Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD

Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD is a general surgery specialist in Elmwood Park, IL and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1991 and specializes in general surgery.

1950 N Harlem Ave

Elmwood Park, IL 60707

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Tiesenga's experience treating your condition or procedure

14.035087719298245%

Dr. Tiesenga?
Dr. Tiesenga's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD
Very uncouth person who does not treat others with respect. Behaves as if the hospital is under his proprietorship. Needs to have a grip of reality and realize that treating others with respect actually would work in his favor. How anyone works with this individual is beyond human comprehension. Very intimidating and very difficult to work with. Amazing how anybody can become a surgeon. Would give negative stars if possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Dr. T is the most caring and considerate surgeon I have ever met. His patience is limitless and he always has an encouraging word to say. On my last visit I was feeling a little discouraged and Dr. T came in and just with his attentiveness and gentleness made me feel much better. Thank you Dr. T for all that you've done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Dr. T and his staff have done a great job and they continue to do so as I progress after my surgery. I appreciate the support that they provide! I will continue to share my story and my recommendation as I have have no complaints or worries!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
No nonsense. Get to the point Dr. I thank his mom for her Artwork. Great picks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
I'd like to give an EXCELLENT review of the nurse-practitioner, Shiny Saju. Her professional knowledge, coupled with her wonderful bedside-manner, TRULY make her outstandingly "shine", as her first name implies!??The medical-assistant, "Lucky", was absolutely wonderful in packing my wound on a regular basis!??The front-desk ladies, namely Barbara, Francis, Gabriela, and Patrice, sincerely made me feel SO very welcome as a patient for follow-up care!??Dr. Tiesenga, I truly appreciate your staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Very disappointed! Drove 2 hrs waited 5 to see him. Only saw the PA. She had no time to look at studies I brought. Recommended another WL surgery. I was sent to have a previous surgery re-evaluated due to severe complications. They keep calling to schedule surgery, their DX was overweight due to overeating. I haven’t been able to eat, and was hospitalized 2 weeks later. I’ve lost 40+ lbs of water. Have an appt at UC soon! Be Leary!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Dr Tiesenga is an Awesome Doctor. His bedside manner is the best. He makes you feel very comfortable even when your scared to death. Having surgery is not something anyone looks forward to but if i ever had to do it again Dr Tiesenga is who i would trust my life too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Dr. Tiesenga and his staff are excellent! 10/10 highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
I want to thank god for a surgeon who is as kind and professional as Dr. Tiesenga. From the start of my treatment, he explained to me what would happen and properly prepared me for my operation. It was then that I felt a sense of relief. I wasn't afraid anymore because I knew I was in good hands. The first operation I had went really well; a herniated umbilical cord. I am now successfully recovering from my second operation for removal of my gull bladder.Thank you for doing such a marvelous job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Dr. Tiesenga gave me back my life. He performed gastric sleeve surgery on me two weeks ago, and already I have lost 22 pounds. I have received excellent care with no complication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
I have had 2 surgeries with Dr. Tiesenga, Gall bladder removal and lap band. Although he appears very caring. I'm upset that I was originally told that I could have the lap band revision to sleeve in one step and to do the 6 month requirement. Which I did. Now being told that he no longer does the one step procedure and that I would need the band removed wait 3 months and get the sleeve. Not happy about 2 separate procedures with no real individualized reason. Scheduled, but look elsewhere.
Excellent Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
My experience with Doctor Tisenga was great he's very understanding an I was very nervous about my gastric sleeve An he made me feel very comfortable An at ease the day of surgery An through my entire weight loss journey I highly recommend him if you want a good doctor with a lot of experience in his field he's one the best !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Simply the best. No words can describe the quality care and compassion you receive from him and his team. He is an angel in disguise
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Doctor Tiesenga has helped me to get on my way to better health with the understanding of losing weight and reaching my goal to better educate myself in my health and fitness issues to establish my weight control to better other health issues. He is very compassionate to understanding to everyone who has weight control problems.As for myself, I was quite embarrassed and ashamed of my weight and he made me feel more at ease about myself and the tools that he has given me to help me . Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
I had a procedure call a Bariatric Sleeve and a Hiatal Hernia. As I read materials on both procedures and listened to testimonials of the recovery process I was assured that I would have a pain excruciating recovery. Well let me tell you, when I went to recovery I could tell I had surgery but I was not in great pain. I did not have nausea or vomitingthat I was promised. I wondered to myself if Dr. Tisenga really did operate on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Family Cordero Hillside Il. Dr. Tiesenga is a very good doctor he did a surgery on my dad’s foot and saved the foot from cutting it off. I really recommend him to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
Laparoscopic Hernia repair was almost painless. Up and able to do most of my regular work within two weeks. Friendly and calming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
This was my first visit with Dr TIESENGA Came out made you feel very comfortable and welcome and his staff very nice and professional . Well I come back yes
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Tiesenga, MD?
will recommend Dr. Tiesenga to all of my family and friends
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tiesenga?

Insurance accepted