Dr. Franklin I. Margolis, MD

Dr. Franklin I. Margolis, MD

Urology | Male

Summit Urology, Phillipsburg, NJ 224 Roseberry St Ste 1, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Our goal is to find out what is wrong with our patients and "fix it". Plain and simple. ...Read more

Personal Bio

Myself and the staff at Summit Urology, Phillipsburg are always striving to provide the best care possible in this world...Read more

Dr. Margolis' Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Margolis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Margolis

Dr. Margolis accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Amerihealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Margolis has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Margolis

Dr. Margolis' Review Details
4.5 based on 22 responses
Experience with Dr. Margolis
Dr. Margolis' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (21)
Dr. Franklin I. Margolis, MD says

Occasionally we perform Patient Surveys to gauge how we are doing at providing the best care possible.  Generally we are eager to hear our patients' opinions as we strive to provide the best care possible.  Even if we determine that some aspect of care is not in our control or if there is a misunderstanding in what we can do for patients, it is best to know what patients think so that treatments and results match expectations.  There is always room for a better understanding of one's illness and room for improvement in caring for our patients.

in Phillipsburg, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Margolis. He took the time to explain my condition and the options to treat it, carefully and clearly explaining the pros and cons of each.
in Stewartsville, NJ |
I have extreme urological challenges and Dr. Margolis has been the best physician I've ever dealt with. He is attentive to patients needs and builds trust by discussing options and alternatives to resolve patients needs. I've been a patient of his for 11 years. He has helped me beyond my expectations and has earned my trust like a brother. He is very intelligent and skilled with a great demeanor for any patient. I would highly recommend his services.
in Easton, PA |
Outstanding. Takes the time to explain things, he's easy-going and has a sense of humor. I've had four office visits and one procedure, all went on as expected.
Have you seen Dr. Franklin I. Margolis, MD?

Compare Dr. Margolis

• Urology
  • Oncology

Why It Matters: Dr. Margolis' Board Certifications

• Urology

Dr. Margolis says..

Over 20 years, this is how many years I have been working as a urologist.  I started my training in Southern California and moved to PA and NJ area in 2001.  I brought with me expertise in treatment of kidney and ureteral stones, erectile dysfunction, urethral stricture (scar) disease, bladder cancer, incontinence (urine leakage) and treatment of low testosterone.  I performed over a thousand vasectomies in training and countless more in private practice.  I have diagnosed hundreds of cases of prostate cancer, even in men who have had a normal biopsy elsewhere.  I have saved men from bladder-removal surgery with diligent bladder treatments lasting over ten years.  Urinary incontinence treatments can be quite specialized and I have learned to manage leakage from urgency with bladder pacemaker devices and with injection of botox into the bladder muscle.  Both are done in an outpatient manner with little discomfort and lasting results.  Additionally I have done many sling procedures in both men and women who leaked when they coughed or exercised.  And in the most extreme cases I have successfully placed artificial sphincters (valves) in individuals whose leakage was too severe for a sling to provide for continence.  They urinate then just as they did before the event that caused them to leak, be it surgery, radiation, or just old age.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Balanoposthitis
  • Bladder Atony
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Margolis says..

Expertise in management of obstructing kidney stones is where I excel.  I am always trying to get every last bit of stone that might someday come back and cause trouble as a bigger stone in the future.  I am always performing this with a laser to safely and completely fragment the stone into insignificant pieces.  I also am a strong proponent for the least invasive procedures, only when they are absolutely necessary, to treat BPH (prostate obstruction) in aging men.  I always strive to exhaust the benefits of medication before considering other options.  If we suspect the bladder has lost its ability to function properly, we have the equipment to prove this before performing invasive surgical procedures.  No one wants an unnecessary and unsuccessful operation.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Bladder Biopsy
  • Penile Implants
  • Pessary for Prolapse
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
  • Prostate Procedures
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Univ Of Ca

Graduated in 1995

University Of Ca Irvine

Completed in 1996

University Of Ca Irvine Med Center

Completed in 2001

University Of California At Los Angeles

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Margolis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Margolis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Margolis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Margolis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Urology
  • Board certified in Urology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Margolis

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Margolis' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Margolis

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Margolis says...

Myself and the staff at Summit Urology, Phillipsburg are always striving to provide the best care possible in this world of managed care.  We are keenly aware of the rapidly changing world of insurance coverage and network allegiances.  We are always acting as an advocate for our patients even if it contrary to insurance or network demands.  Patients are treated as we would want to be treated if we were sick.  We know that when illness hits, all you want is to get back to normal.  That is always our goal.

Dr. Margolis' Care Philosophy

Our goal is to find out what is wrong with our patients and "fix it".  Plain and simple.  Sometimes the problem is a challenge and we are here to guide you to the right place if your condition demands it.  We are connected to super-specialists in Urology that can do things we do not do by virtue of greater or different training or access to technology we do not have locally.  These are individuals who have been hand-picked over the years as physicians who care for our patients the right way, as we would do.