Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Franklin Mirrer, MD
EDUCATION AND TRAININGValedictorian- Pomperaug High School, Southbury, CT 1987 Graduated with "Distinction in All Subjects", Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 1991 University of Connecticut School of Medicine 1995 Orthopedic Residency, Tulane University School of Medicine / Charity Hospital of Louisiana 1995-2000 Chief Resident, V.A. Hospital of New Orleans and Charity Hospital of New Orleans FELLOWSHIP TRAINING MCP Hahnemann University, Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder / Elbow Surgery 2000-2001 University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Upper Extremity Surgery 2001 ATHLETICS Chosen for All-Star Twimet and Tristate Baseball Leagues 1989-1994 Cornell Baseball Team 1987-1991 Selected for Connecticut All-Stars vs. Cuban National Baseball Team 1991 Save the Bay Newport to Jamestown swim 2006-2013 INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS Surfing, Fishing / Fly Fishing IGFA Records, World Record Triple-tail caught on fly. Super Grand Slam, Tapon, Permit, Bonefish, Snook caught on fly rod Grand Slam Tapon, Permit, Bonefish, Snook caught on fly rod

215 Toll Gate Rd Ste 206

Warwick, RI 02886

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Mirrer

Dr. Mirrer's Experience

Dr. Mirrer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Tulane University School Of Med
  • Hahnemann University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mirrer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mirrer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mirrer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mirrer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mirrer to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Mirrer's Performance
Without a doubt, the best physician I have seen in seventeen years of l..iving in Rhode Island. As a doctor myself, I fully trust in his skill in diagnostics and treatment. He is compassionate, caring, and highly committed to the health and well-being of his patients. Each member of his office team is wonderfully caring and patient-focused -- hard to find in this day and age -- always welcoming me and exceptionally friendly.
Thank you for your kind review of myself and my office staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
in Warwick, RI |
Dr Mirrer is an excellent doctor. He did surgery on both of my knees. I highly recommend him. I'm very happy with him
Thank you for the wonderful review and allowing us to take care of your orthopedic needs.
in Warwick, RI |
When I first went to Dr mirror for my shoulder he was awesome really cared about his patience but now that he has gotten too big for his britches it all about the money with him he could care less about the patient ,he refused to see my wife who was in a car accident over a 400.oo bill in a settlement case the we have not recieved reinbursement for yet , do yourself a favor find a more compassionate DR
Our office does not refuse to see a patient regarding an overdue balance. We hold off scheduling one until that balance is paid.You were aware of the balance due. Dr. Mirrer is a very compassionate physician, however with the medical climate the way it is, he must balance being a sympathetic doctor and a businessman to keep a viable practice. If you would like to discuss this at any time, I would be happy to hear from you. Please feel free to contact our office and ask for the office manager.
Coventry, RI |
I visited Dr Mirrer with classic signs and symptoms of a herniated disc in my neck at c5c6 (neck pain, arm and shoulder pain, numbness in my hand, etc). I even explained to him my history if the same herniated disc. Didnt seem like he listened because he found a "torn labrum" in my shoulder (which nobody else was able to find too) and insisted on giving me a cortizone shot in my shoulder for $350. Seems like he just wanted to give a shot to run up my bill. No thanks. Stay away!
If you would like to identify yourself we would be happy to speak with you regarding your care when you were in our office. The charge you quote is inaccurate, and without a file to review we cannot know if this is indeed a factual account of your exam. Feel free to give us a call and ask for the office manager and she will be happy to assist you should you want to elaborate.
in W. Warwick, RI |
After 4-1/2 years of being told by another dr and his team following him that there was nothing wrong with my shoulder, Dr. Mirrer who was evaluating my hip told me to bring in my shoulder MRI's to my next visit and within 15 seconds he found a torn and dislocated labrum in my shoulder and showed it to me. I had more than 20 doctors from RI Orthopedic Clinic tell me it was in my head that nothing was found on my MRI. Dr Mirrer had me in surgery in 2 weeks and he used the MRI'S from previous doc
Marsha, thank you for your great review, it is very appreciated. Our apologies for not replying when you posted this, and we are very happy about your outcome!
Have you seen Dr. Franklin Mirrer, MD?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Southcoast Hospitals Group – Charlton Memorial

Visit Dr. Mirrer

Dr. Mirrer accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
  • Tufts Health Plan