Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD

Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Hamaty is a Board-Certified Dermatologist. He was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. and has practiced dermatology in Western Pennsylvania since 1996. Dr. Hamaty received his undergraduate degree from Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania and his medical degree from the Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania in 1992. His internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology were from 1992 to 1996 at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he served as the chief resident in the Department of Dermatology from 1995 to 1996.

Forefront Dermatology

• CoreSource
  • Gateway Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hamaty

Dr. Hamaty's Experience

Dr. Hamaty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Allegheny University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Pennsylvania State University / College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic Fndn

Dr. Hamaty has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Hamaty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamaty to family and friends
Dr. Hamaty's Performance
Greensburg, PA |
Dr Hamaty is professional and friendly.....explains what he doing as he is doing it. Goes over what he did at your last visit. Makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. He was recommended to me by a friend and I would recommend him. My wife also goes to him.
in Greensburg, Pa |
My experience was very nice. For my first time going to a dermatologist, I was put at ease. The staff was professional and very attentive. I will highly recommend Dr. Hamaty to others.
in Ligonier, PA |
Professional, answers questions, entire staff pleasant.
Greensburg PA |
Very thorough and good bedside manor. Explains anything needed Great,friendly staff.
Greensburg, PA |
Wonderful doctor! Just runs very, very behind on appointments. You have to resign to the fact that you will wait at least an hour beyond your appointed time to see him. The front office secretary has gotten better with her friendliness. She used to be very cold, but someone must have talked to her. She was better last time.
in Greensburg, PA |
Not only is Dr. Hamaty an excellent Dermatologist is truly a very nice person. I would recommend Fred and his staff to anyone seeking a competent doctor.
Uniontown, PA |
I had my very first dermatologist appointment with Dr. Hamaty. He was very nice and listened to all of my concerns. I highly recommend him!
in Central City PA |
Dr. Hamaty does a very thorough examination and really takes time with each patient. I have not been to a dermatologist in a long time and I was very impressed. His team members were very helpful and friendly.
Dr. Hamaty is great! He cares about his patients and does a thorough job. I recently moved out of the area, and I still travel 3 hours to have him as my doctor.
in Scottdale |
Dr. Hamity is extremely thorough and trustworthy. I have recommended him to several family members and friends.
in Latrobe, PA |
I recently had my first visit with Dr. Hamaty. He and his staff were very friendly and made you feel comfortable. They explained everything thoroughly and took time with me to answer my questions. I would highly recommend them!
Toronto, ON |
Being my first time visit to a dermatologist I had no expectations or comparisons. I was very pleasantly surprised at the professionalism and completeness of the exam. Dr. Hamaty and the staff made it a positive experience.
Coraopolis, PA |
Very friendly and thorough. Takes rhe time to get extensive history from you. Dr. Hamaty is easy to talk to and listens very closely to the patient. I had a very good experience with him and the entire office staff.
in Latrobe PA |
Excellent experience in every way.
in Greensburg, PA |
Received a very thorough exam and easy to understand explanations.
thank you for the positive feedback and taking the time to post a review.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough and professional. He is easy to talk to and has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. H. Has been taking care of my aging skin with its malignancies (non-melanoma) and other irregularities for many years. So far, he's been spot on in keeping my outer organ serviceable and healthy. Thanks, Doc!
Denver, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Hamaty. He is knowledgeable, experienced, personable and very thorough.
in Ligonier, PA |
Dr Hamaty and his staff are excellent in all aspects! I had a medical issue and they were able to squeeze me into their schedule to resolve the issue!
in New Alexandria, Pa |
Dr Hamaty was very knowledgeable and informative to my situation. This was my first visit and his bedside manor and smiling face eased all my fears. He gave me his undivided attention and I was treated very professionally. Dr Hamity came very highly recommended and I am so glad that he is now my Dermatologist.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough and professional.
in Greensburg, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is courteous and shows concern with all of my questions. I feel confident with his expertise!
Ligonier, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is very thorough, friendly, usually on time. I think he is an excellent doctore
in Connellsville, PA |
Top Notch.
in Waynesburg, PA |
The staff was very courteous and helpful. I did not have a long wait. Dr. Ha sty was very thorough and professional and explained everything he was going to do and always asked permission to eamine areas. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hamaty to friends and family and will return for annual visits.
Hunker, PA |
Great experience. Thorough exam. Proper precautions taken. Very professional and personable.
in Latrobe, PA |
Would absolutely recommend Dr. Hamaty--competent, professional, excellent interpersonal skills; he is very much patient focused. He explains exactly what he is doing and why and is concerned about patient comfort.
Dr Hamaty is patient, caring, and best of all, knowledgeable.
in Apollo, PA |
Always a pleasure to see Dr. Hamaty. He is very thorough with his exams. He and his staff are always professional and courteous and I have recommended him to more than one of my friends. Also, always on time for appointments.
in Greensburg, PA |
Very pleasant and informed me of all my concerns. Protected my privacy. Staff well informed.
Irwin, PA |
Very thorough and ensures patient understands what is going on.
in Ligonier, PA |
Been seeing Dr. Hamaty yearly for years and will never miss a check up. He removes areas I don't even notice and they come back positive. Very thorough and professional. No doubt he will save my life again.
in Mount Pleasant, PA |
This was only my second visit to Dr. Hamaty. He clearly understood my problems and his treatment has (so far) been very effective. After more time working with Dr. Hamaty I may be able to increase my rating. He and his staff are professional and courteous.
Mount Pleasant, PA |
Technician attending with Dr. Hamaty was very curt and unfriendly.
in Belle Vernon, PA |
I have been to a few derm in my lifetime. I was terrified to go back, because it always been such a poor experience. My fears were unfounded. Dr Hamaty was quick, thorough, and precise. I recommend him to anyone that wants to know they were looked over and worked on by a courteous professional!
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever seen. He takes as much time as needed to make sure all areas of your body as searched for problems. I have recommended him to my friends and family.
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is a wonderful doctor for many reasons. First, he always takes the time to listen to what I am experiencing; asking questions when needed and addressing my concerns. He is always kind and easy to talk to. He is knowledgeable, thoughough and a doctor in whom I have total confidence. He has cared for me and other family members for years and I can recommend him without any reservation.
Uniontown, PA |
Dr. answered my questions. very helpful.
Good Appointment
in Latrobe PA |
Dr. Hamaty is wonderful. Very thorough and kind. I have had all three types of skin cancer and he has probably saved my life by catching areas in time. I recently took my special needs son to him for a skin check and he and his staff were wonderful. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Hamaty.
Greensburg, PA |
Dr Hamaty is always professional,knowledgeable, and efficient as well as polite and sociable. He treated my late father for years and due to that link with skin cancer I maintain my annual checkups. I would recommend him highly.
Excellent professional care
in North Huntingdon, PA |
Dr. Hamaty was friendly and had great bedside manners. He listened to all concerns I had and was thorough in explaining what his observations were, what the current recommended treatment is, and explained what future treatment options may be available. He was thorough in reviewing my medical history and applying it to his diagnosis and treatment plan. I was referred to Dr. Hamaty from a family member and I would recommend him to all my family and friends!
in Johnstown, PA |
My experience was better than expected and WAY ABOVE any experience I have had in Johnstown where I previously went
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Hamaty is outstanding both in patient care and educating the patient about health concerns and remedies.
in Derry, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamaty for over 15 years. He is very courteous and professional man. I fully trust him with handling all matters related to the diagnosis and treatment of my skin.
New Florence, PA |
Very professional, friendly, and concerned. Very good office staff, and the last couple times I have been there, not much of a wait time. Good experience overall.
Blairsville, PA |
I found Dr. Hamaty very pleasant and thorough. Always gives good instruction and information. I have been a patient of his since he came to Greensburg.
would highly recommend
Irwin, PA |
Dr. Hamaty was very nice. He was patient and reassuring to my son who was nervous about seeing the dr and about the procedure he was going to need. I was provided the information I needed to understand what was going to be done on my son. Everyone in the office was very friendly as well.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Hamaty, MD?

Visit Dr. Hamaty