Dr. Fredric Daum, MD

Dr. Fredric Daum, MD

Pediatric Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Fredric Daum, MD is a pediatric gastroenterology specialist in Mineola, NY and has been practicing for 47 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1963 and specializes in pediatric gastroenterology and pediatrics.Read his story

120 Mineola Blvd Ste 210

Mineola, NY 11501

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophageal Ulcer
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vomiting Disorders

"I have wanted to become a doctor since I was a child. Chronic ear infections and multiple visits to the hospital for treatment also probably played a significant role in my choosing medicine. When applying to medical school, I was excited by the pro...

• Pediatric Gastroenterology

3.8

Dr. Daum?
Dr. Daum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Fredric Daum, MD
Let me first start by saying that Dr Daum CURED my son. My little guy is 5 , going on 6, and he had a bad case of encopresis. I sought help from doctors at 2 major institutions with no improvement in his condition. My friend came across Dr Daum's website and suggested that I consult with him. The program is intense for the first week and as long as you carry out his exact instructions , you WILL see results. You may have read reviews about his demeanor. He is very strict and can come across intimidating or difficult, but he needs to be in order for parents to see results. I'm in the medical field myself and can attest that this doctor knows what he is doing, despite what some reviewers have said. I can say today that my son is much happier and is much more attentive at school. He is a changed boy. I highly recommend him to anyone who has a child with this condition. Its the only one that WORKS. It does takes dedication though. My husband and I will be forever indebted to Dr Daum.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Our daughter was treated by Dr Daum for Encopresis. It was a difficult for us in the beginning but we were successful with his program. She is now accident free, self initiating, and off the medication. Forever appreciative for Dr Daum helping our family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Dr. Daum is exceptionally committed to achieving success with his patients. He is responsive; encouraging; and willing to guide patients through challenges.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Dr. Daum was key in toilet training our son. Our son is autistic and has difficulty with communication. Daum is very hands on and we were in constant contact, at least once a day. Daum will change tactics to focus on what is working and end what was not working. It took about three months to have my son self-initiating and I don't believe it have happened without Daum. Daum calls it as he sees it so be prepared for straight talk and frank conversations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Amazing Doctor, Well informed & extremely personable!! Def. recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
So, for as long as I can remember, my son was withholding stool. We brought changes of clothes everywhere, diapers, wipes, and no matter where we went, we were always worried wether we'd have to leave due to staining or an accident. The program Dr. Daum presented gave us our life back. He's brilliant. Yes, it was slow going the first day. Yes, you have to put the effort in. By day 3 or 4 we were seeing the tremendous progress. We are 3 weeks in and I haven't bought diapers AT ALL.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
I was a skeptic. Now it is 4 months later and it's like he created a new person. The nicest person and very caring. Dr. Daum gives you his number so you can call anytime if you have an issue. Nobody does that. So happy:)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
THIS DOCTOR IS OBNOXIOUS AND RUDE! My son went to an emergency appointment with his dad because he has been vomiting for three days. This idiot refused to help my son because his "father doesn't know anything". I said i am on the phone with you- what is it that you need to know and that I am unable to leave work. He said he doesn't work this way and i need to bring him back another time. Sent him home!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
I feel as if Dr. Daum saved our family. My daughter had encopresis since she was 4 years old. For six years, we had been to different doctors and therapists. Dr. Daum was clear and direct with what we needed to do. I looked forward to speaking with him every evening. He was available and everything he said to do worked. My daughter has been clean for 3 weeks! She is regaining her confidence in social situations. The program works and results are fast. It has been life changing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Our daughter has Encopresis. Before meeting Dr Daum in June 2018, I was hopeless. She was about to turn 5 and had never pooped in the toilet. With her getting older and school beginning in September 2018, I had a tremendous amount of anxiety. On June 6th 2018 we began working with Dr Daum. Our daughter has been accident free since the end of June and I feel we can live life again. I found Dr Daum to be incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and wants nothing more than to help these kids!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
So my daughter saw Dr. Daum on a total of 3 occasions. The first two times were fine. He diagnosed her with constipation and anxiety. My daughter visited him the third time with severe abdominal pain and fever for 6 straight days. He said to me, "This is all behavioral. There is nothing wrong with your daughter and you are chasing nothing (medically) and she's playing you real good." This was very unprofessional of him to say and calling my daughter a liar. My daughter was very upset by him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
If I could leave ZERO stars, I would. He is by far, the worst "doctor" I've ever met. I brought my 2 year old in for constipation issues. He immediately diagnosed her as having poop witholding syndrome. He cut me off before I could provide a history, didn't even ask about her diet or bowel movements, and when asked how to "fix" the condition he was diagnosing her with, said id have to pay to go to his seminar and he won't give the info away for free. Biggest joke of a doctor I've ever seen!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
He was so caring & didn’t dismiss me like I feel some other drs do, took the time to talk to my little girl & didn’t rush us out. From the very first visit it felt like he actually cared & that my daughter wasn’t just another kid coming through. He was amazing with the follow up & explained all the tests & results. Very happy with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
I never believed it could be possible. Dr. Daum was there to support us as we began this journey to completely toilet train our 10 yr. old with ASD. Always available by phone, I never felt alone. He listened and made changes accordingly. He was like our coach, more like an Olympic coach. He would ask things of you as a parent that you never thought were possible. But when you find yourself and your child achieving those goals, you will be thankful you never gave up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Dr. Daum and the services he provides are a true life saver! He's the only Dr. I've found who can help!!! He is attentive and supremely knowledgeable in the area of encopresis. THE BEST!! Highly Recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Dr. Daum was extremely unprofessional and insensitive in his approach to my teen daughter. He focused little on her specific GI symptoms and instead lectured her about her need to participate in more extracurricular activities. Then, after not listening to a word I said, he ordered me out of office to waiting area and began asking my daughter if she saw a social worker. After this very bad experience, I found many other similar online reviews/descriptions of his inappropriate behavior!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
I have never written a review of any kind on any forum nor have I been treated with such disdain and vitriol as I have with Dr. Daum. Dr. Daum has a very strong sense of right and wrong when it comes to family values and where the woman’s place is. Working moms beware.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Wish I could recommend Dr. Daum but I cannot do so based on our experience. The cost of the program is just the start. The medications cost a lot and you'll have to keep paying him when your child is still soiling after the 4 months are up. And if you're child isn't soiling you'll have to keep paying him so he'll help wean your child off the medcations. We spent a lot of time, money and effort with no real results. Huge disappointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Dr. Daum has been outstanding in the care of our daughter - we were taken by surprise by a celiac diagnosis, and he spent over an hour with us at our initial consultation, patiently explaining everything to us, which was so important given that we were overwhelmed at the time. He has taken great care of her and his knowledge is deep and he instilled confidence is us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fredric Daum, MD?
Friendly environment! Dr. Daum has helped us so much with the toilet training program. I can always get an appointment with him when I call the office. He knows his stuff and by following his instructions, all went well with our son. Thanks a lot Dr. Daum. Highly recommend this doctor!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Daum?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO