Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male

Dr. Larsen

Advanced Fertility Care

9819 N 95th St Ste 105 Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University Of Virginia in 1994 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. Larsen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Larsen

3.9

Dr. Larsen?
Dr. Larsen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD
I was referred to Dr. Larsen in 2019 because I have had a tubal ligation and an ablation and am now wanting options for having a baby. My first appointment with Dr. Larsen was on 1/10/2020. Prior to my appointment they ran my benefits and stated that I would be responsible for $226 copay for my consultation because I have a $1,500 deductible. On the day of my appointment they provided me with a printout of my benefits that they received from my insurance company Humana. It stated that everything was covered, but needed a prior authorization first. On the benefits page it stated that there were no exclusions. On the day of my appointment, it was the 2nd day of my menstrual cycle. Since there are certain tests that need to be done during this time, and I was already in the office, I agreed to get the process started. After my consultation with Dr. Larsen, the staff put me in a room to run my benefits to see how much I would need to pay for blood work and an ultrasound. I would
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD?
For anyone beginning, enduring, contemplating or even wanting to transition locations on their IVF journey, look no further. After 6 cycles of IVF we were beginning to lose all hope. We started at a different facility before transferring here and it wasn't the right fit. If we can offer any advice, for the money you are paying and investing, not to mention the emotional turmoil, physical pain and all of the ups/downs that come with this- trust your gut. Choose the right doctor- one that has a great disposition and will stay encouraging. This is TRULY Dr. Larson. Hands down, the best physician we have ever met. He knew it was going to be a struggle with our circumstances but never lost hope, stayed positive, kind, and most importantly made us feel valued. For all of the tears we shed to get here, our last attempt was successful and we are now 8 weeks pregnant with our "miracle." Visit Dr. Larson and his team. You won't regret it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD?
Not only is he arrogant he does not have the knowledge (re:IUI) of follicle/egg size and appropriate timing.Or maybe he does and was blatantly off so we would need to do IVF($).2nd op Dr showed us our chart and said Dr. Larsen was not aggressive enough for my age (37) nor was timing my meds and IUIs correctly.Their office is closed on weekends which makes accuracy hard.Also, he made my hubby’s sperm analysis sound detrimental when it was fine. He caused so much unnecessary stress. Unethical.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD?
We have a beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr.Larsen! I won’t go to anyone else to help us expand our family! I was impressed with all staff that I worked with, though I always sing Dr.Larsens praises! His bedside manner is amazing! I appreciated that every time my husband and I sat down to discuss our next plan and options, he would write notes down on a legal pad for us. He walked down all our options and explained them. He made things clear for us, and then we had notes for when we went home!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD?
Dr. Larsen is very professional, he always explained everything about my procedure and answered all my questions. All the staff are nice too. I am so happy and satisfied that Dr. Larsen took care my fertility treatment. Thanks so much everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Larsen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Larsen?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Duke University School Of Medicine, Durham Nc
Madigan Army Medical Center; Tacoma, Wa
Madigan Army Medical Center; Tacoma, Wa
1994
University Of Virginia

• Dutch

Dr. Larsen accepts

Dr. Larsen accepts the following insurance:

AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
Humana PPO
Triwest
TriCare/TriWest
Zenith Administrators Inc

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Larsen treats your condition or procedure

• In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility
  • Laparoscopy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Semen Analysis
  • Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Uterine Diseases

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Larsen treats patients.

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)