Dr. Fred Cushner, MD

Dr. Fred Cushner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

As a Knee Surgeon, I feel the whole knee should be evaluated and treated. That way, the patient has access to all forms of operative and nonoperative treatment.That is why I treat all aspects of knee surgry.By only treating kneees, I feel I can provide better care to my patients.

Dr. Fred Cushner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Cushner is affiliated with Southside Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital.

Dr. Cushner's Experience

See how Dr. Cushner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cushner

Dr. Cushner accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cushner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cushner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cushner to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Cushner's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cushner is a wonderful professional. His priority is always to find the best solution to help his patients. Not about phony niceties so usual in other doctors, Dr. Cushner wants to deliver results, get things done with your health always in mind. His knowledge about knee injuries and surgery experience are just amazing. Got a new knee thanks to him--I highly recommend Dr. Cushner!
New York, NY |
Outstanding results with Dr. Cushner. From being unable to descend stairs without slowly taking two steps each stair and holding the rail, being in constant, severe pain; I can now resume yoga, cycling, walking and engage in daily living without consequence. Dr. Cushner is methodical, only operates when necessary and he has, I found out, successfully operated on people I know. Best results I have had from 3 knee surgeons - at an age when my knees are most damaged. I'm very grateful.
in West Islip, NY |
Had Left Total Knee Replacement 1/4/16. Dr Cushner is the BEST choice for this procedure! I am almost 100% better, quality of life is 1000% better than pre-surgery! He is a knee expert, explained everything to put me at ease (as I was VERY nervous). His staff is wonderful too! NSLIJ hospital gave the BEST care I ever had and post-op care was top-notch from home visits, to outpatient physical therapy. So glad I had the surgery with him!
Jackson Heights, NY |
Don't.
in Morristown, NJ |
Amazing, highly talented, expert in his field. Appropriately conservative.
in East Islip, NY |
I had BiLateral knee replacements.Dr Kushner did a great job.Im very happy now.Only one little thing,no its a big thing.I took a long time to heal and no one told me how long it could take.I don't work so its ok, but if I did,I wouldn't have been able to work for at least four months. Hes fantastic and I recommend him.
in Staten Island New York |
Had a procedure today to brake up the scar tissue in my knee from my 2 previous knee surgerys before I had knee replacement on Jan 8. Once again dr Cushner right on target as per our discussion before the replacement the. Procedure went well thx again to dr Cushner n his Team for all ur help
in Staten Island new york |
Just had knee replacement on Jan 8th surgery went great still recovering great dr explains everything really n expert dealing with the knees the office staff was great and the pa Bridget really knows what to say to put u at ease very professional thank you all again for helping make the best of the situation Lenox hill hospital could not say enough to all the nurses n staff during my hospital stay
in New York, NY |
Convinced me to do an unnecessary procedure as part of my surgery. The osteochondral plug failed very shortly, it's no longer used due to high failure rates. Dr. Cushner made some statements which turned out too optimistic, and simply not true. Later I found out that he has some exclusive arrangement with the company who manufactures these plugs and likely benefited financially from each procedure which uses it.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Cushner, MD?
Are you Dr. Cushner?

Compare Dr. Cushner

Dr. Cushner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cushner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries