Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Frank Vandevender, MD
Dr. Frank Vandevender, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Vandevender is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center.

Frist Clinic

2400 Patterson St Ste 400

Nashville, TN 37203

• 1st Medical Network
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)

Learn about Dr. Vandevender

Founded in 1993, The Frist Clinic strives to exceed the expectations of its patients with every visit. The care provided by our distinguished group of physicians is complemented by a caring and helpful support staff. We are always looking for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the complicated healthcare delivery process.

Dr. Vandevender's Experience

Dr. Vandevender's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Dr. Vandevender has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vandevender does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vandevender and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vandevender's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vandevender to family and friends
Dr. Vandevender's Performance
in Franklin, TN |
Best Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Vandevender has been my primary care physician for several years. He is the kindest, most caring physician I have ever known and would recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for a physician. There are not enough words to describe how much I appreciate him being my physician.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. VanDevender is an incredible doctor, and a caring individual. My family and I have been in His care so long that I can't tell you exactly when we began going to him, but what I can tell you is that the care we receive from him is second to none. He likes to treat families, and over the years our family group (by recommendation to each other) has grown to the point that he treats nearly all of us. I would recommend him to your family as well.
in Nashville, TN |
Always the expectation of being treated cordially with a friendly, collaborative attitude. All my concerns , whether trivial and misguided or significant, are addressed in a friendly, professional, serious manner with rational, effective recommendations and treatment based on Dr. Vandevender's training and attentive well-focused observations throughout his career. The highest level of care and the feeling of great concern for the welfare of his patients
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. VanDevender Has been my doctor for over 33 years. he has always taken care of me and has sent me to other physician as needed over the years that he knew would take good care of my health needs. He has always explain to me all my health question and cares for me very well. Each time I visit for a check up, the first thing he always ask how are you doing and what trips have you taken since the last time you were in to see me. His is my doctor but also my friend. His staff are great also.
in NASHVILLE, TN |
I was blessed when moving to Nashville from out of state twelve years ago to be introduced to Dr. Vandevender. Through his extreme knowledge and personal interest, he has made suggestions and directly connected me with specialists, in different medical fields, that led to life altering and potential life saving treatments. He went above and beyond what I had grown to expect from my prior doctors.
in Nashville, TN |
You will get no better care anywhere than with Dr. Vandevender, his staff and the Frist Clinic staff. I have been going to them many years and they are hands down the best. I do have other physicians that are specialists that I see so i do have other practices to compare to.
in Nashville, TN |
Excellent doctor in every respect. Dr. Vandevender has always thorough with his examinations and explanation of actions required to correct our family health issues. I am a long time patient and have the highest regard for his professional skills.
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Vandevender has always been responsive and considerate. He listens and answers questions. Staff is efficient and work in a timely and organized manner. We highly recommend Dr. Vandevender and his staff.
in Brentwood, TN |
Dr. VanDevender is an excellent physician, as well as, a knowledgeable guy with diverse interests. He and his staff are readily available and responsive. Referrals to specialists are scheduled remarkably quickly, whether with colleagues at the Frist Clinic or others.
in Franklin, TN |
Karl Vandevender has been my Doctor for well over 30 years. I feel lucky to have been under his care. No one in Nashville cares as much about their patients as he does.
in Brentwood, TN |
Caring Profession... Gives you time to help you in every way...BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD
in Cross Plains |
My wife and I have been seeing Dr Vandevender for 40 years ! Time really does fly. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. Over the years he has helped us through some tough times and I would not want to see anyone else. He is a great doctor and has became a very good friend. Thanks Doc
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. VanDevender is brilliantly smart and incredibly experienced! He listens respectfully to patients, and then thoughtfully and thoroughly explains his evaluation and treatment plan. His ultimate goal is to provide care that is in the best interest of the patient, always! Dr. VanDevender does the right thing for the right reasons; and he is outstanding in his dedication to patients and in providing exceptional medical care. Dr. VanDevender exemplifies what medical care in America should be!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Vandevender has been our family doctor for years and has always treated us as if we were his only patients. He's kind, caring, and incredibly knowledgeable, and he always makes time to see us personally and take us directly to other colleagues if we require additional care.
Nashville, TN |
Knowledgeable professionalism...with a smile. The perfect doc for airplane pilots...he understands!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Vandevender has been my physician for twenty years and I have nothing but the highest regard for him both as my doctor and as a person. He's dedicated to not only the health of his patients but to their well being.
Have you seen Dr. Frank Vandevender, MD?
Are you Dr. Vandevender?

See our Internal Medicine Specialist at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center

Visit Dr. Vandevender

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Vandevender accepts 25 insurance carriers
  • 1st Medical Network
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna POS
    Choice PPO
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Card
    Network C
    Network P
    Network S
    Flexcare
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna HMO
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Choice Care