Dr. Fred G. Hamaty, MD

Dr. Fred G. Hamaty, MD

57 reviews

Dermatology | Male | 51 years old

Dr. Hamaty is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. He was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. and has practiced dermatology in Western Pennsylvania since 1996. Dr. Hamaty received his undergraduate degree from Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania and his medical degree from the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 1992. His internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology were from 1992 to 1996 at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he served as the chief resident in the Department of Dermatology from 1995 to 1996. Read more

Westmoreland Dermatology Associates

Patient Testimonials

Personal Bio

Dr. Hamaty's Experience

See how Dr. Hamaty's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hamaty

Dr. Hamaty accepts 38 insurance carriers

Dr. Hamaty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamaty to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Hamaty
Dr. Hamaty's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (54)
in Greensburg, pa |
Dr hamaty is always thorough and very personable. Been ping to him for many years. Has taken great care of me. Obviously I highly recommend him
in Scottdale, PA |
Very caring takes time and very through
Murrysville, PA |
Professional, attentive and compassionate. When your appearance is at stake its comforting to know that your health care professional is all of the above.
very thourough
in Derry, PA |
After two years of doctors telling me they didn't know what was causing my problem or how to fix it, Dr. Hamaty after a thorough examination and questions, knew right away what my problem was and gave me medicine to take care of it. I was really impressed with how knowledgeable, caring and nice he was. He'll definitely be my determatogist from now on. The appointment was easier to get than most and the staff was very helpful.
in Blairsville PA |
Great integrity and skill, listens to concerns and gives clear explanations and instructions.
Greensburg, PA |
Made appt with for routine skin evaluation given hx of fair skin/ sun exposure and burns. I was a new patient. Dr. Hamaty and his entire staff are courteous and professional. The skin survey exam was more thorough and complete than I ever had. His method of documentation and history taking is exceptional. I had 2 skin lesions required to be removed, shave biopsy, and done in matter of minutes without pain. Strongly recommend this Dermatology department.
in Greensburg, PA |
Always careing , through, good bed side manor , explains what's going on and what needs to be done , keeps things understandable for patient ,keeps appointments pretty close to time patient is schduled . I have bee a patient if his for several years and always satisfied .
in Acme, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is punctual, professional, and listened to all my skin concerns and health history. He did a thorough skin check and I feel confident he will properly identify and diagnose any issues I will have!
in Latrobe, PA |
Very thorough and professional !
in Ligonier, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. Hamaty for years and I find him very professional and easy to talk to about any concerns I might have. He in turn tells me how to pay attention to my moles and notice any changes and to stay out of the sun...well unfortunately I do not stay out of the sun, but do use sunscreen, which he advocates for of course. I am confident that he will find anything suspicious and take care of it.
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty provides outstanding experience. He takes the time to ensure that his patients fully understand his recommendations and the next steps to follow. I have definitely recommend him to all of my friends and family.
in Latrobe, PA |
I do like Dr. Hamaty as a dermatologist. He is very knowledgeable about his field and cares about his patients. The only negative point is that he is never on time with his appointments. He is usually running behind schedule by 30 to 60 minutes. He may want to consider allowing a little more time with each patient when scheduling appointments. I would have given him 5 stars if it wasn't for him running behind schedule every time.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is thorough, explains things very well and asks if you have any questions ??. He also tells you what to expect and follows up on your recovery as needed.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr Hamaty appears to be a very knowledgeable and well trained physician, presenting a very professional appearance. The treatment that I have received from Dr. Hamaty and his staff has always be excellent and his advice to me is always well received. Also, his various diagnosis at my different visits and treatments has been the best. He always does a thorough examination upon my visits and I am well satisfied. I would recommend Dr. Hamaty to any person seeking examination and treatment.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr hamaty is very personable and he and his staff are professional and kind. The appointments run on time.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
The doctor explained very clearly what my trouble was, and gave me some good advice. I will go back to see him soon.
Normalville, PA |
Professional and thorough.
in Greensburg, Pa. |
Dr. Hamaty made me very comfortable and at ease in a obvious uncomfortable and can be sometimes very embarrassing examine. Trust his judgement.
in Greensburg, pa |
This was my first visit with Dr Hamaty for a full body check. I felt he was very thorough with the exam. I will continue as a patient with Dr. Hamaty.
in Greensburg, Pa |
Excellent dermatologist!!
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is a great dermatologist. He is very thorough and answers all of your questions. I always recommend him to everyone I know.
in Greensburg PA |
Have been seeing Dr. Hamaty for many years for yearly skin checks as I have many skin marks, moles, keratosis. I have recommended Dr. Hamaty to friends seeking a dermatologist in our area.
in Saltsburg, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamaty or years and trust him completely. My experiences have been excellent.
in Greensburg,PA |
I see Dr. H at least once a year- always very caring and efficient. Call backs are done very well with recommendations and follow up. Office staff is also very nice . Location is great and the staff tries to help with work schedules and appointments. Thank you all.
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
Visited Dr. Hamaty for a routine skin check. In the course of the exam, he removed a mole which looked suspicious. About ten days later, the pathology report revealed the growth as melanoma. Dr. Hamaty called me with a detailed explanation of what existed and what needed to be done. His office quickly arranged an appointment for me in Pittsburgh for further treatment to eliminate the cancer threat. Most probably, his decision to remove that growth may have saved my life!
in Greensburg , Pa |
Always have the ability to add an appointment for you if you're in need of help with a problem. Very personable, and explains everything in great detail before he does anything. Staff is very good also. My entire family has been seeing this doctor for many years and I am very happy with this practice.
in Greensburg Pa |
Doc H is very personable and good with children. Also very knowledgeable about whatever our ailments have been and helped us. ( My husband is a regular patient as well). He made room in his schedule earlier because we were concerned over something with our 12 year old son. I really appreciated being able to know what was happening and start treatment on it a month sooner than the schedule would have be Staff nice and efficient. Offices near and clean. Easy parking to get to office
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr. Hamaty did an excellent job with care and diagnosis of my son's skin condition. He has a terrific personality and took the time to carefully and thoroughly explain every thing my son and I wanted to know regarding our visit. I would return to his practice for any future medical needs.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is outstanding dermatologist that offers excellent care and diagnosis. I see him each year as a follow up after my first experience with bazel cell type of cancer.
in Smithton, PA |
He does an excellent job at what he does. Very friendly. I have had 4 moles removed by him and there is little to no scar with each and they were all quick and painless procedures.
Have you seen Dr. Fred G. Hamaty, MD?

Compare Dr. Hamaty

More Dermatologists at Westmoreland Dermatology Associates

Dr. Hamaty says...

Dr. Hamaty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Hamaty has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hamaty's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection