Dr. Frank Phillips, MD

Dr. Frank Phillips, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Frank Phillips, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Phillips

See how frequently Dr. Phillips performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Phillips's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Phillips Patients with spinal problems are really a group that has a lot of challenges. They're used to dealing with a lot of spinal pain that really affects their function. They've often, before they see us, seen many other doctors, been given different opinions, and sort of feel lost, frustrated. And I think the way I manage these patients is to work through those issues with them. And many times we have very reasonable treatments that will help resolve the pain and get these patients functioning again. I got interested in spinal disorders during my orthopedic surgery training. And in those days, we really did not have a lot of good options for patients with spinal problems. In recent years a number of motion-preserving options have been developed, and we've participated in a number of FDA trials evaluating these technologies. In the right patient, a motion sparing technique can work very well with results at least equivalent, if not better to some of the traditional surgeries we've been performing for many years.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of The Witwatersrand, Faculty Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Mc Keesport Hosp/upmc

Dr. Phillips has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Phillips does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phillips and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Phillips' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phillips to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Phillips' Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I am very greatful to have Dr Phillips taking away all my pain. I am bringing a doctor friend to get MRI from Dr. Cheng. To have it ready to see Dr Phillips asap
in Chicago IL |
What most impressed me about Dr. Phillips was that he wouldn’t operate on me when my symptoms were improving through PT. When the PT relief proved to be temporary, I scheduled an L4L5 microdiscectomy.. Considering the severity of my herniation, he did an amazing job. My surgery was 5 weeks ago and I am 95% pain-free. I went home the same day, took no painkillers, and could have returned to work within 48 hours. I am slowly returning to prior activity levels and couldn’t be happier. Go see him!
Chicago, IL |
I had an anterior fusion surgery on January 9th and Dr. Phillips was my surgeon and he was amazing! I was so nervous as this was my first major surgery but Dr. Phillips and his team made me so comfortable and safe. From the moment I met him, I was struck by his professionalism but also his compassion and thoughtfulness. I just adore him!
Oswego |
I looked up Dr. Phillips on the internet thinking I would get some quality advise and treatment options and review my recent MRI's. Hoping to get a treatment plan in place with Midwest Ortho. Instead I received a condescending opinion, not listening my symptoms or pain level. He did not explain the MRI results (herniated and bulging discs) and only said to do PT for 8 week and come back, even though I did two weeks PT at another facility prior to MRI. My wife was in the room also- shocked!
in Dekalb, IL |
was the doctor that saved my life. No one wanted to do the surgery. I told him I was in so much pain.. he was the one that believed me and did the surgery. Back surgery t7 t8 .. had it done in 2011 .. I still have pain but nothing like before. I can walk,run and even workout a little. I'm so glad I picked him..he's the best in my eyes
in Hinsdale, IL |
Wonderful Dr! Dr. Phillips replaced disc in my spine c6 c7. I am only 3 week out of surgery and I am feeling great with no regrets. I tried two epidural so with another Dr first with very little improvement. I knew I needed a total fix and wanted to get back to my normal very active life fast. I am a weight lifter and extremely active. I did not hernate my spine weight lifting. I hurt my spine moving house. Dr. Phillips and his team are the very best! I give them 10 gold stars!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Phillips literally saved my life by fixing my back (L5-S1 microdiscectomy). In addition to being a world renowned spine surgeon, I really appreciated that he took the time to listen to me and answer all of my questions. Before my back surgery, I had many people tell me that I was making a mistake. However, my surgery and recovery could not have gone any smoother. Within hours after surgery, I was walking around pain-free. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Phillips and his team to anyone.
in Chicago, IL |
I had an amazing experience under the care of Dr Phillips and his team. From the first consultation, I knew I was in good hands. His staff kept me notified of cancellations, eventually allowing me to get my procedure in a matter of weeks. The surgery was at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush and involved an overnight stay after the surgery. The facility is very nice and the staff were great. Four months after surgery and I'm back to normal activity levels pain free!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Phillips performed spine surgery on me on February 10, 2016. The next day I walked four blocks without pain. I couldn't walk 50 feet without pain prior to surgery.
Downers Grove, IL |
already recommended a friend
in Chicago, IL |
Didn't get a chance to see the doctor after waiting for over an hour past the scheduled appointment time.
Illinois |
This doctor has got the worst attitude I even seen.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Phillips and his staff are outstanding. Believe me, the last thing I ever thought I was going to need was back surgery but after suffering with an L4/L5 disc herniation for 4 months I couldn't take it any longer. I was in and out of the hospital the same day, and was pain-free immediately following the operation. The whole thing took only 50 minutes and I was home at 2PM from my 8AM surgery. You can trust Dr. Phillips, he knows what he is doing.
in Joliet, IL |
Dr. Phillips and his entire staff are very professional and provided me with excellent patient care. I had SI-Joint surgery and had very little pain during a 10 week recovery. I am able to return to my very active life style.
in Chicago, IL |
An outstanding experience all around with Dr Frank Phillips, Rush Ortho and Rush Hospital.
in Chicago illinois |
It was very helpful Dr. PHILLIP dedicated time to educate me about my condition, spondylolisthesis. Using the the computer monitor , he explained how one of my vertebra disc is out of place, pinching nerves causing so much pain. He explained my options, of injections , physical therapy and minimal invasive surgery. He also explained how the surgery is done! Im so greatful to learn about my condition. Now, hopeful instead of hopeless!
in Elmhurst, IL |
Excellent Surgeon. Had micro disectomy on L4/L5. Went from having severe nerve pain /sciatica to no pain at all. His support staff is top notch as well.
Have you seen Dr. Frank Phillips, MD?
Are you Dr. Phillips?