Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD

Pulmonary Critical Care MedicineMaleAge 51

Dr. Hastrup

Stamford Health

1 Hospital Plz Stamford, CT 06902

Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD is a Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Specialist in Stamford, CT and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with Overlake Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hastrup to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Hastrup treats your condition or procedure

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Viral Infection
  • Wheezing

Dr. Hastrup accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Hastrup has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(203) 276-1000Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Hastrup's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hastrup

4.1

Dr. Hastrup?
  • Explained conditions well (15)
  • Listened & answered questions (15)
  • Office environment (15)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Dr. Hastrup is the most caring doctor I have ever been too. I recommend him to anyone needing a pulmonary doctor's care. I was on an extended visit to Redmond, WA and discovered I was extremely sick. Dr. Hastrup and his staff put me at ease and worked with me to resolve my issues. It has been a year, I am back home in Georgia and have had no re-occurrences. He is wonderful.
Teri Bankston in REDMOND, WA – Jul 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
As a physician I have high standards and expect the best care. My dad was critically ill in the icu at Overlake hospital. Dr. Hastrup was working nights cross covering a busy service yet took two hours of his time to explain to my family and I the situation with my dad. His empathetic nature and clear easy to understand language that informed and educated is second to none. It’s sad that he isn’t teaching the next generation of docs for this is the epitome of what a great doctor does and is.
Mar 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Our family first met Dr Hastrup 4 years ago when my mother was critically ill with the flu. He took his time and explained her precarious condition and helped guide the family through the process. Over the past 4 years we have continued to be impressed by his care and compassion. We are so glad my mother has confined to see him as her pulmonary doctor. He has become family.
Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup comes across as condescending. I was not comfortable with the way this person communicates, he is kind of rude.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
There are no words that express my family’s gratitude. While we expected great care at overlake but we didn’t expect to find such an amazing and caring doctor. Dr Hastrup was able to guide us through a difficult time even using FaceTime to ensure that we were all present when distance made that impossible. He will be forevermore part of our family.
Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Amazing approachable doc that save my mom. In less than a minute it seemed he got on his phone and was able to gather and organize a team so quickly that made all the difference. We owe him forever
Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Our loved one was admitted to the ICU @ Overlake 10/2017 and was in the care of Dr. Hastrup. Dr. Hastrup came across as arrogant, condescending, and confrontational and lacked integrity when it came to proper and professional patient care. Dr. Hastrup's communication skills lacked in every way and it appeared that the nurses working under him felt bullied and intimidated. His preferential form of communication with his nurses seemed to be primarily through texts. What a disappointment.
D. Alexander in Mercer Island, WA – Nov 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is not only attentive and competent, he's an amazing teacher and communicator. He clearly explained my condition and discovered issues in previous imaging unnoticed by other doctors. He has my highest recommendation.
Scott P. in Kirkland, WA – Oct 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is the best doctor I have ever seen. His is patient and attentive. I strongly recommend him!!
Nick in Seattle WA – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My mother was critically ill and confused. He came into the room after explained what was happening with my mom. He took his time with us and even dabbed my mom's forehead. He then gently put back on the feeding tube that the nurses where unable to get in. What a great doc!!!
Kirkland, WA – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Admitted my father here. Dr. Hastrup was very courteous and professional with wonderful bedside manner. I felt very comfortable leaving my father in the unit.
Jenny in Mercer Island, WA – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Can't state how much I love Dr Hastrup. Dr H listened like no other. He pays attention such that my very confusing symptoms somehow seemed to make sense to him. He ordered some tests that confirmed his diagnosis. Wonderful
Chris – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Met the amazing Doctor Hastrup when my doctor was not around. He accommodated me into his lunch hour so I could have fluid drained from around my lungs. Not only did he make me feel better he explained all alternative options and let me understand why he recommended one over the other. I will be switching to see him from now on.
La in Bellevue, WA – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
What a truly terrific experience from start to finish. Dr.Hastrup is simply the best. He has managed to figure out my problem and I have never felt better. He was compassion personified and listened to me intently. For the first time in years I can breathe and exercise without fear.
Ks in Bellevue, WA – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My experience with Dr. Hastrup was the worst experience I ever had with medical professionals. During my appointment with Dr. Hastrup he was very impatient, oppressive and was constantly interrupting. Dr. Hastrup prescribed very expensive, and most important, unnecessary, invasive procedure without any prior discussion regarding my condition and health history. He wasn't inclined to opt for a less invasive diagnostics and got upset when I declined the option. Avoid this doctor by all means!
E.D. in Bellevue, WA – Jul 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
I don't have enough words to thank Dr Hastrup. He is beyond compassion as he seemed to be in tuned with our needs and anticipated our worries. He guided our family through the uncertainty of being told I had cancer. It was with his help that I found out it wasn't cancer after all but a disease called sarcoid. Great, simply greatest Doctor.
M P in Bellevue WA – Jun 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Was nervous about going to see a lung doctor again. I had been to a number of lung doctors throughout the last 10 years and never got better. Dr Hastrup listened to my story and formed a strategy to look into the causes of my difficulty breathing. After some testing Dr Hastrup found I had an allergic reaction to mold in my lungs. He treated me for it and now I can breathe comfortably for the first time in years. Dr Hastrup is amazing!!!
Sh in Bellevue wa – May 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Compassionate yet informative Dr. Hastrup is the best doctor I've ever seen. Felt immediately at ease. He listened and addressed all my concerns and fears.
Ben D in Vancouver, WA – May 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
My experience with Dr Hastrup was HORRIBLE. He was condescending, rude and abrasive from the moment he walked in. He diagnosed me with severe COPD, and gave me about 5 minutes of his time, maximum. I am scared to death and he did not explain my condition, he did not explain his drastic treatment choices, he just shoved a stack of papers at me which told me to start medications, schedule rehab, lung surgery and left me to fend for myself. I have no information. I am worse off for seeing him.
Robert L in Bellevue, WA – Feb 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?
Dr. Hastrup is one of the worst doctors I've seen. He was not helpful in treating my athsma symptoms. He would ask me about by condition but then wouldn't listen and already had his mind made up about how to treat me. He didn't help at all, and as soon as I switched Dr.'s I was able to get treatment and results from another Dr. who determined I had a serious virus that was affecting my airways. Dr. Hastrup was condescending and wasted my time trying to prove how smart he was. Terrible.
Bellevue, WA – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Frantz Hastrup, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hastrup?

• Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine