Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 51

Dr. Buechel Jr

Robotic Joint Center

737 Park Ave Apt 1c New York, NY 10021

Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Penn State in 1991 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, hip & knee orthopedics, and more.

Dr. Buechel Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Buechel Jr

Dr. Buechel Jr?
Dr. Buechel Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD
Great experience! The partial knee replacement Dr. Buechel recommended was much less invasive than a full replacement. My original doctor had recommended full knee replacements. After suffering for quite a long time, I got two new opinions and both were that I was a candidate for a partial replacement. I am so glad the I chose Dr. Buechel. He is an excellent surgeon! The service and attention throughout the process was excellent. HIs team is helpful and friendly.. I had a medial partial knee replacement on both knees done 5 weeks apart. They were ambulatory surgeries and I walked out of the hospital on the same day. The first knee has healed perfectly with a very small incision of about 2.5 inches (it's been only 5 weeks). The second surgery went smoothly. I had xrays and a pre-operation visit on Monday, surgery on Tuesday, post-op visit on Wednesday and am flying home to Mexico tomorrow, on Thursday. I can't believe that I waited so long to do the procedures! I also
K. M. D. L. – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
Half the experience is having a doctor with bedside manner. I felt Dr. Buechel made my experience relaxing. He made me feel safe and really cared. He was more concerned about my health then anything else. He was never in a hurry if I had a question. He called me personally and told me to call anytime. The staff is equally caring and gave me all the time i needed.
P. T. – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
Dr. Buechel took the time to explain all the details in my diagnosis and what my next conservative approach would be for a healthy knee. I now feel comfortable making my decision on moving forward now and in the future.
Karen B. – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
From the moment I reached out to Dr Buechels office his assistant made us feel comfortable and was amazing scheduling the exams and coordinating the trip. Once we arrived in NY our appointments, hospital admission, surgery and follow up worked like clockwork. Dr Buechel explained the procedure and was very detailed, he spent over an hour making us feel comfortable with the procedure and what to expect post surgery. His bedside manners and professionalism are exemplar. We went home 6 hours after the outpatient surgery as scheduled walking with a walker. He is an amazing surgeon with gifted hands!
Sara C. – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
From my first time on the phone with Tom (office Manager), till now, 2 weeks post op I have had the most wonderful experience! All of my fear and concerns faded away after having an in depth conversation with Dr. Buechel. He answered all of my questions and fully described what I should expect. My recovery has been going very well and I believe it is because the doctor has trully perfected his technique to an art form! Having a total knee replacement can be scary but after meeting the doctor and Tom you will know you are in the right place. That peace puts you in the right frame of mind for the surgery.
Denise P. – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
100% confident he is the doctor to do my partial knee replacement, really listened to all my issues/concerns and answered all to my satisfaction
Deborah W. – Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
I came in with a new problem that had me very worried and anxious. Dr Buechel could not be more reassuring and knowledgeable. After a thorough examination, he spent an unlimited amount of time discussing his recommendations & treatment. He is very personable and easy to talk to. I left feeling much better about my issue and confident that with his treatment plan, I will be feeling better in no time. 2 years ago I had a Partial Robotic Knee replacement and I chose Dr Buechel because of his expertise in robotic knee replacement. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The whole process was very easy. Dr Buechel and his staff were there EVERY step of the way throughout the planning and post-surgery process. They created a stress free environment and were always available to answer questions. I am overjoyed I had the surgery as I feel I have my life back. NO pain since surgery. I recommend Dr Buechel to ANYONE who needs partial or total knee replacement. He is second to none!!!
D. M. – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
Dr. Buechel has been nothing short of exceptional all around. He made himself available for any and all questions before and after my surgery and well as through my recovery period. He explains everything in detail. I have full confidence in his professional opinion and skill. Thank you.
Fran R. – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?
Dr. Buechel's professionalism, patient interaction and care is unparalleled. I have never met a doctor so willing to explain the procedure and so caring. HIs passion for modern medicine is undeniable. His staff also deserves as much credit as the doctor. So friendly. So efficient. So helpful. They should give lessons in healthcare office management.
Jorge G. in Astoria, NY – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Buechel Jr?

Frederick Buechel Jr MD is one of New York's Top Orthopaedic Knee Surgeons and an internationally renowned, American Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon, who was Fellowship Trained in knee and hip joint replacement at the University of Pennsylvania i...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics