Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD

Robotic SurgeryMaleAge 56

Dr. Sabido

Frederick L. Sabido, M.D.,P.C.

1130 Victory Blvd Staten Island, NY 10301

Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD is a Robotic Surgery Specialist in Staten Island, NY and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine medical school in 1989. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Bayley Seton Hospital and Bayonne Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sabido to book an appointment.

Compare with other Robotic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Sabido with our nearby Robotic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.

Dr. Sabido's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sabido

4.2

Dr. Sabido?
  • Appointment scheduling (43)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (43)
  • Explained conditions well (43)
  • Appointment was rushed (11)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
Dr. Sabido is an excellent robotics surgeon. Despite the Covid pandemic, he opened his office just to see me on Thursday, April 2, 2020. He performed emergency robotic total colectomy the following day. I was on soft diet in 24 hours and discharged from the hospital in less than 48 hours on my way to recovery. Fantastic surgeon!!! Thank you Dr. Sabido for saving my life!!
Fred V – Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
I had an extensive inguinal hernia that i had been avoiding repair of, finally had to address the problem and went to see Dr. Sabido. He gave me an option of dates and within a week and one day I was headed for "Robotic repair" at Care Point in Hoboken, NJ. It was a day surgery and the facility arranged for my wife and I to be picked up and brought to the procedure and then back home. We live in Toms River, NJ, this action eliminated an additional stress factor for us. The people and staff at Hoboken were fantastic and Dr. Sabido and his team were on point throughout the entire process, before, during and after the procedure. Post surgery was truly remarkable because I had "no pain" related to the hernia repair. I have been back to see Dr. Sabido at his SI office and that staff could not be more pleasant and professional. It has been a great outcome for a problem I should have taken care of years ago, many thanks to the many people I encountered throughout the entire process.
Kenneth Leigh – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
process exactly as Dr. Sabido described it, went to work same day, no pain, quick recovery, no meds except for two nights with some ibuprofen. Highly, highly recommend Dr Sabido for a quick, painless process.
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
I went for Inguinal Hernia Surgery in April 2019 at Raritan Bay Medical Center. Dr. Frederick Sabido performed Robotic Surgery on my hernia which is minimally invasive. The surgery lasted approximately 40 minutes and I was able to leave the hospital on the same day. After the surgery I did not have to take any pain medication. I was able to walk around the same day. I would recommend Dr. Sabido for Robotic Hernia Surgery. He was very professional and personable, and thoroughly explained the Robotic Procedure. Anthony Staten Island, NY 5-16-19
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
5 Stars are not enough for Dr. Sabito! Dr. Sabito saved my life! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Dr. Sabito! You truly are one of GOD’s soldiers! Dr. Sabito answers all your questions and is very caring! He is a surgeon who completely understands how you feel and takes the time to explain every aspect of your concerns. I would recommend Dr. Sabito to anyone ??% GOD bless you Dr. Sabito always and he sure does! Thank you GOD for Dr. Sabino
Linda Colabella – Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Last September (2018) Dr. Sabido performed surgery on me for a double hernia. Using Robotic Surgery I was able to leave the hospital the same day, and within several days I was up and around and taking short walks outside my home. There have been no problems or complications since, and I have no reservations about recommending Dr. to anyone I know looking for a surgeon. I am also a now a believer in the use of Robotic Surgery and the minimally invasive procedure that it provides.
Joe Sullivan in Staten Island – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Sabido performed a lumpectomy on me in Feb. 2016. He was very caring and informative. I am now three years cancer free. The doctors who I needed to see post surgery that Dr. Sabido recommended were wonderful as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Sabido.
Dorothy G. in Staten Island, NY – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr Sabido performed robotic gall bladder removal surgery on me, I literally walked out of the hospital that day and had no pain at all from the surgery and it was a scarless surgery. I highly recommend him as a surgeon
Giovanna in Staten Island , NY – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
I have known Dr. Sabido professionally (not as a patient) for many years. When my gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Sabido for a surgical consult, I knew I was in good hands. The procedure was explained clearly to me and my mind was put at ease. Surgery was done at RUMC with the new robotic system, which is Dr. Sabido's speciality. The level of care at RUMC was top notch. Recovery has been much easier than I imagined for major surgery. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr.Sabido to anyone.
Staten Island, NY – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Sabido's staff proved to be helpful and concerned from my first phone call. I was put at ease during my first evaluation by Dr. Sabido. He is personable, approachable, and knowledgeable. Dr. Sabido performed a robotic double hernia procedure on me and I was up and around in a few days, (minimal pain and cautious). My followup visit 2 weeks later went smoothly. I know that I shouldn't have put off a procedure like this, but it gave me the combination of robotic surgery and Dr. Sabido!
James Treacy in Staten Island – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Sabito is GOD sent! I needed emergency surgery and Dr. Sabito saved my life. He is so compassionate and takes the time to answer your questions. He reassures you and makes you feel so cared for. God bless you Dr. Sabito! God truly works through you!
Linda Colabella – Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Robotic Single Site Gallbladder Surgery 7/3/17. Hospital report time was 7am & was home at 1pm. After surgery was tired & only had slight discomfort. Never took any pain meds. Motrin that evening & next morning. Felt good the next afternoon. Sore but no pain. Removed the bandage’s second day after surgery and was socked! Could barely see the the incision. Very pleased with Dr. Sabido. He listens to all your concerns and puts them at ease. Highly recommend him & Robotic Surgery. RF
RF in Staten Island – Aug 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Frederick Sabido performed a hernia surgery on me about 3 months ago. I consulted with him regarding my medical condition and asked his professional opinion. He was nothing but kind, courteous, and most of all, professional to me. We spoke about options and procedures. He took his time to answer every question and address every concern I may have had. I was never rushed through any of my appointments. The staff as well are more than pleasant and accommodating. Dr. Sabido performed a robotic
Frank L. in Staten Island – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Sabido was professional, trustworthy, thorough, and very accommodating to my needs, especially geographically. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone for anything without the slightest hesitation.
Emilio D'Addio in Charlotte, NC – Apr 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
The entire experience was unbelievable. He's a regular guy. Great office staff too. In and out of surgery ( gall bladder removal) in less than an hour. No holes, no problems back to work after 1 day home. Vinny P
Vinny P in Staten Island – Feb 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
After years of delaying a much needed hernia surgery , , Dr Sabito was my choice . My decision was so right , from the first visit to the post surgery visit two weeks after my surgery . He knew I was nervous and talked to me , calmed me down , explained what was gonna take place and was the first person I saw when I came to . He assured me that there would be minimal pain and he was right . I was able to work the next day . I can't explain how great this man was as a person and as a surgeon .
Paul Montella in Staten Island, NY – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
He came highly recommended, and I can see why!!! I felt at ease from the moment I met him. The gallbladder surgery which took place in September was a successful. He's up-to-date when it comes to how to perform gallbladder surgery... robotic surgery.
John Torres in Staten Island, NY – Jan 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr Sabido removed my gallbladder 3 weeks ago. It was highly inflamed. The procedure went excellent and I am healing great with a minimal scar. I was very nervous about getting it done. Dr assured me why it needed to be done and how. I was not fond of his assistant, he was a bit brash. However, Dr Sabido said he is going to take care of me himself and treat me like family. He kept his word and did a great job on me. I am very happy I chose him for this procedure, and fell much better already
Jon in Staten Island, NY – Nov 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr.Sabido immediately made me feel very at ease and confident in his abilities. Explained procedure and what to expect after surgery, expressed great optimism of good recovery and everything went great??
Diane P in Staten Island, ny – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?
Dr. Sabido is an excellent surgeon. I had an incarcerated hernia (epigastric) and endometriosis and I needed my gallbladder out. I was in tremendous pain, so I had all three procedures done at the same time and everything went great. I traveled from NJ to Staten Island because I trusted Dr. Sabido completely. Dr. Sabido used the DaVinci robot and the procedure took less than an hour and he only cut my belly button. The recovery was very quick. I highly recommend Dr. Sabido!
Sue L. in New Providence, NJ – Nov 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sabido?

If you need scarless Minimally Invasive Surgery including Robotic Single-Site Cholecystectomy and Robotic Colon Surgery Robotic Inguinal Hernia repair/...Read more

• Robotic Surgery

New York University School Of Medicine
1987
Sophie Davis School Of Biomedical Education 7year Bs/MD Program At Ccny

• Italian

What other Robotic Surgery Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Robotic Surgery Specialists.

What are Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Sabido frequently treats Ventral Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, and Lipomas. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Sabido treats.

Where is Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD's office located?

Dr. Sabido's office is located at 1130 Victory Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10301. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD speak?

Dr. Sabido speaks Spanish, Italian, and English. View profile to see all.

Does Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Sabido has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Frederick Sabido, MD?

1 disciplinary action Found

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 68% of his peers

Abdominal Surgery

Abdominoplasty
may perform

Our data suggests Dr. Sabido may perform this procedure. Please call to confirm.

Abscess

• MSS Colorectal Cancer
  • Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer, Familial
  • Rectal Cancer
  • Sporadic Colorectal Cancer
Hide other areas of care
Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Sabido treats Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 28% of his peers

• Diaphragmatic Hernia, Congenital
  • Hiatal Hernia
Dressing and-or Debridement of Wound, Infection, or Burn (incl. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)

Dr. Sabido has indicated that he performs this procedure.

Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)

Esophageal Diverticulum

Excision of Breast Tumor

Excision of Esophageal Lesion

Excision of Rectal Tumor

(718) 442-4777Find providers who perform this procedure

Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer

Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal

Incisional Hernia

Dr. Sabido treats Incisional Hernia more than 78% of his peers

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 78% of his peers

Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Sabido performs Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 58% of his peers

Dr. Sabido performs this procedure more than 58% of his peers

Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Inguinal Hernia

Dr. Sabido treats Inguinal Hernia more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Sabido performs Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Sabido performs this procedure more than 85% of his peers

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open

Dr. Sabido performs Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open more than 30% of his peers

Dr. Sabido performs this procedure more than 30% of his peers

Intestinal Abscess

Intestinal Obstruction

(718) 442-4777Find providers who treat this condition

Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)

Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery

Dr. Sabido treats Lipomas more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Lumpectomy

(718) 442-4777Find providers who perform this procedure

Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)

Minimally Invasive Surgery

Non-Invasive Mechanical Ventilation With Robotic Assistance

Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair

Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Sabido performs Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Sabido performs this procedure more than 28% of his peers

Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Partial Mastectomy

Dr. Sabido has indicated that he performs this procedure.

Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)

Port Placements or Replacements

Rectovaginal Fistula

Dr. Sabido has indicated that he treats this condition.

Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)

Dr. Sabido has indicated that he performs this procedure.

Removal or Destruction of Rectal or Intestinal Tumor (incl. Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and Control of Hemorrhage)

Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy

(718) 442-4777Find providers who perform this procedure

Repair of Anal and Rectal Defects (Anoplasty, Repair of Imperforate Anus, Sphincteroplasty, Rectal Graft)

Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance

Umbilical Hernia

Dr. Sabido treats Umbilical Hernia more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Sabido treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Dr. Sabido performs Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Sabido performs this procedure more than 62% of his peers

• Crohn's Disease
  • da Vinci® Colectomy
  • da Vinci® Gallbladder Removal
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Diverticulum
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Removal of Stones from Biliary Tract With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lipomas
  • Lumpectomy
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Non-Invasive Mechanical Ventilation With Robotic Assistance
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Partial Mastectomy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Sabido accepts

Dr. Sabido accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Amerihealth
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
QualCare
Oxford Liberty

Frederick L. Sabido, M.D.,P.C.

Staten Island Surgical Associates PC1130 Victory Blvd Staten Island, NY 10301