Urology  |
Dr. Fred Shessel, MD
Dr. Fred Shessel, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Shessel is affiliated with Northside Hospital.

5730 Glenridge Dr Ste 200

Atlanta, GA 30328

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Shessel

See how frequently Dr. Shessel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bladder Diseases
Urinary Disorders
Interstitial Cystitis

Dr. Shessel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Urology

Dr. Shessel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Balanoposthitis
  • Bedwetting
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Lithotripsy
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Yale University
    Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • Grady Mem Hospital
  • Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Health

Dr. Shessel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shessel has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Shessel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shessel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shessel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shessel to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Shessel's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Shessel is the BEST urologist bar none especially for women! I have spent most of my 66 years vexed by urinary related issues. I have been to many doctors in many states and have recommended out of state friends and relatives to Dr Shessel. The entire staff is professional and take very good care of your needs there.
Atlanta, GA |
The office is totally professional, as is Dr. Shessel. I highly recommend him, and I have been to many doctors of many different specialties.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is an amazing physician on so many levels. He is patient and answers any questions or concerns you have. He is kind and compassionate. Just by talking to him you know he knows his stuff. I like that Dr. Shessel has awesome bedside manner and you feel like a person and not just another patient each and every visit. I love his staff as well! Thank you for helping me for YEARS with my IC!
in Atlanta, GA |
I saw Dr. Shessel after 3 other physicians (not in his practice) insisted I simply had a stubborn infection. Dr. Shessel was the only one who actually listened to me, analyzed ALL my symptoms and ordered further testing (late on a Friday afternoon) to make an accurate diagnosis. The result: not an infection at all. Multiple blood clots in my lungs, which can be fatal. Dr. Shessel paid attention, thought critically, acted quickly and likely re-routed my outcome, for which i'll always be grateful.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Fred Shessel is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. He is understanding and listens to his Patients concerns and needs so to develop the best plan for resolution. He has had to perform several procedures on me over the years with great success. I have and continue to highly recommend Dr. Shessel to family and friends.
in Marietta, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Fred Shessel for several years and find him to be a very good listener in diagnosing my urological issues/concerns. If you are looking for a Urologist, I highly recommend Dr. Fred Shessel and his associates.
in Woodstock, GA |
I have been Dr. Shessel's patient since 2002 and find him knowledgeable, good communicator and current on latest methodologies and tests. Takes time to answer my questions and address my concerns. The office in Alpharetta is A1 as is the support personnel.
in Sandy Sprimgs, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shessel for the past 4 years. He and his staff are very professional and courteous. He is on time for his appointments.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr Shessel was very kind/considerate and helped expedite my treatment.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Shessel is an excellent Dr. He has an interest in his patients & will take the time to talk to the patient. I especially like the fact that there is no long waiting period to see the Dr. The office is the best run office I have ever visited.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the most compassionate doctor that I have had. I finally found a doctor that understands what I am going through. I highly recommend choosing Dr. Shessel.
Cumming, GA |
I would reccomend Dr. Shessel at GA Urology for he following reasons: -Easy to schedule urgent appointments -Never have to wait at my appointments -Fast diagnosis and treatment of my condition -Always answers questions thoroughly
in Atlanta, GA |
Knowledgeable, good communicator (explains procedures, diagnoses, and prognoses in ways that are easy to understand), takes time to answer all my questions and address my concerns.
in Roswell, GA |
I really like Dr. Shessel and his staff. They are easy going but efficient. Dr. Shessel himself has a very relaxed demeanor that is quite comfortable to be around but he knows his stuff. I've been dealing with urinary tract issues my entire life so I know a lot about my condition. Dr. Shessel respects that and listens to me when I want to talk about different treatments, etc. That is pretty rare.
in Flowery Branch, GA 30542 |
Before deciding on Dr. Shessel as my surgeon for my operation I interviewed 2 other urologist. There was no doubt after my discussions with him that he was the most qualified and understood exactly how to approach the situation. My surgery went off without a hitch and to date I am very satisfied with the outcome. If I had known the operation and recovery was going to be this smooth and painless I would have had it done 2 years earlier! My experience Dr. Shessel is the best urologist in Atlanta!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the guy to see. Very knowledgeable and courteous. Wait time was minimal. I would highly recommend him.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I think Dr. Shessel is great doctor. He takes the time to explain things and his quality of care has been excellent. It's important to have trust in your doctor and that's how I've felt with Dr. Shessel. Two thumbs up!
Alpharetta, GA |
I recommend Dr. Schessel because of his experience, skill and bedside manner were all top notch. He accurately assessed my condition, sent me for the appropriate tests to confirm his diagnosis, and quickly scheduled the necessary surgery. This being my first surgery I can't really compare it to anything but I can say I had less discomfort than I was expecting which I believe was due to his skill. One thing to note, he prefers to give results face-to-face so don't waste time calling.
He's informative and makes sure you understand the process
in Augusta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the best! I drive 3 hours to see him when needed! I have been a patient of his for over 6 years. He has helped tremendously with Interstitial Cystitis! Most days I don't even realize I have it! He is very kind, understanding, and supportive! Go see him for yourself!
in Dawsonville, GA |
I have been his patient for more than 12 years. He is very professional in all his dealings. Has a deep concern for the patient's needs and concern. I live in a small town, and we now have other Urologist in the area, but I continue to make the 50 mile round trip because I have confidence in him and his staff
in Alpharetta, GA |
Very attentive and provided various options for treatment of condition.
in Roswell ga |
Great doctor, very satisfied with treatment
in Alpharetta GA |
As soon as I got to the Dr. Shessel's office the receptionist and nurse were very helpful as what to do. Dr Shessel came in around 2 minutes later Dr Shessel asked a few questioned then step out for an examination. I thought he would setup surgery and I would be off my feet with no lifting for 4 weeks instead he suggested An alternate where I may not have to have surgery. That was a shock but I was thankful for his confidence. This is a great doctor in my opinion
in Cumming Georgia |
I was incredibly uncomfortable having to go to a urologist, let alone a male, but Dr Shessel has been a great professional, a superb clinician and surgeon, and I highly recommend him. I wouldn't go anywhere else!
in Kennesaw, GA |
I've been going to Dr. Shessell for many years. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health care needs in the area of urology.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Shessel is the best urologist I have seen. He provided outstanding care and was able to resolve my kidney stones within 2 days. I greatly appreciate his care, concern and professionalism as well as his staff providing excellent customer service.
Roswell, GA |
Dr Shessel always makes time to answer my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Shessel, MD?
Are you Dr. Shessel?