Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD

General Surgery | Male

1950 N Harlem Ave Elmwood Park, IL 60707 Get Directions
Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD

Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Elmwood Park, IL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Tiesenga is affiliated with West Suburban Medical Center, Presence Resurrection Medical Center, Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Community First Medical Center and Westlake Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Tiesenga's Experience

See how Dr. Tiesenga's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tiesenga

Dr. Tiesenga accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Tiesenga is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Tiesenga has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tiesenga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tiesenga to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Tiesenga's Performance
    Oak Park, IL |
    Laparoscopic Hernia repair was almost painless. Up and able to do most of my regular work within two weeks. Friendly and calming.
    in Maywood, IL |
    This was my first visit with Dr TIESENGA Came out made you feel very comfortable and welcome and his staff very nice and professional . Well I come back yes
    in Melrose Park, IL |
    will recommend Dr. Tiesenga to all of my family and friends
    in Chicago, IL |
    I have been a patient since 2012 and he has the most amazing bed-side manners. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tiesenga for your needs.
    Westmont, IL |
    Worst doctor ever spent 5 minutes with me for a new consult after seeing nurse. Told me I needed a band. I didn't come I for lap band. Don't go to him he is a scam artist.
    in joliet, IL |
    Dr. Tiesenga is a caring practitioner who takes time to listen and educate. He offers a life changing service. I considered bariatric surgery secondary to my diabetes and insulin resistance. Less than 2 months after my lab band procedure I am off insulin and my type 2 diabetes is under control.
    in Berwyn, IL |
    Removed 7 sebastious cysts in one sitting. Three on my head, 2 on my back, 1 on my side, and 1 between my legs. Was awesome, quick, and did great work.
    in Woodridge, IL |
    Super Surgeon. An action Doctor.
    in Chicago, IL |
    My surgery had complications but when I awoke the first face I saw was his. He postponed his vacation to make sure I was stable and that meant a lot to me. He was never more than a phone call away while I was in the hospital.
    in River Grove, IL |
    He really knows his business. He performed my lap chole and incisional hernia repair last Thursday. One week post-op and I feel amazingly well. I plan to schedule my second surgery consult with him next month. Funny Guy too very personable.
    in Elmhurst, IL |
    He was great did keloid removal on both earlobe s
    in Chicago, IL |
    Yes , I definitely recommend Dr. Tiesenga. He's an amazing Doctor.
    in Chicago, IL |
    Dr. Tiesenga and his practice are horrible. Months after having my surgery, I cannot hold down food and am experiencing a series of complications. When I brought these concerns up to him and his staff, I've gotten the cold shoulder and have been brushed off. You'll only hear of the successful procedures, but they're making it extremely difficult to recover and move forward following this failed operation. Now, I've had to move on to different physicians, who are his colleagues, and do not help.
    in Silver Lake, WI |
    Dr. Fred is a caring and knowledgeable physician and his staff is great also. I moved out of the area and was going to another physician who recommended I go to a specialist. I told this Physician I would go see Dr. Fred, and this physician was familiar with him, and said it was a good choice. Dr Fred has corrected my problem in just a few visits Dr. Fred has a lot of patients and can take a little time to get in to see him, but worth the wait!
    Have you seen Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
    Are you Dr. Tiesenga?

Dr. Tiesenga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Tiesenga has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tiesenga's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

Dr. Tiesenga does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Tiesenga and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

Graduated in 1991

Ill Masonic Metro Group Hosps

Completed in 1992

Illinois Masonic Med Center Advocate Health Care Chicago

Completed in 2007

Dr. Tiesenga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tiesenga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery
    • Surgery

Dr. Tiesenga does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Tiesenga and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.