Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Frank Norberg, MD
Frank B. Norberg, MD, is a sports medicine fellowship-trained surgeon, specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery and arthroscopy. His special medical interests also include joint reconstruction (upper extremities), joint replacement, arthritis, fracture care, meniscal repair, cartilage repair, rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability and sports injuries. Dr. Norberg received his subspecialty certification in orthopedic sports medicine from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in 2010.

4010 W 65th St

• Wells Fargo Insurance
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Norberg

Dr. Norberg's Experience

Dr. Norberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• University Of North Dakota
  • University Of Kansas Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Norberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Norberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Norberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Norberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Norberg to family and friends
Dr. Norberg's Performance
in Minneapolis, MN |
I've had several surgeries over the last few years. Because of this, I do feel that I can give an educated opinion into what makes a good surgeon. Dr. Frank Norberg is all these things. He spent extra time to get me prepared for surgery. Post surgery at the hospital he was kind, patient, and understood anxieties I may have had. In post-op appts. he adapted exercises and therapy that were adjusted to my lifestyle, He explained things thoroughly & showed me examples. I highly recommend him.
Minneapolis, MN |
I saw Dr. Norberg for a re-occurring tennis elbow. I had seen another physician who kept giving me cortisone injections. When it came for the third time I sought out a professional who specialized in elbows. I cannot express how pleased I am that I found Dr. Norberg. He is in one word – awesome. Though he is s surgeon he recommended a fairly non-invasive procedure called a Tenex. The procedure went very well and I am pleased to say I am pain free and have full range of motion.
in Brainerd, MN |
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Norberg. He is professional, honest, caring, dedicated and has the best staff. I had a total shoulder re-do, I had several things going on causing huge pain. In one visit he knew without looking at xrays, what was causing my pain. When xrays came back he was completely accurate on his diagnosis. He listens to you and prides himself on perfection. If you need a shoulder fixed call Dr Norberg you wont be disappointed, you'll be relieved of pain!
in Minneapolis, MN |
I received reverse total shoulder replacements on both of my shoulders. Dr. Norberg did a wonderful job with both surgeries. Within two weeks after each surgery, I was pain free and was on my way to regaining full movement of my arms/shoulders. I am now able to use 95% of my shoulder movement and have been unable to do that for as long as I can remember. At age 53 this type of surgery is not common but I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Norberg is very personable and helpful.
St Paul, MN |
Dr. Norberg is a great physician--I am a physician myself and am usually hard to impress. He performed an anterior shoulder repair on my son who had multiple shoulder issues from football and rugby. Dr. Norberg's communication skills and surgical skills are impressive. He relates very well to sports-minded teens and helps them buy into the necessary rehabilitation process. My son is three years out from his surgery and his shoulder continues to do well, despite playing college rugby.
in Bloomington, MN |
Very good surgeon how explained everything and it was exactly as he said. Very personable & yet tells it like it is. Had rotate cuff surgery in Dec 2015. Back to playing golf & most everything else in 6 Mos.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Compassionate, caring and highly skilled surgeon. Had a rotator cuff repair and despite my age of 76, I healed well. Great at explaining the options to me, had all the time to discuss my needs and never felt rushed. His staff is outstanding and they enjoy their work with him. Highly recommend him.
in Le Sueur, MN |
I was referred to Dr. Norberg after my first shoulder surgery in Oct 2012. I followed up with Dr. Norberg after care. He and his staff are very professional, kind, caring, and thorough. After months of physical therapy, exercise at home, I still managed to re rip my tendons and I had frozen shoulder. Dr. Norberg performed my second rotator cuff surgery. I again tore my tendons and Dr. Norberg performed a reverse shoulder replacement. I'm 7 months post op and feel like a new woman.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Norberg is the best. He gave me confidence that with hard work (PT) the rotator cuff tear I had would heal. It did. He never pushed surgery. Very compassionate and kind Dr. Highly recommend him.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Outstanding physician; technically extremely competent but also a genuinely caring human being. Saw Dr. Norberg for a torn rotator cuff tendon in a fairly arthritic shoulder and, with no improvement after a conservative (non-surgical) approach, opted for a surgical repair. Even though the recovery from this sort of surgery isn't particularly pleasant, it went extremely well and my shoulder is absolutely perfect 6 months post-op.
in Edina, MN |
Dr. Norberg is an awesome doctor and I would definitely choose to see him again if I were in need or an orthopedic surgeon.. I never felt like he was in a hurry, he always seemed genuinely interested in how I was doing, he explained everything in detail, he has the BEST bedside manner, and I like his treatment philosophy. I also had a great experience with my physical therapist. I always looked forward to my appointments.
Burnsville, MN |
Dr. Norberg was great at explaining everything and giving different options. The surgery went very well and pain was well-controlled. His staff was excellent as well. Over all very good experience for having to have surgery.
in Lilydale, MN |
Recommended by Dr. Scott Anseth . Dr. Norberg performed a reverse shoulder replacement. I am totally satisfied with the results. Very kind and professional doctor. Would recommend him for anyone who is having shoulder discomfort.
in Eden Prairie, MN |
Dr. Norberg did a restoration (12/2015)of a previous rotator cuff surgery (4/2010). The result was outstanding, and far superior to the initial surgery in 2010. Post Op staff were terrific, including the post op PT. Dr. Norberg is an excellent listener, and he and the staff are very concerned about patient welfare and successful outcomes.
in Burnsville, MN |
SS Burnsville, MN March 2016 Dr. Norberg treated me, surgically, for a seriously torn rotator cuff on my RIGHT arm in June 2015. Then, after a fall, he repaired my shattered LEFT shoulder, with a steel plate and 11 screws in January 2016. Both surgeries were very successful! Each time I have met with Dr. Norberg, he has been kind and generous with his time. He is careful to explain the procedures and the risks. He is patient, an excellent listener, and answers every question. I am a BIG fan!
in Plymouth, MN |
Dr Norberg is great. Very knowledgeable with great people skills. He operated on my shoulder following an injury and the outcome was terrific. Took the time to sit down and really talk to me and help me resolve this injury. He is great at answering questions and patient too. Would not hesitate to recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Frank Norberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Norberg?