Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD

Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Hastrup

Overlake Medical Clinics

1231 116th Ave NE Ste 400 Bellevue, WA 98004

Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD is a pulmonary critical care medicine specialist in Bellevue, WA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Drexel University College Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in pulmonary critical care medicine, critical care medicine, and more.

Dr. Hastrup accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Hastrup has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(425) 454-2671Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Hastrup treats your condition or procedure

• Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bronchial Thermoplasty
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

4.1

Dr. Hastrup?
Dr. Hastrup's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD
Dr. Hastrup is the most caring doctor I have ever been too. I recommend him to anyone needing a pulmonary doctor's care. I was on an extended visit to Redmond, WA and discovered I was extremely sick. Dr. Hastrup and his staff put me at ease and worked with me to resolve my issues. It has been a year, I am back home in Georgia and have had no re-occurrences. He is wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
As a physician I have high standards and expect the best care. My dad was critically ill in the icu at Overlake hospital. Dr. Hastrup was working nights cross covering a busy service yet took two hours of his time to explain to my family and I the situation with my dad. His empathetic nature and clear easy to understand language that informed and educated is second to none. It’s sad that he isn’t teaching the next generation of docs for this is the epitome of what a great doctor does and is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Our family first met Dr Hastrup 4 years ago when my mother was critically ill with the flu. He took his time and explained her precarious condition and helped guide the family through the process. Over the past 4 years we have continued to be impressed by his care and compassion. We are so glad my mother has confined to see him as her pulmonary doctor. He has become family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup comes across as condescending. I was not comfortable with the way this person communicates, he is kind of rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
There are no words that express my family’s gratitude. While we expected great care at overlake but we didn’t expect to find such an amazing and caring doctor. Dr Hastrup was able to guide us through a difficult time even using FaceTime to ensure that we were all present when distance made that impossible. He will be forevermore part of our family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Amazing approachable doc that save my mom. In less than a minute it seemed he got on his phone and was able to gather and organize a team so quickly that made all the difference. We owe him forever
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Our loved one was admitted to the ICU @ Overlake 10/2017 and was in the care of Dr. Hastrup. Dr. Hastrup came across as arrogant, condescending, and confrontational and lacked integrity when it came to proper and professional patient care. Dr. Hastrup's communication skills lacked in every way and it appeared that the nurses working under him felt bullied and intimidated. His preferential form of communication with his nurses seemed to be primarily through texts. What a disappointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is not only attentive and competent, he's an amazing teacher and communicator. He clearly explained my condition and discovered issues in previous imaging unnoticed by other doctors. He has my highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is the best doctor I have ever seen. His is patient and attentive. I strongly recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My mother was critically ill and confused. He came into the room after explained what was happening with my mom. He took his time with us and even dabbed my mom's forehead. He then gently put back on the feeding tube that the nurses where unable to get in. What a great doc!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Admitted my father here. Dr. Hastrup was very courteous and professional with wonderful bedside manner. I felt very comfortable leaving my father in the unit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Can't state how much I love Dr Hastrup. Dr H listened like no other. He pays attention such that my very confusing symptoms somehow seemed to make sense to him. He ordered some tests that confirmed his diagnosis. Wonderful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Met the amazing Doctor Hastrup when my doctor was not around. He accommodated me into his lunch hour so I could have fluid drained from around my lungs. Not only did he make me feel better he explained all alternative options and let me understand why he recommended one over the other. I will be switching to see him from now on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
What a truly terrific experience from start to finish. Dr.Hastrup is simply the best. He has managed to figure out my problem and I have never felt better. He was compassion personified and listened to me intently. For the first time in years I can breathe and exercise without fear.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My experience with Dr. Hastrup was the worst experience I ever had with medical professionals. During my appointment with Dr. Hastrup he was very impatient, oppressive and was constantly interrupting. Dr. Hastrup prescribed very expensive, and most important, unnecessary, invasive procedure without any prior discussion regarding my condition and health history. He wasn't inclined to opt for a less invasive diagnostics and got upset when I declined the option. Avoid this doctor by all means!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
I don't have enough words to thank Dr Hastrup. He is beyond compassion as he seemed to be in tuned with our needs and anticipated our worries. He guided our family through the uncertainty of being told I had cancer. It was with his help that I found out it wasn't cancer after all but a disease called sarcoid. Great, simply greatest Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Was nervous about going to see a lung doctor again. I had been to a number of lung doctors throughout the last 10 years and never got better. Dr Hastrup listened to my story and formed a strategy to look into the causes of my difficulty breathing. After some testing Dr Hastrup found I had an allergic reaction to mold in my lungs. He treated me for it and now I can breathe comfortably for the first time in years. Dr Hastrup is amazing!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Compassionate yet informative Dr. Hastrup is the best doctor I've ever seen. Felt immediately at ease. He listened and addressed all my concerns and fears.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My experience with Dr Hastrup was HORRIBLE. He was condescending, rude and abrasive from the moment he walked in. He diagnosed me with severe COPD, and gave me about 5 minutes of his time, maximum. I am scared to death and he did not explain my condition, he did not explain his drastic treatment choices, he just shoved a stack of papers at me which told me to start medications, schedule rehab, lung surgery and left me to fend for myself. I have no information. I am worse off for seeing him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is one of the worst doctors I've seen. He was not helpful in treating my athsma symptoms. He would ask me about by condition but then wouldn't listen and already had his mind made up about how to treat me. He didn't help at all, and as soon as I switched Dr.'s I was able to get treatment and results from another Dr. who determined I had a serious virus that was affecting my airways. Dr. Hastrup was condescending and wasted my time trying to prove how smart he was. Terrible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hastrup?

• Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine

Drexel University College Of Medicine
2000

Overlake Medical Clinics

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hastrup treats patients.