Dr. Fred S. Shessel, MD

Dr. Fred S. Shessel, MD

Urology | Male | 68 years old

Dr. Shessel specializes in Urology and practices in Atlanta, GA. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Shessel? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Shessel's Experience

See how Dr. Shessel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shessel

Dr. Shessel accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shessel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Shessel
Dr. Shessel's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
Cumming, GA |
I would reccomend Dr. Shessel at GA Urology for he following reasons: -Easy to schedule urgent appointments -Never have to wait at my appointments -Fast diagnosis and treatment of my condition -Always answers questions thoroughly
in Atlanta, GA |
Knowledgeable, good communicator (explains procedures, diagnoses, and prognoses in ways that are easy to understand), takes time to answer all my questions and address my concerns.
in Roswell, GA |
I really like Dr. Shessel and his staff. They are easy going but efficient. Dr. Shessel himself has a very relaxed demeanor that is quite comfortable to be around but he knows his stuff. I've been dealing with urinary tract issues my entire life so I know a lot about my condition. Dr. Shessel respects that and listens to me when I want to talk about different treatments, etc. That is pretty rare.
in Flowery Branch, GA 30542 |
Before deciding on Dr. Shessel as my surgeon for my operation I interviewed 2 other urologist. There was no doubt after my discussions with him that he was the most qualified and understood exactly how to approach the situation. My surgery went off without a hitch and to date I am very satisfied with the outcome. If I had known the operation and recovery was going to be this smooth and painless I would have had it done 2 years earlier! My experience Dr. Shessel is the best urologist in Atlanta!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the guy to see. Very knowledgeable and courteous. Wait time was minimal. I would highly recommend him.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I think Dr. Shessel is great doctor. He takes the time to explain things and his quality of care has been excellent. It's important to have trust in your doctor and that's how I've felt with Dr. Shessel. Two thumbs up!
Alpharetta, GA |
I recommend Dr. Schessel because of his experience, skill and bedside manner were all top notch. He accurately assessed my condition, sent me for the appropriate tests to confirm his diagnosis, and quickly scheduled the necessary surgery. This being my first surgery I can't really compare it to anything but I can say I had less discomfort than I was expecting which I believe was due to his skill. One thing to note, he prefers to give results face-to-face so don't waste time calling.
He's informative and makes sure you understand the process
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the best! I drive 3 hours to see him when needed! I have been a patient of his for over 6 years. He has helped tremendously with Interstitial Cystitis! Most days I don't even realize I have it! He is very kind, understanding, and supportive! Go see him for yourself!
in Atlanta, GA |
I felt very comfortable discussing my medical issues with Dr. Shessel. His assistants conducted themselves very professionally and met my needs.
in Atlanta, GA |
I personally think he is one of the best urologists I have ever known and I have seen many doctor in several states in my lifetime. He is on time, caring, and is interested in the health of his patients! This practice is the best in Atlanta!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is a very competent and personable physician. When I have a question during my visit, he takes time to provide an answer in layman's terms -- I appreciate that.
in Woodstock, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shessel for more than 10 years. I'm very satisfied with the level of professionalism and friendliness of everyone in his office. Hearing about treatment options and availability of new tests is very important to me and shows that Dr. Shessel is in forefront of patient care.
in Dawsonville, GA |
I have been his patient for more than 12 years. He is very professional in all his dealings. Has a deep concern for the patient's needs and concern. I live in a small town, and we now have other Urologist in the area, but I continue to make the 50 mile round trip because I have confidence in him and his staff
in Alpharetta, GA |
Very attentive and provided various options for treatment of condition.
in Roswell ga |
Great doctor, very satisfied with treatment
in Alpharetta GA |
As soon as I got to the Dr. Shessel's office the receptionist and nurse were very helpful as what to do. Dr Shessel came in around 2 minutes later Dr Shessel asked a few questioned then step out for an examination. I thought he would setup surgery and I would be off my feet with no lifting for 4 weeks instead he suggested An alternate where I may not have to have surgery. That was a shock but I was thankful for his confidence. This is a great doctor in my opinion
in Cumming Georgia |
I was incredibly uncomfortable having to go to a urologist, let alone a male, but Dr Shessel has been a great professional, a superb clinician and surgeon, and I highly recommend him. I wouldn't go anywhere else!
in Kennesaw, GA |
I've been going to Dr. Shessell for many years. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health care needs in the area of urology.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the best urologist I have seen. He provided outstanding care and was able to resolve my kidney stones within 2 days. I greatly appreciate his care, concern and professionalism as well as his staff providing excellent customer service.
Roswell, GA |
Dr Shessel always makes time to answer my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Fred S. Shessel, MD?
Are you Dr. Shessel?

Compare Dr. Shessel

Dr. Shessel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Balanoposthitis
  • Bladder Atony
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Polyuria
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

Yale University

Graduated in 1970

Grady Mem Hospital
    Jackson Mem Hosp/jackson Health

• French

Dr. Shessel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shessel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.