to return to work and had no pain ,no more motrin and could easily walk up and down stairs. Iwould highly recommend Dr,Boettner and feel he is very professional.
    in Hopewell, New Jersey |
    Dr. Boettner performed a full hip replacement on my left hip over 5 years ago and I couldn't be happier with the result - both at the time of the surgery as well as 5 years later. I would (and have) recommended friends or family to Dr. Boettner. He is very professional but also very concerned and interested in the well being of the patient. I interviewed three other doctors at the time and felt he was the best combination of experience and competence as well as pleasant and caring concern.
    in Montclair, NJ |
    Dr. Boettner is masterful at his practice. After several years of continuous and severe pain I consulted with him. Her performed a posterior hip replacement and I am now, seven weeks after surgery virtually pain free and able to carry out all activities of daily living. Dr. Boettner listened to my concerns, told me exactly what to expect, and provided me with an excellent surgical experience and outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Boettner.
    in WAYSIDE, NEW JERSEY |
    He was very professional in explaining to me the outcome of my knee replacement. Although the rehab has been tougher than expected I now see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been 8 weeks and I am already riding my bike in the basement (on trainer). I feel that within a month I will be very close to doing the activities I was hoping to be able to do. The experience in the hospital for special surgery was as expected top notch. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Boettner and his staff
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr Boettner performed a double hip replacement on me and my life has been profoundly changed. I can walk, dance, exercise and generally live a really active life again. I have been thrilled. Dr. Boettner is so skilled and accomplished that I have only felt successful since my surgery. And last, but no least living with absolutely no pain is a joy.
    in New York, NY |
    Back in the the game!!! and better than ever thanks God first and this amazing doctor. Almost 2 years of a Double Hip Replacement and I am pain free 100% and more active than ever.... Excellent professional!!!!! I never imaging that even thought I was super overweight, He was able to do my double hip replacement perfectly done.
    in Astoria, NY |
    Last month I had a one-year check-up with Dr. Friedrich Boettner, an orthopedic surgeon, at the Hospital For Special Surgery. He performed Unicondylar/Partial Knee Replacement on my knees. It took some persuasion on my part to convince him to do the surgery on both my knees at the same time, as I was 84 years of age. It was the best decision I could have made, as the surgery was extremely successful. I was able to return home from Burke Rehab and walk without a walker or a cane. Part 1
    in Toms River, NJ |
    Changed my life. No more pain. Excellent surgeon. 2 total hip replacements. So,glad I picked Dr. Boettner
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Boettner knows how to solve difficult issues.
    in New York, NY |
    I want to thank you for giving me my life back. Two years ago I was in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately it came to an end due to bad pain in the groin area. When I was told I needed a double hip replacement I never thought I could kickbox again. To my surprise I was hitting the bag three months after my right hip was replaced. One year later you replaced my left hip and 6 weeks post op I await my return to the gym. I am the bionic women and nothing can stop me now. Thank you again!
    in Jericho, NY |
    Had bilat THR and couldn't have been more pleased
    Have you seen Dr. Friedrich Boettner, MD?
    Are you Dr. Boettner?

Dr. Boettner's Care Philosophy

Provider website: www.drboettner.com

Dr. Boettner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Boettner has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Boettner's Board Certifications

Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Training Course

Completed in 2006

• German
    • Russian

Dr. Boettner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boettner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery