Dr. Frank Salamone, MD

Dr. Frank Salamone, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Frank Salamone, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Rochester, NY. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

1800 English Rd Ste 6

Rochester, NY 14616

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Salamone

See how frequently Dr. Salamone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ear Ache
Earwax Buildup
Sinusitis
high

Dr. Salamone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Wheezing

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for New York.

• U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1998

Dr. Salamone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Salamone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salamone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salamone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salamone to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Salamone's Performance
in Rochester , NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Salamone! Excellent doctor and surgeon. He explains everything in detail. He has years of experience and I totally trust him and his staff.
Rochester, NY |
I've had 3 nasal surgeries with him and still have the same problems. Started seeing another doctor since 9 times out of 10 Salamone seems disinterested. I'm also not impressed with his ancient equipment.
in Pittsford NY |
Dr. Salamone took excellent care of our 2 year old daughter when we were told she would need ear tubes after chronic ear infections. He explained the procedure to us and was so comforting as this was our first experience with a child going into surgery. It was a quick procedure and our daughter has had no reoccurring ear infections. We are so grateful that he could help our little girl. I would highly recommend him!
in Geneseo, NY |
Dr. Salamone was professional & knowledgeable at all times. He didn't make me feel rushed during my appts., but always took the time to explain what was going on & what he planned to do to treat the condition.
in Fairport, NY |
I came to see Dr Salamone with my 14 year old who had huge tonsils. For years we had been told they would shrink but they hadn't. Dr Salamone was decisive in recommending removal. It was quick, with no side effects and a short recovery period. We had been warned that this would be difficult in an older child, but it all went very smoothly.
in Rochester, NY |
Dr. Salamone and his staff listened to our concerns and treated us with the utmost respect. Our daughters both had different issues. One needed tubes, not because of ear infections but because of a negative pressure in her ear. The other daughter's ears produce excessive wax. Both are singers and were having difficulty hearing themselves sing. They are both doing great!
in Rochester, NY |
Took my son to see Dr Salamone for snoring. Instead of rushing into surgery he recommended my son have a sleep test first to be sure he doesn't have sleep apnea.
in Rochester, NY |
I have been to Dr. Salamone for sinus and throat issues. Each time he has listened intently to my problems with concern and empathy. He diagnosed my problems each time and accurately prescribed a course of action which quickly resolved. Highly recommended!
in Rochester, NY |
Dr. Salamone takes great care of both of my children's ENT needs and I trust him with their care both medically and surgically. The staff at the office and the surgical center were also great!
Rochester, NY |
I am so grateful to Dr. Salamone for the wonderful care he provided to my mother as she fought cancer. Not only did he provide excellent care, he was so sympathetic and caring to her. I am also so appreciative of his direct and kind communication style which helped us understand what she was facing.
in Rochester, NY |
Thorough examination and explanation of diagnoses, recommended treatments and follow up.
in Greece, NY |
I recently had difficulty swallowing. Dr. Salamone explained the procedure he was going to do in easy to understand language. Upon completing the procedure he recommended a barium x ray to make sure there were no underlying issues. He said I should have a follow up appointment with my internist. I definitely would recommend him to others.
Pittsford, NY |
Outstanding professional care. And followed up with several one-on-one phone calls. Would recommend Doctor Salamone to anyone looking for an excellent ENT.
Pittsford, NY |
Dr. Salamone is knowledgeable, kind, and very competent. I lived with sinus pain and chronic sinusitis for years and thought that I needed surgery. Dr. Salamone is a surgeon who does not push surgery. He listened to my concerns and symptoms and suggested a non-surgical course of action. He told me to return if my symptoms were not better and that we would devise another course of action. My symptoms greatly improved so I did not need more treatment and I have been very pleased.
Fairport, NY |
Dr. Salamone took excellent care of my daughter's chronic ear infections. We were able to schedule PE tubes in a very timely manner. He was receptive to our concerns and very kind to our daughter.
in Fairport, NY |
Dr. Salamone performed a tonsillectomy on my 3 year old daughter. We were very happy with his care during the office visits and surgery. He explained the procedure clearly, answered our questions, and gave us a good idea of what to expect after the surgery.
in Honeoye Falls, NY |
Dr. Salamone operated on our daughter, put tubes in her ears and removed her tonsils. Our entire experience was fantastic. He was always professional and excellent in his surgical skills, and was able to have a great rapport with our little 4 year old daughter and keep her fears at bay as well. All of our follow-ups have been great - he has listened to all of our concerns and questions, encouraged us to call with any needs at all. We have recommended him to all of our family and friends.
in Rochester, NY |
Dr Salamone did not seem to listen to the reason I was there. I had a cough for several months and had a wheeze in my sinus or head area that kept me awake. He kept going back to my vertigo He told me the wheeze was from my lungs No it was not He sent me on my way telling me that everything was good I still have the cough and the wheeze What do I do now?
Rochester, NY |
I have been suffering from vertigo and Menieres and a plugged ear and sinus issues for over 3 yrs now. Whenever I see him he does his standard test to check my loss of hearing. Which I already have told him I can barely hear out of my ear. I asked if I could get an xray of my sinuses and he says No this is vertigo and menieres and you have to control your sodium and never prescribes anything else. Says I have to live with it. He is not emphatic and my appt without hearing tests takes 10 min.
in Rochester, NY |
In total he probably spent 5 minutes with an examination that was clearly less thorough than a GP durning a routine checkup. He was uninterested in the history of my issues, or knowing whether or not they're reoccurant (they are). Finally, after his incredibly cursory examination, he prescribed me with a nasal spray that I was already taking (which doesn't help much anyways). I didn't know the generic name and he didn't care to ask if I was taking it or had used it in the past.
Have you seen Dr. Frank Salamone, MD?
Are you Dr. Salamone?