Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD

Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Hamaty is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. He was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. and has practiced dermatology in Western Pennsylvania since 1996. Dr. Hamaty received his undergraduate degree from Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania and his medical degree from the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 1992. His internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology were from 1992 to 1996 at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he served as the chief resident in the Department of Dermatology from 1995 to 1996.

Forefront Dermatology - Greensburg

• Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Gateway Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hamaty

See how frequently Dr. Hamaty performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Benign Tumor
Acne

Dr. Hamaty's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hamaty "We offer the latest innovations in dermatological skincare conditions in a friendly, professional office where your needs come first.

Our experienced board-certified dermatologists take pride in educating patients by providing accurate and complete information, thus helping you make the right choices for your optimal skin health. We are committed to delivering innovative solutions and exceptional care to meet the dermatological needs of our patients in the Greensburg community throughout their lifetime."

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Allegheny University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Pennsylvania State University / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Dr. Hamaty has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Hamaty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamaty to family and friends
Dr. Hamaty's Performance
Greensburg, PA |
Very thorough exam. See Fred once a year, and he is upbeat and glad to help.
in Charleroi, PA |
Excellent Dr. and very knowledgeable! Highly recommended.
in New Alexandria, Pa 15670 |
All questions and concerns were dealt with in a very understanding professional matter.
in Latrobe |
Very good experience. Prompt on making an appointment. Was at office on time and was looked at almost immediately. He did a complete check of my body for any other problem areas that I would not be aware of. Made an appointment with the surgeon who removed my cancer cell within less then a full week.
in Greensburg, PA |
Short wait for my appointment. Staff pleasant and courteous. Dr. Hamaty is easy to talk to and professional. I have been coming to him for quite a while and would recommend him to family and friends
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamaty for almost 2 decades. In fact, I followed him when he left the practice in his hometown and moved to his current location in Greensburg. Dr. Hamaty's knowledge in the field of dermatology and his concern and care for his patients is obvious. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and offers advice and provides solutions for your skin issues.
in Penn Township |
I feel very relaxed going to Dr. Hamaty knowing he will do a thorough examination. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hamaty to all of my friends.
in Latrobe PA |
Dr Hamaty is very thorough and professional with his exam. He explains all of his exam as he is performing it. He answers any questions you may have in English that you understand. I have recommended him to other members of my family.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is the best. I was seen quickly. Had my concern looked at and treated immediately and out the door in about 30 minutes. The staff was friendly which is a big issue for me. I have left a few doctors due to the treatment I received by the staff.
Johnstown, PA |
Comfortable waiting room. No long wait to see doctor. Kind and friendly staff. Dr. Hamaty was thorough, professional! Highly recommended!
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very professional and thorough. He is willing to answer any questions and does not rush when he is with you.
in Greensburg, PA |
He was courteous, thorough &. professional. I have experienced excellent results from all of his treatments.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr. Hamaty personifies what all of us hope for when seeking medical care--skilled, professional, caring. I recommend him to all members of my family and my friends.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Greensburg, PA |
As always, my annual check up was thorough. I trust Dr Hamaty completely with my skin care. His professionalism and patient care are first class!
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Johnstown,PA |
Very Kind and Knowledgeable.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is the ultimate professional. From the scheduling process, to seeing me exactly at the appointed hour thru the exam and consultation he is the best. Dr. Hamaty provides the right blend of educating, sharing observations and explaining options with each of his patients. The level of care is unsurpassed.
Hi Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Latrobe, PA |
I've been seeing Dr. Hamaty for close to 10 years for both annual skin checks and for management of some areas of sun damaged skin. He and his staff have always handled my problems and my routine visits appropriately, with full explanation of the conditions and management options. I have rarely had to schedule and urgent appointment, so I can't honestly comment on that. Otherwise, the staff is courteous, friendly and professional, and the office is physically well maintained.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating, positive feedback, and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Latrobe, PA |
Dr. Hamaty and his staff are very professional and helpful. They take the time to explain procedures and review prescription use. I highly recommend Dr. Hamaty for anyone with a dermatology issue.
in New Stanton, PA |
Dr. Hamaty and staff was very professional, answered all my concerns and seemed to want to help me with my conditions. My visit was very satisfying.
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
I go to Dr. Hamaty for a head to toe body check. He is very thorough and explains everything that he finds. He is very professional and makes me feel comfortable.
Hi Thank you for the 5 star rating. I appreciate it very much.
in Greensburg, PA |
Professional caring practitioner. I have had cyst removals completed with no complications. Office building is a bit hard to find, off of Route 30, GPS it or you'll miss the turn.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is personable yet thorough. I've been seeing him for years and would highly recommend him.
Hello Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Scottdale, PA |
I completely trust DR Hamaty. He has always done a good job addressing my needs
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Greensburg, PP |
Dr. Hamaty is experienced, qualified and professional I have been his patient for years and would not think of seeing anyone else.
Greensburg, PA |
Dr Hamaty is professional and friendly.....explains what he doing as he is doing it. Goes over what he did at your last visit. Makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. He was recommended to me by a friend and I would recommend him. My wife also goes to him.
in Greensburg, Pa |
My experience was very nice. For my first time going to a dermatologist, I was put at ease. The staff was professional and very attentive. I will highly recommend Dr. Hamaty to others.
in Ligonier, PA |
Professional, answers questions, entire staff pleasant.
Greensburg PA |
Very thorough and good bedside manor. Explains anything needed Great,friendly staff.
Greensburg, PA |
Wonderful doctor! Just runs very, very behind on appointments. You have to resign to the fact that you will wait at least an hour beyond your appointed time to see him. The front office secretary has gotten better with her friendliness. She used to be very cold, but someone must have talked to her. She was better last time.
in Greensburg, PA |
Not only is Dr. Hamaty an excellent Dermatologist is truly a very nice person. I would recommend Fred and his staff to anyone seeking a competent doctor.
Uniontown, PA |
I had my very first dermatologist appointment with Dr. Hamaty. He was very nice and listened to all of my concerns. I highly recommend him!
in Central City PA |
Dr. Hamaty does a very thorough examination and really takes time with each patient. I have not been to a dermatologist in a long time and I was very impressed. His team members were very helpful and friendly.
Dr. Hamaty is great! He cares about his patients and does a thorough job. I recently moved out of the area, and I still travel 3 hours to have him as my doctor.
in Scottdale |
Dr. Hamity is extremely thorough and trustworthy. I have recommended him to several family members and friends.
in Latrobe, PA |
I recently had my first visit with Dr. Hamaty. He and his staff were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. They explained everything thoroughly and took time with me to answer my questions. I would highly recommend them!
Toronto, ON |
Being my first time visit to a dermatologist I had no expectations or comparisons. I was very pleasantly surprised at the professionalism and completeness of the exam. Dr. Hamaty and the staff made it a positive experience.
Coraopolis, PA |
Very friendly and thorough. Takes rhe time to get extensive history from you. Dr. Hamaty is easy to talk to and listens very closely to the patient. I had a very good experience with him and the entire office staff.
in Latrobe PA |
Excellent experience in every way.
in Greensburg, PA |
Received a very thorough exam and easy to understand explanations.
thank you for the positive feedback and taking the time to post a review.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough and professional. He is easy to talk to and has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. H. Has been taking care of my aging skin with its malignancies (non-melanoma) and other irregularities for many years. So far, he's been spot on in keeping my outer organ serviceable and healthy. Thanks, Doc!
Denver, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Hamaty. He is knowledgeable, experienced, personable and very thorough.
in Ligonier, PA |
Dr Hamaty and his staff are excellent in all aspects! I had a medical issue and they were able to squeeze me into their schedule to resolve the issue!
in New Alexandria, Pa |
Dr Hamaty was very knowledgeable and informative to my situation. This was my first visit and his bedside manor and smiling face eased all my fears. He gave me his undivided attention and I was treated very professionally. Dr Hamity came very highly recommended and I am so glad that he is now my Dermatologist.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough and professional.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is courteous and shows concern with all of my questions. I feel confident with his expertise!
Ligonier, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough, friendly, usually on time. I think he is an excellent doctore
in Connellsville, PA |
Top Notch.
in Waynesburg, PA |
The staff was very courteous and helpful. I did not have a long wait. Dr. Ha sty was very thorough and professional and explained everything he was going to do and always asked permission to eamine areas. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hamaty to friends and family and will return for annual visits.
Hunker, PA |
Great experience. Thorough exam. Proper precautions taken. Very professional and personable.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD?

Visit Dr. Hamaty