General Surgery  |
Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD
Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Elmwood Park, IL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Tiesenga is affiliated with Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Westlake Hospital, Presence Resurrection Medical Center, Community First Medical Center and West Suburban Medical Center.

1950 N Harlem Ave

Elmwood Park, IL 60707

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Tiesenga

Dr. Tiesenga's Experience

Dr. Tiesenga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Ill Masonic Metro Group Hosps
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Illinois Masonic Med Center Advocate Health Care Chicago
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Tiesenga has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tiesenga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tiesenga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tiesenga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tiesenga to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Tiesenga's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
My experience with Doctor Tisenga was great he's very understanding an I was very nervous about my gastric sleeve An he made me feel very comfortable An at ease the day of surgery An through my entire weight loss journey I highly recommend him if you want a good doctor with a lot of experience in his field he's one the best !!!
in chicago |
Simply the best. No words can describe the quality care and compassion you receive from him and his team. He is an angel in disguise
in Chicago, IL |
Doctor Tiesenga has helped me to get on my way to better health with the understanding of losing weight and reaching my goal to better educate myself in my health and fitness issues to establish my weight control to better other health issues. He is very compassionate to understanding to everyone who has weight control problems.As for myself, I was quite embarrassed and ashamed of my weight and he made me feel more at ease about myself and the tools that he has given me to help me . Thank you
in Forest Park, IL |
I had a procedure call a Bariatric Sleeve and a Hiatal Hernia. As I read materials on both procedures and listened to testimonials of the recovery process I was assured that I would have a pain excruciating recovery. Well let me tell you, when I went to recovery I could tell I had surgery but I was not in great pain. I did not have nausea or vomitingthat I was promised. I wondered to myself if Dr. Tisenga really did operate on me.
Chicago, IL |
Family Cordero Hillside Il. Dr. Tiesenga is a very good doctor he did a surgery on my dad’s foot and saved the foot from cutting it off. I really recommend him to family and friends.
Oak Park, IL |
Laparoscopic Hernia repair was almost painless. Up and able to do most of my regular work within two weeks. Friendly and calming.
in Maywood, IL |
This was my first visit with Dr TIESENGA Came out made you feel very comfortable and welcome and his staff very nice and professional . Well I come back yes
in Melrose Park, IL |
will recommend Dr. Tiesenga to all of my family and friends
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient since 2012 and he has the most amazing bed-side manners. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tiesenga for your needs.
Westmont, IL |
Worst doctor ever spent 5 minutes with me for a new consult after seeing nurse. Told me I needed a band. I didn't come I for lap band. Don't go to him he is a scam artist.
in joliet, IL |
Dr. Tiesenga is a caring practitioner who takes time to listen and educate. He offers a life changing service. I considered bariatric surgery secondary to my diabetes and insulin resistance. Less than 2 months after my lab band procedure I am off insulin and my type 2 diabetes is under control.
in Berwyn, IL |
Removed 7 sebastious cysts in one sitting. Three on my head, 2 on my back, 1 on my side, and 1 between my legs. Was awesome, quick, and did great work.
in Woodridge, IL |
Super Surgeon. An action Doctor.
in River Grove, IL |
He really knows his business. He performed my lap chole and incisional hernia repair last Thursday. One week post-op and I feel amazingly well. I plan to schedule my second surgery consult with him next month. Funny Guy too very personable.
in Elmhurst, IL |
He was great did keloid removal on both earlobe s
in Chicago, IL |
Yes , I definitely recommend Dr. Tiesenga. He's an amazing Doctor.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Tiesenga and his practice are horrible. Months after having my surgery, I cannot hold down food and am experiencing a series of complications. When I brought these concerns up to him and his staff, I've gotten the cold shoulder and have been brushed off. You'll only hear of the successful procedures, but they're making it extremely difficult to recover and move forward following this failed operation. Now, I've had to move on to different physicians, who are his colleagues, and do not help.
in Silver Lake, WI |
Dr. Fred is a caring and knowledgeable physician and his staff is great also. I moved out of the area and was going to another physician who recommended I go to a specialist. I told this Physician I would go see Dr. Fred, and this physician was familiar with him, and said it was a good choice. Dr Fred has corrected my problem in just a few visits Dr. Fred has a lot of patients and can take a little time to get in to see him, but worth the wait!
Have you seen Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Are you Dr. Tiesenga?