Dr. Frank Phillips, MD

Dr. Frank Phillips, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Frank Phillips, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Westchester, IL and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from University Of The Witwatersrand, Faculty Of Health Sciences in 1983 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Phillips

See how frequently Dr. Phillips performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Phillips's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Phillips "Patients with spinal problems are really a group that has a lot of challenges. They're used to dealing with a lot of spinal pain that really affects their function. They've often, before they see us, seen many other doctors, been given different opinions, and sort of feel lost, frustrated. And I think the way I manage these patients is to work through those issues with them. And many times we have very reasonable treatments that will help resolve the pain and get these patients functioning again. I got interested in spinal disorders during my orthopedic surgery training. And in those days, we really did not have a lot of good options for patients with spinal problems. In recent years a number of motion-preserving options have been developed, and we've participated in a number of FDA trials evaluating these technologies. In the right patient, a motion sparing technique can work very well with results at least equivalent, if not better to some of the traditional surgeries we've been performing for many years."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spondylosis

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of The Witwatersrand, Faculty Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Mc Keesport Hosp/Upmc

Dr. Phillips has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Phillips does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phillips and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Phillips' Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phillips to family and friends

Dr. Phillips' Performance

Dr. Phillips has been my doctor for 13 years and he has operated on my neck 2 times and he has helped me recover from both exceptionally well. I can't think of a better doctor for spinal surgery, he is amazing and I feel blessed to have him as my doctor. Thank you Dr. Phillips.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
After 3 opinions and years of putting my spinal fusion off, I found Dr. Phillips. He is knowledgeable with that edge of confidence and now I have found my Dr. That will perform the surgery. He did not rush me during all of my questions and made sure he thoroughly answered them.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Phillips is confident, reassuring, and personable. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Not only is Dr. Phillips an excellent doctor and a leader in the field of orthopedic surgery, his whole staff is knowledgeable and incredibly kind and efficient. I felt as if I was in good hands from my initial visit to after surgery follow ups.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I received excellent care from Dr. Phillips, and his entire staff at both offices; Rush Medical Center and Westchester, IL. I underwent successful back fusion surgery in mid-November, 2017, and have progressed ahead of schedule. I was back to work, which includes travel, by mid-January. I began...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0