Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Fred Sweet, MD
Dr. Fred Sweet, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Sweet is affiliated with Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Memorial Hospital, CGH Medical Center and SwedishAmerican Hospital.

2902 McFarland Rd Ste 300

Rockford, IL 61107

Learn about Dr. Sweet

Dr. Sweet's Experience

Dr. Sweet's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus
  • Naval Med Center San Diego
  • Washington U/B Jh/Slch Conc

Dr. Sweet has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sweet does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sweet and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sweet's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sweet to family and friends
Dr. Sweet's Performance
in Dixon, IL |
I was referred to Dr Sweet by several of my friends who had successful surgeries by Dr Sweet. I have had back pain for over 10 years and decided it was time to have it fixed. I saw Dr. sweet who was one of the most pleasant Doctors I have met, and I have worked in the healthcare industry for over 30 years. He was very gracious and had recommended I do everything I could to try and help relieve the pain and wanted surgery to be the last resort. I told him if I need surgery than lets just do it be
Rockford, IL |
He did the surgery on my 11 year old's back. Not only did he do a fabulous job with the surgery, he and his staff did an outstanding job of easing our anxiety and explaining what to expect throughout the process. He genuinely cares for his patients.
in Lena IL |
I was referred to Dr. Sweet by my long time rheumatologist. I found Dr. Sweet and all of his staff to be very caring and knowledgeable. Once they had my records I was called and successfully scheduled. The scheduler was very pleasant and explained that I would first meet with a PA Sean Soare who works closely with Dr. Sweet. I found both men to be wonderful to work with and so good at explaining what could be done to help my condition. Absolutely, I would recommend them to anyone!
in Milwaukee, WI |
Dr Sweet completely fixed my terrible sciatic nerve pain, which I suffered from for over a year. His surgical technique in performing a microdiscectomy was flawless. I felt great immediately after surgery and couldn't believe how small the incision was. I was back to work in 3 days and have felt fantastic ever since. Dr Sweet was also very kind, caring, compassionate and funny. I drove an hour and a half to see him and I would have driven 10 hours, because he was more than worth it!
in Morrison, IL |
Dr. Sweet gave you a feeling of confidence in his skill and his medical opinion. He listened to me describe my symptoms and pain level and took time to explain what was causing my problem and the options available for treatment. He was very kind and prior to surgery took time to pray with us. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone seeking help for a spinal problem. His staff was also very helpful, friendly, and accommodating when scheduling my appointments.
Oak Lawn, IL |
Excellent care, excellent Doctor. Very very happy with all the staff at the Rockford Spine Center. The MRI people on the first floor, the pain management people on the third and the Rockford Spine Center on the second. I could not say one negative thing about anything. I came in with excruciating back, butt and leg pain. They were all very compassionate and understanding. I underwent surgery and got my life back. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY.
in Rural Dixon, Il. |
Dr. Sweet was a fantastic Dr. I felt very comfortable with his explanations of what was going to occur, he spent more time with me than any other doctor I've ever been around, great physician!
Sandwich, IL |
I'm extremely happy with the care I was given. I was very nervous going into this procedure. Dr. Sweet put me at ease has a really good bedside manner and good sense of humor which helps me a lot. thanks again I'm feeling great.
in Stillman Valley, IL |
My experience with Dr. Sweet was excellent. I would recommend him to family & friend. He made me feel very comfortable. I knew he was the right doctor for me.
Alexis, IL |
Dr. Sweet was recommended by several family friends. His office is over 2.5 hours away, but due to his reputation, I chose to see him. He gave me several options, gave me his opinions and let me decide what was best for me based on his recommendations. I farm, and unfortunately, the pain from the herniated disc became unbearable during harvest. I called and he got me in for surgery the same week. I had surgery on Friday with immediate relief and was back in the tractor on Monday.
in Rockford, IL |
Excellent reputation. The laminectomy he performed caused immediate and complete relief of my sciatica. Very calm, caring demeanor. The reason for the wait time is that my follow-up appointment was the day after he was away from the office for a week, so he was running 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. Wait times for the other appointments was < 15 minutes. I'd return to him in a heartbeat if the need arises.
Durand, IL |
I am so thankful that I was given Dr. Sweets name for my neck and shoulder pain. He was very thorough and made me feel really comfortable with my options. I was in a lot of pain and he moved forward with my surgical needs very quickly. I am several weeks post surgery and everything is going as expected. He was very professional yet calming. I would recommend him to anyone I know. Thank you!!
in Rockford, IL |
I can't say enough about Dr Sweet's staff, especially Kaitlin, whom scheduled all my pre-surgical tests and verified my appointments, told me where to be , when to be there, and did all the insurance billing and no hassle for me at all!
in Winnebago, Il |
Dr. Sweet was an exceptional doctor and I am now pain free thanks to Dr. Sweet, he goes above and beyond in caring for his patients would highly recommend him for back pain.
De Forest, WI |
Very good at what he does.
in Pecatonica, IL |
Dr. Sweet and his staff really made it easy from start to finish for surgery. I couldn't have asked for better results. I would highly recommend Dr. Sweet for any spine issues you may have. Thanks again Dr. sweet!!!
in Rockford, IL |
What a wonderful Dr. Hard Dr to get into but worth the wait !! The day I went to see him we wnt over my problem and about 48 hours later I had Out Patient Surgury and feeling 100% better when I came too!! Idid what he said and I'm feeling great !! Thanks so much Dr Fred Sweet you are a Great so happy to have such a caring Doc
in Ladd,Ill |
Dr .Sweet & staff were very nice, informative & helpful . On the day of my surgery I felt very at ease with all of staff & It was very comforting to have a prayer said by Dr Sweet right before surgery.inhave highly recommend Dr Sweet & staff.
in Dixon, IL |
Dr. Fred A Sweet is very personable in his talk with you, shows you what is wrong, explains what would need to be done and then asks if you want to have it done. He sees you in the hospital before the surgery and then the next morning after the surgery. Answers questions and explains it to you in a way that you can understand. Followup appointment six weeks after the surgery was very informative. I would recommend him as a doctor if you have a herniated disc or with your vertebrae problems
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sweet did my back surgery and before surgery he came into my room and prayed over me. Needless to say I was very greatful I did not expect it.He has excellent bed side manner and listens to what you say and doesn't rush your appointment. I highly recommend him.
in Harvard Illinois |
Doctor Sweet is amazing. I had no complications what so ever. I referred him to my sister and she is having surgery in March 2017, two other specialists told her that they couldn't operate on her.
in Rockford, IL |
He is a very caring man with a bit of humor to ease the comfort of what's coming up. My family that was there for the consultation was impressed with his answers to all questions. At the hospital he made me feel completely OK with heading down the hall to surgery. He really knows how to make his patients and family comfortable and confident. An awesome Doctor.
in La Salle, IL |
Dr. Sweet ,Sean and the whole staff at Rockford Spine Center where just great. Very professional and put me at ease about having surgery . I had a great outcome from my fusion surgery. I was able to go back to work after 6 weeks and feel great. No pain! I have recommended Dr. Sweet and the Rockford Spine Center to several people already who are looking for a spine surgeon.
in Genoa, IL |
I found Dr. Sweet to be knowledgeable and caring. He explained everything thoroughly and made sure you were comfortable with everything. He corrected a very painful condition and returned my life to me! The diagnosis was quick, and the surgery was successful. To wake up with "that" pain gone was wonderful. I am so thankful that my friends directed me to Rockford Spine Clinic and Dr. Sweet. I will forever by grateful to him and I highly recommend him to all.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sweet was great from the 1st time I meet him until I got thee okkee dokee to go back to work.
in Dixon, IL |
I can't say enough about my experience with Dr. Sweet, his PA, Sean Soare, and his whole staff. This being my second surgery in 9 years with Dr. Sweet, I would recommend him and the Rockford Spine Center to anyone and everyone. Dr. Sweet, is kind, compassionate, professional, and thorough. Both surgeries were 100% successful, and to the extent of sounding cliche'-ish, I feel like my life was given back to me - he and his staff are a true God-send.
in Rockford, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone who has back pain. I needed back surgery and Dr. Sweet and his staff explained everything to me and were there after the surgery as well. I always received a call back within a short amount of time whenever I had a question post surgery. Thank you Dr. Sweet and your staff for taking such good care of me. My back pain is gone and I can start to enjoy my life again. I only wish that I had come to you sooner.
in Ottawa, Il |
I was referred to Dr. Sweet by a friend who recently had surgery done by him. I was suffering from scoliosis which had progressively gotten worse over the past three months. I was at the point where I could barely walk with a walker. Dr. Sweet clearly explained what the surgery and recovery would entail. He showed compassion and patience and I never felt rushed. The surgery was successful and now I'm into 7 weeks post-op. I feel as if Dr. Sweet gave me my life back. He's the best!
in Belvidere, IL |
Dr. Sweet provided me with a quick and accurate diagnosis. At my initial consultation, I immediately felt very comfortable that I was in good hands, and felt he was very caring and sincere. I am so thankful I was referred to him for my cervical spine surgery. He was spoke thoroughly about what to expect with the surgery and the possible outcomes. Post surgery, I feel great and am pain free. I am very grateful to Dr. Sweet for skill, compassion and honesty.
in Winnebago, IL |
Expert in his field. Explains diagnosis and procedure extremely well, has excellent follow-up skills. Dr. Sweet is everything one would want a Doctor to be. He is at the top of his game!!!
in Mendota, IL |
Dr. Sweet is amazing!!!! Very professional, caring, funny and to the point kinda Dr which is very important. Not only did he make my surgery go exceptionally well he made my stay very comfortable. His funny and kind words also helped me to become smoke free. Hoping that i would never need an orthopedic surgeon again its a wonderful feeling knowing I have him at the top of my list. Thank you again Dr Sweet.
in Durand, IL |
I had cervical spine surgery by Dr. Sweet on April 2lst of this year. Just had my 6 week follow-up yesterday. I am so happy with the results and can do everything I used to do! He is the best spine surgeon ever!!!
in Ottawa, IL |
After experiencing pain and spasms for over two months due to a herniated disc laying on a nerve I was so relieved to be pain free after surgery. Dr. Fred Sweet came highly recommended to me for both his surgical skills and his caring treatment of his patients. I was very impressed and pleased with him as well as the staff of the Rockford Spine Clinic and have recommended him to several people who are searching for a spinal surgeon.
in Spring Valley, IL |
Dr. Sweet was very straight forward with me and was able to help me when other doctors were not. I was very confident in his abilities.
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr. Sweet did surgery on my neck for ruptured disks. He is amazing, and a fantastic surgeon.
in South Beloit Illinois |
Dr Sweet did a lumbar fusion on me Feb 23rd. I am 6 weeks post op today. Dr says im healing like crazy. My nerve pain is almost none to any at all. My S1L5 surgery has had a great outcome so far! He is a wonderful surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone! Very personable, Great bedside manner, very knowlegable and a very experienced spine surgeon!
in Roscoe, IL |
14 years ago Dr. Sweet did a reconstruct/fusion on my broken vertebrae and everything went very well and I was back to work in 7 wks. Dr. Sweet even diagnosed back then that someday I would have a problem with spinal stenosis. About a year and half ago I started to have some pain again and I waited until It was wearing me out . He got me in right away and fixed it. I was walking two hours out of recovery and had very little pain. I will recommend him to anyone.
in Freeport, IL |
Dr. Sweet is one of the most kind and courteous doctors I have ever met. He values you as a patient. He understands that we all have worth and he wants us to be able to live a good quality life. He was able to work with me and in my time constraints to get me on the road to good health. His staff was amazing. He is a God send for sure and a blessing to medicine. I feel 100% better and my surgery could not have gone better. Thank you to Dr. Sweet and his awesome team. A+ !
in Rockford, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Sweet to any of my family and friends. He made sure that I was comfortable with my diagnosis and treatments and understood what my options were. He shows great concern for his patients well being. I was treated with the utmost respect.
in Rockford, IL |
After physical therapy failed to correct the disc problem, Dr. Sweet laid out a plan of action that included outpatient surgery. He was able to get me in very quickly and I was pain free that evening. After all these years of dealing with the health care industry, I've never had a doctor take so much time to explain things, let alone pray with me before surgery. 2 thumbs up from me and a lifelong referral to others.
in Davis Junction, IL |
My appointment was for Dr. Sweet whom I never saw. Ended up seeing one of his Physician Assistants. Nothing against Physician Assistants. I was referred by another doctor to see Dr. Sweet. I ended up getting a second opinion and was amazed by how much more thorough that Dr. was in explaining the problem and corrective action.
in Rockford, IL |
Doctor Fred sweet is a life saver he was the second opinion I received .Boy am I glad I did he saved me from unnecessary surgery witch cut my recovery time in have.Recovery from Out patient surgery was short and the pain was minimal I never needed any pain medicine after coming home. All in All if you are told you need a fusion always get a second opinion because you mite not need it . I highly recommend Doctor Fred Sweet and his staff AAA+++
in 61301 |
very accommodating got us in immediately, scheduled the surgery. was very thorough and professional. would go back in s second
in Mt. Morris Il. |
i was very pleased with everything
Have you seen Dr. Fred Sweet, MD?
Are you Dr. Sweet?