Dr. Fred Mo, MD

Dr. Fred Mo, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

MedStar Orthopaedic Institute 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Finding solutions for my patients.Read more

Dr. Mo's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mo has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Mo

Dr. Mo's Review Details
5 based on 31 responses
Experience with Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (26)
in Alexandria, VA |
Great recommendation with surgery results as expected, so far.
in Winchester, VA |
After many years of back pain and four previous surgeries, I was fortunate to find Dr. Mo. He is a caring and compassionate Doctor. He thoughtfully and carefully explained the details of surgery and recovery process. His office staff is very easy to deal with as well. Given my pain level Dr. Mo was able to move up my surgery six week! And his team has been very responsive to my questions and needs.
in Washington, DC |
I came in for a consultation with Dr. Mo in November of 2015, after a flare up in my neck caused by an injury due to a car accident. From the moment my husband and I met with Dr. Mo, we knew he was the best. An MRI showed that I had two herniated discs, and surgery would be the answer. He always put me at ease, the surgery itself was a breeze, he explained the process thoroughly and clearly, and I always knew I was in the best hands. The surgery was over in an hour and I went home the next day.
in Capitol Height, MD |
I would like to start out by saying that Dr. Mo, was excellent to me. He really listened to my concerns and addressed them accordingly. His genuine behavior was very calming. I am very appreciative to him for helping me with my health issue.
in Poolesville, MD |
Dr. Mo is far and away the best spine surgeon I have seen since developing severe, chronic back pain almost three years ago. He is dedicated to helping his patients get back to a maximum functional level. Today at my follow up, he not only thoroughly reviewed my latest MRI, he was able to set me up this morning for an interventional/ diagnostic injection at MedStar Spine Chevy Chase which was performed within the hour right there. Usually, this takes weeks to schedule.
in Washington, DC |
Amazing surgeon with incredible bedside manner. He did a fusion of 4 vertebrae and I was walking 4 miles a day within 2 weeks. he is very skilled but also very personable and he explains things n understandable terms. Medstar Georgetown was terrific on the whole.
in Gainesville, VA |
I needed scoliosis fusion which is not a simple surgery. Another orthopedic surgeon referred me to Dr. Mo as one of two surgeons in the area who specializes in this procedure. The surgery was quite successful and I am completely pain free. I developed other problems in the hospital (not related to the surgery) and Dr. Mo checked on me every day till I was discharged. He is very professional and instilled confidence in me and my husband. I am happy to refer anyone to him.
in Oakton VA 22124 |
Dr. Mo is a highly skilled Spine Surgeon. I had reservations about surgery because of a prior experience with a surgeon that would not answer all of my questions.Dr. Mo listened carefully and it became apparent after a comprehensive search that he was the Dr. I trusted to perform the fusion of L4&L5 and a laminectomy.I did not encounter any pain while in the hospital (discomfort yes, but no pain) I am 8 weeks from the operation and have zero pain and feel great. I was lucky to find Dr.Mo.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Mo is a very concerned and caring Doctor. He listened to every word I spoke related to my on going situation. After reviewing my exam & X-ray he looked at me and stated that he would take great care of me and he did just that. Dr. Mo's bedside manner is totally awesome.
in Solomons, MD |
Dr. Mo is one of the most kind, caring and skilled surgeons I have ever had. Dr. Mo performed my major spinal fusion March 2015. The surgery and recovery period proceeded so well with his care. I feel he has saved me from living the rest of my life in a wheel chair. I highly recommend him to other patients with any spine problems.
in Mechanicsville, MD |
I was very impressed with Dr Mo's friendly and concerned manner. He gave me his complete attention, patiently explained my medical issues, and invited me to contact him at any time him with questions or concerns about my condition or upcoming surgery. His kindness was exceptional, as is his reputation, and I feel fortunate to have engaged him as my surgeon.
in Arlington, VA |
I felt very at ease speaking with Dr. Mo. and his team from the start. They are personable, courteous, & manage a very efficient office Dr. Mo performed surgery on my back. I am very pleased with the results & feel fortunate to have had such a great team taking care of me (office staff as well as the clinicians). Thank you!
New York, NY |
Wonderful doctor, one of the best I have come across. I have had chronic back pain for years and the treatment plan and results I have had with Dr. Mo have been amazing.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Mo, MD?
Are you Dr. Fred Mo, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Mo

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Mo's Board Certifications

• Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

Tufts University

Hospital For Special Surgery

Completed in 2011

Tufts University

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Mo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Mo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mo

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mo's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Mo

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mo's Care Philosophy

Finding solutions for my patients.