Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Fred Cushner, MD
Dr. Fred Cushner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Cushner is affiliated with Southside Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital.

210 E 64th St Fl 4

• HealthFirst
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Cushner

See how frequently Dr. Cushner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Knee Arthroscopy
Knee Surgery

Dr. Cushner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cushner "As a Knee Surgeon, I feel the whole knee should be evaluated and treated. That way, the patient has access to all forms of operative and nonoperative treatment.That is why I treat all aspects of knee surgry.By only treating kneees, I feel I can provide better care to my patients."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Sackler School Of Medicine
  • Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Insall Scott Kelly Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Cushner has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Cushner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cushner to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Cushner's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
After an initial botched knee surgery from another doctor, Dr. Cushner gave it to me straight, explained my options clearly, and did a great job. I'm a month post-surgery with him and it's like night and day compared to my first surgery-- the knee is doing great thus far. I highly recommend him.
in New York |
Quick to slaughter... Just after the initial 1st visit, time to carve the turkey!!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Cushner is a wonderful professional. His priority is always to find the best solution to help his patients. Not about phony niceties so usual in other doctors, Dr. Cushner wants to deliver results, get things done with your health always in mind. His knowledge about knee injuries and surgery experience are just amazing. Got a new knee thanks to him--I highly recommend Dr. Cushner!
New York, NY |
Outstanding results with Dr. Cushner. From being unable to descend stairs without slowly taking two steps each stair and holding the rail, being in constant, severe pain; I can now resume yoga, cycling, walking and engage in daily living without consequence. Dr. Cushner is methodical, only operates when necessary and he has, I found out, successfully operated on people I know. Best results I have had from 3 knee surgeons - at an age when my knees are most damaged. I'm very grateful.
in West Islip, NY |
Had Left Total Knee Replacement 1/4/16. Dr Cushner is the BEST choice for this procedure! I am almost 100% better, quality of life is 1000% better than pre-surgery! He is a knee expert, explained everything to put me at ease (as I was VERY nervous). His staff is wonderful too! NSLIJ hospital gave the BEST care I ever had and post-op care was top-notch from home visits, to outpatient physical therapy. So glad I had the surgery with him!
Jackson Heights, NY |
Don't.
in Morristown, NJ |
Amazing, highly talented, expert in his field. Appropriately conservative.
in East Islip, NY |
I had BiLateral knee replacements.Dr Kushner did a great job.Im very happy now.Only one little thing,no its a big thing.I took a long time to heal and no one told me how long it could take.I don't work so its ok, but if I did,I wouldn't have been able to work for at least four months. Hes fantastic and I recommend him.
in Staten Island New York |
Had a procedure today to brake up the scar tissue in my knee from my 2 previous knee surgerys before I had knee replacement on Jan 8. Once again dr Cushner right on target as per our discussion before the replacement the. Procedure went well thx again to dr Cushner n his Team for all ur help
in New York, NY |
Convinced me to do an unnecessary procedure as part of my surgery. The osteochondral plug failed very shortly, it's no longer used due to high failure rates. Dr. Cushner made some statements which turned out too optimistic, and simply not true. Later I found out that he has some exclusive arrangement with the company who manufactures these plugs and likely benefited financially from each procedure which uses it.
Have you seen Dr. Fred Cushner, MD?
Are you Dr. Cushner?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Cushner