Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD

18 Reviews
Dr. Freitag

Diamond Headache Clinic

1460 N Halsted St Ste 501 Chicago, IL 60642

Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD is an osteopathic manipulative therapy specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University in 1979 and specializes in osteopathic manipulative therapy.

At a glance

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Neurosciences Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Freitag accepts

Dr. Freitag accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Freitag treats your condition or procedure

• Chronic Pain
  • Confusion
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Torticollis
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

Dr. Freitag's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Freitag?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Freitag

2.4

Dr. Freitag?
Dr. Freitag's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD
I was a patient of Dr Freitag from 1989 until he left the Diamond Headache Clinic when Dr Merle Diamond ascended to Director upon her father's retirement. Dr. Freitag is among the very best doctors, of any type, I have encountered in the 52 years since I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Dr. Freitag moves on from one treatment plan to another without leaving you floundering on a medication that's not working. He also does not rely heavily on the medical history from other doctors who have been unsuccessful in helping. I appreciate that he is extremely knowledgeable not only in the area of headache but medicine across the board. He has always been extremely polite, very proper, and efficient. I've never had an appointment with him that was a waste of time or that was discourteous. I did get the impression that he had high expectations of his staff and he referred me to others on staff for physical therapy, psychology, dietary consult, etc. He is 5 out of 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?
From the start of my appointment Dr. Freitag was nasty, arrogant and insensitive to my needs. I had a lengthy health history form I completed and was shocked when Dr. Freitag set down the form in front of me and complained that I didn't complete 2 pages. I told him I had a vision impairment so I could have missed the pages if they were stuck together and offered to complete the form right away, but he said in a sarcastic manner "it's too late now"! As my appointment went on I said to myself that he couldn't possibly have the same demeanor throughout my assessment. He intimidated me so much that I am not even sure if I answered questions correctly. He became inpatient when I had to think about an answer to his question and ordered a medication I didn't want. My PCP actually referred me to a neurologist outside of his medical group after sharing my experience with him. I would characterize him as being verbally abusive to summarize my experience with him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?
Dr. Freitag was extremely rude and insensitive to my pain when I said he was hurting me. He was rude to my family members and snapped at them during the appointment and he made us feel very uncomfortable. Afterwards his nurse and medical assistant recommended a different neurologist in Froedert for us to see because they said almost all of his patients feel the same way and he is difficult to even work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?
Worst bedside manner ever. He refused to give me anything like an abortive to stop the pain. Told me to go talk to a phycologist. Gets angry and aggressive quickly, I would not recommend him whatsoever. I think he thinks Migraine is all your head and it must be because of past trauma. I wonder why he does not work at the Diamond headache clinic anymore, Fired? Seriously, stay away if you have serious migraines.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?
Dr Freitag seems to know what he's doing, however his beside manner makes me dread my appts. ( I cont to go to him due to my insurance- my former dr moved out of state) He can be condescending and is not compassionate at all. For someone who specializes in migraine treatment he doesn't seem to care that you have 15 a month and spend half of your life in bed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?
Dr. Freitag was able to help me decrease the frequency of my headaches and migraines, however his patient care is horrible. He didn't seem interested in listening to my concerns, and his attitude made me feel uncomfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Freitag, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Freitag?

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Brentwood Hospital
1979
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University
1979

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Freitag treats patients.

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• Neurosciences Excellence Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)