Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD

• CoreSource
  • Gateway Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hamaty

Personal Bio

Dr. Hamaty is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. He was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. and has practiced dermatology in Western Pennsylvania since 1996. Dr. Hamaty received his undergraduate degree from Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania and his medical degree from the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 1992. His internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology were from 1992 to 1996 at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he served as the chief resident in the Department of Dermatology from 1995 to 1996.

Dr. Hamaty's Experience

Dr. Hamaty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Allegheny University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Pennsylvania State University / College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic Fndn

Dr. Hamaty has no media or publications listed.

• French

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • Pennsylvania Medical Society, Member
  • Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • Westmoreland County Medical Society, Member

Dr. Hamaty's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamaty to family and friends
Dr. Hamaty's Performance
Dr Hamaty is patient, caring, and best of all, knowledgeable.
in Apollo, PA |
Always a pleasure to see Dr. Hamaty. He is very thorough with his exams. He and his staff are always professional and courteous and I have recommended him to more than one of my friends. Also, always on time for appointments.
in Greensburg, PA |
Very pleasant and informed me of all my concerns. Protected my privacy. Staff well informed.
Irwin, PA |
Very thorough and ensures patient understands what is going on.
in Ligonier, PA |
Been seeing Dr. Hamaty yearly for years and will never miss a check up. He removes areas I don't even notice and they come back positive. Very thorough and professional. No doubt he will save my life again.
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
This was only my second visit to Dr. Hamaty. He clearly understood my problems and his treatment has (so far) been very effective. After more time working with Dr. Hamaty I may be able to increase my rating. He and his staff are professional and courteous.
Mount Pleasant, PA |
Technician attending with Dr. Hamaty was very curt and unfriendly.
in Belle Vernon, PA |
I have been to a few derm in my lifetime. I was terrified to go back, because it always been such a poor experience. My fears were unfounded. Dr Hamaty was quick, thorough, and precise. I recommend him to anyone that wants to know they were looked over and worked on by a courteous professional!
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever seen. He takes as much time as needed to make sure all areas of your body as searched for problems. I have recommended him to my friends and family.
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is a wonderful doctor for many reasons. First, he always takes the time to listen to what I am experiencing; asking questions when needed and addressing my concerns. He is always kind and easy to talk to. He is knowledgeable, thoughough and a doctor in whom I have total confidence. He has cared for me and other family members for years and I can recommend him without any reservation.
Uniontown, PA |
Dr. answered my questions. very helpful.
Good Appointment
in Latrobe PA |
Dr. Hamaty is wonderful. Very thorough and kind. I have had all three types of skin cancer and he has probably saved my life by catching areas in time. I recently took my special needs son to him for a skin check and he and his staff were wonderful. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Hamaty.
Greensburg, PA |
Dr Hamaty is always professional,knowledgeable, and efficient as well as polite and sociable. He treated my late father for years and due to that link with skin cancer I maintain my annual checkups. I would recommend him highly.
Excellent professional care
in North Huntingdon, PA |
Dr. Hamaty was friendly and had great bedside manners. He listened to all concerns I had and was thorough in explaining what his observations were, what the current recommended treatment is, and explained what future treatment options may be available. He was thorough in reviewing my medical history and applying it to his diagnosis and treatment plan. I was referred to Dr. Hamaty from a family member and I would recommend him to all my family and friends!
in Ligonier, Pa |
Dr. Hamaty was very thorough and explained things very well. Would highly recommend him to everyone
in Johnstown, PA |
My experience was better than expected and WAY ABOVE any experience I have had in Johnstown where I previously went
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is outstanding both in patient care and educating the patient about health concerns and remedies.
in Derry, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamaty for over 15 years. He is very courteous and professional man. I fully trust him with handling all matters related to the diagnosis and treatment of my skin.
New Florence, PA |
Very professional, friendly, and concerned. Very good office staff, and the last couple times I have been there, not much of a wait time. Good experience overall.
Blairsville, PA |
I found Dr. Hamaty very pleasant and thorough. Always gives good instruction and information. I have been a patient of his since he came to Greensburg.
would highly recommend
Irwin, PA |
Dr. Hamaty was very nice. He was patient and reassuring to my son who was nervous about seeing the dr and about the procedure he was going to need. I was provided the information I needed to understand what was going to be done on my son. Everyone in the office was very friendly as well.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Terrific person. Takes time to get to know you personally. Is very professional in his practice. Explains what he is doing and how you can protect yourself against skin cancer. Encourages you to call the office with any concerns. The medical profession can be proud of this gentleman. I have recommended him to my friends and acquaintances. A+ MD.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty ' s care is excellent. He is very thorough in his exams, explains things well, and answers questions. He is cautious about skin conditions, and treats them carefully.
Murrysville, PA |
As far as I know everything was perfect.
Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is a very kind and compassionate doctor. He puts his patients at ease and explains what he is doing and how patients can exercise self-care. Excellent doctor. My adult sons see Dr. Hamaty and feel very comfortable as well.
Latrobe, PA |
I've been going to Dr Hamaty for years. He is very very thorough with his exams. And very professional. I feel at ease with him & can call him with any concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a dermatologist.
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
Very kind... caring... patient man who genuinely cares about his patients...
in Delmont Pa |
Very personable, Dr makes me feel comfortable with his examination and he keeps me informed with everything he's doing and how he treats my problems, he's also very good with what to do to keep me up with prevention of problems that could occur in the future
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
Thorough and caring. I felt very comfortable during my exams and I had timely results. Dr Hamaty is caring and compassionate about his patients and was very thorough with the exam and also with his explanations on what he was about to do.
Greensburg, PA |
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning the best experience, I rate Dr. Hamaty a very firm 10.
in Ligonier PA |
Our family has been using Fred Hamaty for years. He is very thorough and has a great bedside manor. He and his staff are extremely helpful with getting medications at the best prices and providing samples.
in Greensburg, pa |
Dr hamaty is always thorough and very personable. Been ping to him for many years. Has taken great care of me. Obviously I highly recommend him
in Scottdale, PA |
Very caring takes time and very through
Murrysville, PA |
Professional, attentive and compassionate. When your appearance is at stake its comforting to know that your health care professional is all of the above.
very thourough
in Derry, PA |
After two years of doctors telling me they didn't know what was causing my problem or how to fix it, Dr. Hamaty after a thorough examination and questions, knew right away what my problem was and gave me medicine to take care of it. I was really impressed with how knowledgeable, caring and nice he was. He'll definitely be my determatogist from now on. The appointment was easier to get than most and the staff was very helpful.
in Blairsville PA |
Great integrity and skill, listens to concerns and gives clear explanations and instructions.
Greensburg, PA |
Made appt with for routine skin evaluation given hx of fair skin/ sun exposure and burns. I was a new patient. Dr. Hamaty and his entire staff are courteous and professional. The skin survey exam was more thorough and complete than I ever had. His method of documentation and history taking is exceptional. I had 2 skin lesions required to be removed, shave biopsy, and done in matter of minutes without pain. Strongly recommend this Dermatology department.
in Greensburg, PA |
Always careing , through, good bed side manor , explains what's going on and what needs to be done , keeps things understandable for patient ,keeps appointments pretty close to time patient is schduled . I have bee a patient if his for several years and always satisfied .
in Acme, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is punctual, professional, and listened to all my skin concerns and health history. He did a thorough skin check and I feel confident he will properly identify and diagnose any issues I will have!
in Latrobe, PA |
Very thorough and professional !
in Ligonier, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. Hamaty for years and I find him very professional and easy to talk to about any concerns I might have. He in turn tells me how to pay attention to my moles and notice any changes and to stay out of the sun...well unfortunately I do not stay out of the sun, but do use sunscreen, which he advocates for of course. I am confident that he will find anything suspicious and take care of it.
in Latrobe, PA |
I do like Dr. Hamaty as a dermatologist. He is very knowledgeable about his field and cares about his patients. The only negative point is that he is never on time with his appointments. He is usually running behind schedule by 30 to 60 minutes. He may want to consider allowing a little more time with each patient when scheduling appointments. I would have given him 5 stars if it wasn't for him running behind schedule every time.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is thorough, explains things very well and asks if you have any questions ??. He also tells you what to expect and follows up on your recovery as needed.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr Hamaty appears to be a very knowledgeable and well trained physician, presenting a very professional appearance. The treatment that I have received from Dr. Hamaty and his staff has always be excellent and his advice to me is always well received. Also, his various diagnosis at my different visits and treatments has been the best. He always does a thorough examination upon my visits and I am well satisfied. I would recommend Dr. Hamaty to any person seeking examination and treatment.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr hamaty is very personable and he and his staff are professional and kind. The appointments run on time.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
The doctor explained very clearly what my trouble was, and gave me some good advice. I will go back to see him soon.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD?

Visit Dr. Hamaty