Dr. Frazier Fortenberry Jr., MD

Dr. Frazier Fortenberry Jr., MD

Urology | Male

Frazier T Fortenberry MD 630 Peter Jefferson Pkwy Ste 135 Charlottesville VA 22911 Get Directions

My objective is to provide high-quality urological care in a sympathetic way.  My focus is to apply current knowledge of the relevant urological disease processes in order to help resolve these problems as they become manifest.  I am honest and try very hard to satisfy the patients with efficient care, attempting to resolve the problem as noninvasively as possible.  We utilize mostly medical but sometimes surgical methods in order to help diagnose and resolve urological problems.  Sometimes, problems cannot be altogether resolved in which case we look for the best possible alternative to that in terms of hopefully minimizing pain or disability from the condition.

Hometown is Lake Charles, Louisiana.  Completed medical school Louisiana state University in 1985 and completed surgical and urological residency in 1990 and Richmond at Medical College of Virginia.  I have been in Charlottesville, Virginia since 1992.

Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fortenberry Jr.

Dr. Fortenberry Jr. accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Fortenberry Jr. has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fortenberry Jr. to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s Performance
Charlottesville VA |
This whole process could have been very unpleasant but it was not at all. Successful procedure, pleasant all the way around.
in Hampton, VA |
I had prostate cancer which terrified me. My wife said to get a second opinion but I wanted immediate resolution, a big mistake! This man not only DOES NOT LISTEN but is a horrible surgeon. Due to this doctor causing a huge infection I had to seek out one to fix that! BEWARE! My new doctor told me Dr. F had been in his group and knew exactly why I wanted to change doctors!! Arrogant and in a rush to discharge you, more interested in how many surgeries than care! I am on FB, contact me~!
This is quite aggressive, I am limited as to any specificity in responding. As stated there was a complication which I regret and am always willing to support to see it resolve. When complications occur we do our level best to give support to see a good outcome. If rapport breaks down, it is patient prerogative to go elsewhere but that's not what I want. I'm sorry for the stated complication but I don't believe this is in any way fair assessment of care from myself or staff involvement.
in Vinton, VA |
Fantastic, caring doctor. Superb surgeon. Went the extra mile (I had surgery on Friday and he met me at his office on Sunday morning to get my catheter out!) Recommend without hesitation - he's what a doctor should be!!
in Charlottesville, VA |
Those two bad reviews have convinced me to write this review. I'm not sure what Doctor they saw, because other than why I was there, I had just had one of the best specialist Doctor interactions I've ever had with Dr. Fortenberry. He was very informative, thorough, willing to discuss my questions and concerns - and his staff was noticeably professional and knowledgeable. He even called me personally with follow-up information. Please see Dr. Fortenberry with complete confidence.
in Charlottesville, VA |
My appointment started 40 minutes late on a very slow day; the music was too loud in the waiting room and they ignored my request to turn it down; Fortenberry showed ignorance and indifference to the vast literature on lifestyle & prostate cancer and his bedside manner was atrociously poor across the board. If you're hoping for an open-minded, progressively informed and encouraging urologist, look elsewhere. Indeed, the other review herein surely reflects my experience.
How does he know that I had a slow day 1) Without commenting specifically on him, I have both an office and hospital practice and sometimes have to drop what I'm doing in the office to support patients in the hospital. 2) The music is low level and easy listening always. 3) I listen patiently but feel I am obliged to share current urological peer review literature. I like healthy lifestyles too, I just can't go so far as conceding it as fact. I.e. eat healthy but get checked regularly.
Forest, VA |
When you turn 65 and are on Medicare, he will drop you like a hot potato. He is all about the $$$$$$$.
Over half of this practice is Medicare! Don't understand the comment.
Have you seen Dr. Frazier Fortenberry Jr., MD?

Compare Dr. Fortenberry Jr.

Dr. Fortenberry Jr. says...

Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Dr. Fortenberry Jr. says...

Adult urology primarily including male BPH management, PSA concerns, evaluation and management of prostate cancer, blood in the urine, bladder cancer, UTI management, stone disease.  Perform HoLEP/LEP for BPH management.

Female urology also includes stress incontinence, recurrent UTI, voiding dysfunction.

Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Fortenberry Jr. has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fortenberry Jr.'s Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bedwetting
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Chronic
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans

Graduated in 1985

Med College Va

Completed in 1985

Med College Va

Completed in 1990

Dr. Fortenberry Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fortenberry Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Penile Implants
  • Prostate Removal
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry