Dr. Fred A. Sweet, MD

Dr. Fred A. Sweet, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Rockford Spine Center Limited 2902 McFarland Rd Ste 300, Rockford, IL 61107 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Sweet specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Rockford, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Sweet? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Sweet's Experience

See how Dr. Sweet's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sweet

Dr. Sweet accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sweet has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Sweet's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sweet to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sweet
Dr. Sweet's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (154)
in Genoa, IL |
I found Dr. Sweet to be knowledgeable and caring. He explained everything thoroughly and made sure you were comfortable with everything. He corrected a very painful condition and returned my life to me! The diagnosis was quick, and the surgery was successful. To wake up with "that" pain gone was wonderful. I am so thankful that my friends directed me to Rockford Spine Clinic and Dr. Sweet. I will forever by grateful to him and I highly recommend him to all.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sweet was great from the 1st time I meet him until I got thee okkee dokee to go back to work.
in Dixon, IL |
I can't say enough about my experience with Dr. Sweet, his PA, Sean Soare, and his whole staff. This being my second surgery in 9 years with Dr. Sweet, I would recommend him and the Rockford Spine Center to anyone and everyone. Dr. Sweet, is kind, compassionate, professional, and thorough. Both surgeries were 100% successful, and to the extent of sounding cliche'-ish, I feel like my life was given back to me - he and his staff are a true God-send.
in Rockford, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone who has back pain. I needed back surgery and Dr. Sweet and his staff explained everything to me and were there after the surgery as well. I always received a call back within a short amount of time whenever I had a question post surgery. Thank you Dr. Sweet and your staff for taking such good care of me. My back pain is gone and I can start to enjoy my life again. I only wish that I had come to you sooner.
in Ottawa, Il |
I was referred to Dr. Sweet by a friend who recently had surgery done by him. I was suffering from scoliosis which had progressively gotten worse over the past three months. I was at the point where I could barely walk with a walker. Dr. Sweet clearly explained what the surgery and recovery would entail. He showed compassion and patience and I never felt rushed. The surgery was successful and now I'm into 7 weeks post-op. I feel as if Dr. Sweet gave me my life back. He's the best!
in Belvidere, IL |
Dr. Sweet provided me with a quick and accurate diagnosis. At my initial consultation, I immediately felt very comfortable that I was in good hands, and felt he was very caring and sincere. I am so thankful I was referred to him for my cervical spine surgery. He was spoke thoroughly about what to expect with the surgery and the possible outcomes. Post surgery, I feel great and am pain free. I am very grateful to Dr. Sweet for skill, compassion and honesty.
in Winnebago, IL |
Expert in his field. Explains diagnosis and procedure extremely well, has excellent follow-up skills. Dr. Sweet is everything one would want a Doctor to be. He is at the top of his game!!!
in Mendota, IL |
Dr. Sweet is amazing!!!! Very professional, caring, funny and to the point kinda Dr which is very important. Not only did he make my surgery go exceptionally well he made my stay very comfortable. His funny and kind words also helped me to become smoke free. Hoping that i would never need an orthopedic surgeon again its a wonderful feeling knowing I have him at the top of my list. Thank you again Dr Sweet.
in Durand, IL |
I had cervical spine surgery by Dr. Sweet on April 2lst of this year. Just had my 6 week follow-up yesterday. I am so happy with the results and can do everything I used to do! He is the best spine surgeon ever!!!
in Ottawa, IL |
After experiencing pain and spasms for over two months due to a herniated disc laying on a nerve I was so relieved to be pain free after surgery. Dr. Fred Sweet came highly recommended to me for both his surgical skills and his caring treatment of his patients. I was very impressed and pleased with him as well as the staff of the Rockford Spine Clinic and have recommended him to several people who are searching for a spinal surgeon.
in Spring Valley, IL |
Dr. Sweet was very straight forward with me and was able to help me when other doctors were not. I was very confident in his abilities.
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr. Sweet did surgery on my neck for ruptured disks. He is amazing, and a fantastic surgeon.
in South Beloit Illinois |
Dr Sweet did a lumbar fusion on me Feb 23rd. I am 6 weeks post op today. Dr says im healing like crazy. My nerve pain is almost none to any at all. My S1L5 surgery has had a great outcome so far! He is a wonderful surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone! Very personable, Great bedside manner, very knowlegable and a very experienced spine surgeon!
in Roscoe, IL |
14 years ago Dr. Sweet did a reconstruct/fusion on my broken vertebrae and everything went very well and I was back to work in 7 wks. Dr. Sweet even diagnosed back then that someday I would have a problem with spinal stenosis. About a year and half ago I started to have some pain again and I waited until It was wearing me out . He got me in right away and fixed it. I was walking two hours out of recovery and had very little pain. I will recommend him to anyone.
in Freeport, IL |
Dr. Sweet is one of the most kind and courteous doctors I have ever met. He values you as a patient. He understands that we all have worth and he wants us to be able to live a good quality life. He was able to work with me and in my time constraints to get me on the road to good health. His staff was amazing. He is a God send for sure and a blessing to medicine. I feel 100% better and my surgery could not have gone better. Thank you to Dr. Sweet and his awesome team. A+ !
in Rockford, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Sweet to any of my family and friends. He made sure that I was comfortable with my diagnosis and treatments and understood what my options were. He shows great concern for his patients well being. I was treated with the utmost respect.
in Rockford, IL |
After physical therapy failed to correct the disc problem, Dr. Sweet laid out a plan of action that included outpatient surgery. He was able to get me in very quickly and I was pain free that evening. After all these years of dealing with the health care industry, I've never had a doctor take so much time to explain things, let alone pray with me before surgery. 2 thumbs up from me and a lifelong referral to others.
in Davis Junction, IL |
My appointment was for Dr. Sweet whom I never saw. Ended up seeing one of his Physician Assistants. Nothing against Physician Assistants. I was referred by another doctor to see Dr. Sweet. I ended up getting a second opinion and was amazed by how much more thorough that Dr. was in explaining the problem and corrective action.
in Rockford, IL |
Doctor Fred sweet is a life saver he was the second opinion I received .Boy am I glad I did he saved me from unnecessary surgery witch cut my recovery time in have.Recovery from Out patient surgery was short and the pain was minimal I never needed any pain medicine after coming home. All in All if you are told you need a fusion always get a second opinion because you mite not need it . I highly recommend Doctor Fred Sweet and his staff AAA+++
in 61301 |
very accommodating got us in immediately, scheduled the surgery. was very thorough and professional. would go back in s second
in Mt. Morris Il. |
i was very pleased with everything
Have you seen Dr. Fred A. Sweet, MD?
Are you Dr. Sweet?

Compare Dr. Sweet

Orthopedic Surgery
Rockford, IL 61107

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sweet's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Rush Medical College Of Rush University

Graduated in 1991

Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus
    Naval Med Center San Diego
    Washington U/b Jh/slch Conc

Dr. Sweet has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sweet does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sweet and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Sweet's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Sweet

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Sweet's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Sweet

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients