Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeryMaleAge 64

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist in Gainesville, GA and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Washington University / College of Dental Medicine in 1984. He is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD

Gainesville Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

1221 Sherwood Park Dr NE Ste C Gainesville, GA 30501

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Simonton's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Jaw Tumor
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Simple Tooth Extractions

Dr. Simonton accepts

Dr. Simonton accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO
Dental

Dr. Simonton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Simonton

3.4

ZERO STARS The staff portray an attitude of hating their job and life in general. Everything they say seems very scripted and void of any type of care or actual concern for the patient. When I pulled around back to pick up my son after his wisdom teeth were removed I was immediately horrified at what I saw. He was sobbing with tears, barely able to stand due to side effects of the medication, and blood running from his mouth trembling due to being so cold. UNACCEPTABLE As a mom, I was horrified and angry! As a healthcare professional I was dumbfounded and angry as well! They should have taken the extra 10-15 minutes to get the bleeding a bit more under control, brought out napkins to help with the bleeding from his mouth, and had him in a wheelchair to ensure basic patient safety. Basic patient care goes a long way! It's the complete lack of actual patient care that has me so angry! FIND A DOCTOR AND STAFF WHO CARE Patient interaction and follow up do not exist here!
Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
just nowNEW Dr. Simonton is such a good doctor. He is very thorough and explains things very precisely and thoughtfully. He listened carefully to me, and I like that he gets to the point and doesn't beat around the bush. He really impressed me and my husband. I have alot of respect for him. I will be coming back to him if and when I ever need him again. Also his staff was so sweet and very business like. Over all a very good visit and nice experience. ??
Michelle Pritchett – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Don’t bother scheduling here! New patient appointment, waited OVER 2 hours IN THE WAITING room, they tell me the dentist didn’t send the X-ray...no it’s in their junk folder. No explanation or idea when we might be seen and after 2 hours, left. Ridiculous. I work in the healthcare industry and the concept that “he’s running behind, we don’t know when” just doesn’t cut it. Save your time and money and find somewhere else where they’ll treat you like a human being.
Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
URGENT WARNING!!!! ???? Please read everything it could save you or your child!! My daughter got all 4 of her wisdom teeth removed, they poked her trying to give her the injection for anesthesia 4 times, since they couldn’t find her vain. She still has bruises till this day. She woke up during the surgery and felt the pain. Dr. Siminton is a very arrogant man. He said she did perfectly well and to not call again since she did really good! They did not check up on her or call us back. The first 2 days after her surgery, she was doing well. The 3rd day and so on, the nightmare began. She was in severe pain. She vomited everything she ate and drank. She couldn’t retain anything. I called them to inform what was occurring. They told me “to do whatever I had to do” I was on my own. Dr. Siminton also prescribed the wrong medicine. My daughter had a seizure!! I had to call 911 because she stopped breathing! My eldest daughter had to perform CPR on her.
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Absolutely rude staff!!! They lie to your face Dr. Siminton said I looked “perfectly fine.” when I clearly had a dry socket. I had to let him know for them to do something about it. I’m still in pain from my wisdom teeth removal! It’s been 10 days since the surgery, I had all 4 removed. After 2 days prior to the surgery, I was in severe pain. I vomited everything I ate and drank. The pain medicine he prescribed was not the right one! I had to go to the ER because I had a seizure!!! My sister had to perform CPR on me!!! I had to get fluids in me and an IV. I do not recommend this place!!! They do not help you! They just want your money! 0 stars
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
I really wish zero stars was an option. This place should be SHUT DOWN! if you read any of these reviews, trust what they say because i can assure you they are true. never have i ever been to a place with the most unprofessional customer service in my life. they have no communication skills with their patients, lie straight to your face and say the most mean and hurtful things. I was told in the end of all the mess that she would give me my refund just so she can "get rid of me." this was said to me on a three-way conference with my insurance provider. so thank god i have a witness. what on gods green earth gives any employee the right to talk to a customer/patient that way? bottom line, take your money elsewhere!
anonymous – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Went to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed and the customer service was HORRIBLE. The staff was extremely rude and made me seem like a burden during my surgery! The ladies that work there have no manners and Dr.Simonton seems distant. Made me feel like I did not matter at all. The surgery went well but the staff absolutely ruined my experience.
GAINESVILLE, GA – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Wow. I can't believe anyone could have anything bad to say about Dr. Simonton. I found him to be very courteous and friendly, but more importantly, his skills are excellent. I had a complex procedure, and he did a great job. My dentists have always commented that whoever did my implant did a great job. No complaints about the staff, either.
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Excellent Surgeon. Very skilled. Repaired my severely damaged jaw with no visible scarring and little post op pain. Staff was friendly and knowletas well.
Sissy in Demorest , GA – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
How is this doctor still in practice? The staff is horrible! Be ready for psychological visits because he will send you to his buddy $$ before doing surgery, but you will actually need the visits after surgery! I was mentally traumatized by the doc and staff. Doc told me he was the only one in NE Ga who could do the surgery.. LIE! I still owe over $2,000.00 because his staff is not educated on how to file insurance and will expect you to do their job! Horror stories are now arising from others!
Buford, GA – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Dr simonton is rude, arrogant and cares little about the patients or their schedule. He will do nothing to accommodate people on a work schedule. On my appointment I wasted a vacation day and he talked to me less than 5 mins. He saw I didn't approve and said "bummer "
Phillip strickland in Gainesville , GA – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Dr. Simonton and his staff are second to none.
Connie Spivey in Oakwood, GA – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Very professional. I felt Dr. Simonton was honest and straightforward. Also they do an excellent job of what to expect and what to expect for the after care. My son had 4 wisdom teeth removed.
Angie in Gainesville, GA – Aug 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
I brought my daughter here to have her wisdom teeth extracted. She was very nervous, but at the consultation, Dr. Simonton allowed her to voice her concerns. He wrote her a prescription to help her relax to take before we got to the office for the day of her surgery. He also told her he could put her to sleep so she would be most comfortable. She felt relieved after talking to him. The day of the surgery we were only there for less than an hour. Thank you for taking good care of my daughter
Amy in Jefferson, GA – Apr 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?
Being a resident of Rabun Co. (58 miles away), I stopped into Dr. Simonton's office for the purpose of setting up an appt. for consultation of a wisdom tooth extraction. The receptionist suggested that they could see me in the p.m. When I saw Dr. Simonton, he suggested that I was willing to wait, and be worked in, he could extract the wisdom tooth the same afternoon. He worked me in quickly. I appreciate Dr. Simonton and his entire staff for their consideration of my time. I recommend him.
Arnold B. Comer in Clayton, Ga. – Mar 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Fred Simonton, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Simonton?