Dr. Fraser Henderson Sr, MD

Dr. Fraser Henderson Sr, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Fraser Henderson Sr, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

8401 Connecticut Ave Ste 220

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Henderson Sr

See how frequently Dr. Henderson Sr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chiari's Deformity
Spinal Fusion
high
Spine Fracture Treatment

Dr. Henderson Sr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Portsmouth Naval Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Med University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • National Hospital For Neur and Neurosurg
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Henderson Sr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Henderson Sr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Henderson Sr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Henderson Sr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Henderson Sr to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Henderson Sr's Performance
in Hagerstown, md |
Dr Henderson did my decompression and fusion almost a decade ago for chiari. At the time I didn't realize how fortunate I was to have him as a surgeon. He's office is wonderful and he's a dam good man. Took excellent care of me and listened and actually cared. If it wasn't for him idk where I would be. He gave me my life back
Upper Marlboro, MD |
After canceling my C1C2 fusion surgery abruptly and with no notice right before Christmas, he reassured me that he would continue to work with me to manage my pain and to find someone else that could help me. After going through all of his recommended tests, I called the office back and they stated that Dr. Henderson could no longer see me and they gave me absolutely no names of other surgeons who could preform the procedure..I have now lost my job and spend half of my time in a wheelchair.
in Newburg, MD |
Living with EDS is difficult and complex. To be dismissed for years was worth the wait for Dr. Henderson. Dr. Henderson is in no way perfect but he listens, prays and supports. EDS is incurable but manageable thanks to his blessed mind, heart and hands. I've had the pleasure of being both his patient and colleague(RN previously at DCH??) There are positive and negative aspects of every person, every physician but the blessing is Dr. Henderson knows and acknowledges his strengths and weaknesses.
Alexandria, VA |
I thought Dr Henderson was great like everyone else,HOWEVER,after my SECOND surgery with him, where a fragment was missed, I wasn't treated well by him. I said I was in severe pain after SECOND Surgery and I asked for NRI, not him. He was threatened,said wouldn't write more disability notes, and said to LTD I was better and should find PT work. My LTD was dropped,Im seeing neurosurgeon who wants new MRI,,I've wasted 7 years of my life because these drs can't get a surgery right. Very upset.
Washington, DC |
Dr. Henderson is incredible! Brilliant surgeon that also has great bedside manors. I could write a book on how he was a God sent for my wife who had what turned out to be a 3 1/2" tumor inside her spinal column. He removed every bit of it and fused her back together.
in Lewisburg, PA |
Dr. Henderson saved my life and gave me my quality of life back. He performed an exceptional surgery that was complicated by small vertebrae in my cervical spine without any problems. He is deeply invested in each patient, is brilliant beyond all measures, and is the best physician, surgeon, and practitioner I have ever met. There are no better hands to put your life in than his. One of the greatest people I have had the privilege to meet.
in Houston, TX |
To say Dr. Fraser Henderson saved my life would be a severe understatement. He allowed me to take my life BACK. His care and compassion for those with Ehlers Danlos is unmatched in the medical field. He is the epitome of what a doctor should be- kind, compassionate, does no harm and truly has the best interests of the patient in his heart and mind at all times. He treats more than just your spine and brain; he sees each person as a whole and does all he can to improve your quality of life.
in Yorktown, VA |
Dr. Henderson is a Godsend. He gave me back a quality of life that I thought was lost to me forever. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Hypermobility Type and he understands the devastation that the syndrome can do to the spine inside and out. He performed surgery on me and within two days I was feeling relief from a variety of neurological symptoms. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a very wonderful and caring physician. Thank you, Dr. Henderson!
in Taneytown, Maryland. |
It wasn't until the age of 41 that I was finally diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. I just recently had surgery at Shadygrove with Dr. Henderson. It was the third surgery with Dr. Henderson. Dr. Henderson came in on my last day at Shadygrove. He brought in every nurse he saw in the hallway and he proceeded to discuss the disease process of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. He discussed the pain and why there are so many symptoms associated with it. He is a true blessing of God. I thank you.
Have you seen Dr. Fraser Henderson Sr, MD?
Are you Dr. Henderson Sr?

Visit Dr. Henderson Sr