Dr. Frank Felts, MD

Dr. Frank Felts, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Frank Felts, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Las Cruces, NM. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

2100 S Triviz Dr Ste G

Las Cruces, NM 88001

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Felts

See how frequently Dr. Felts performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy
Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Felts's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Felts' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Felts "Dr. Frank Felts is excited to become a part of the Memorial Medical Center team and provide a surgical weight loss solution to the people of New Mexico. He was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He graduated with top honors from Texas A&M University and in his class at Texas A&M College of Medicine. He completed his residency training at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas, serving as Chief Surgical Resident. Dr. Felts began a very successful general surgery practice in 1988 in Jacksonville, Texas and continued that practice for 18 years. He gained exceptional experience in laparoscopic procedures, including advanced laparoscopic hernia, gastric and colon surgeries. He has performed thousands of laparoscopic procedures. Early in his career Dr. Felts had an interest in the surgical treatment of obesity. In 2006, he transitioned his surgical practice exclusively to Bariatric Surgery. It is a move he has totally embraced and thoroughly enjoys. He established a successful bariatric practice in the Dallas area with thousands of successful Bariatric Laparoscopic Surgeries to his credit. Texas has been home for Dr. Felts but he has always had a great love for the people and spirit of New Mexico where he owns a cabin in Angel Fire. He has had a New Mexico medical license since 2006. He was instrumental in obtaining bariatric coverage for all New Mexico Medicaid patients and established the first Comprehensive Center for Bariatric surgery in Las Cruces in 2015. He is thrilled at the opportunity to return to Las Cruces, making Memorial Medical Center his new home after a brief elective leave of absence to fulfill a life-long dream of sailing from Annapolis, Maryland to the British Virgin Islands. Dr. Felts is certified by the American Board of Surgery as a general surgeon. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Your well being is a top priority for Dr. Felts. With Education and Wellness at the forefront of his practice he is committed to answering any and all of your questions and concerns. Above all, Dr. Felts wants you to choose your bariatric care team wisely and know that he will be there for you every step of the way."

This content was provided by Dr. Felts "To provide the highest quality, most comprehensive weight loss and wellness care available."

• Bariatric Surgery

• Incisional Hernia
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Texas A&M University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • The Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Scott and White Memeorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Scott And White Meml Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Felts has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Felts does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Felts and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Felts' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Felts to family and friends
Dr. Felts' Performance
Carlsbad |
Dr. Felts & staff can be summed up to one word, amazing. He takes as much time as it takes to make sure you understand everything he explains. The amount of education his staff and him provide is worth everything in the world. I've never felt more comfortable and trusting towards a Dr or their staff.
Thank you very much for your kind words. The entire staff at Memorial Weight Loss Center are committed to helping you every step of the way on your process to weight loss. Education is a key component in reducing the anxiety of a surgical procedure, as well as ensuring your long-term success. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in Las Cruces, NM |
Dr. Felts was very polite and friendly. He eased my worries and concerns right from the beginning. He answered all my questions and I felt he listened with great care. One of my friends recommended him and I couldn't be any happier. His staff are also great and supportive!
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to treat every patient in the same manner that we would like to be treated as patients. Please ask if you have questions or needs. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in New Mexico |
My experience with Dr Felts has been nothing short of amazing... the staff is all encouraging and helpful and Dr Felts is very professional. My surgery and recovery time was quick and very successful . I encourage anyone that is considering bariatric surgery to make an appointment with him. You won't be sorry you did!
Thank you for your kind comments. I, and my staff, are committed to making your surgical weight loss experience as convenient and successful as possible. Please ask if you have any questions or needs. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
Roswell |
Wonderful Dr! Informative, thorough, understanding office!
Thank you for your kind words. We make every attempt to provide you with accurate information for you to make good decisions regarding her healthcare. Please let us know if you have any questions. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in Las Cruces, NM |
Very likely I would recommend friends and family to Dr.Feltz office.
Thank you for your kind words. It would be our privilege to care for your friends and family. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in Deming |
Dr Felts was very informative and educated. He made me feel comfortable with my decision and explained what steps I would be taking to reach surgery and a healthier me.
Thank you for your kind words. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in Sunland Park |
Hi my name is Maria Elena my mother is a new patient at Dr. Felts when I walked in with my mom I was scared because of her making the surgery thinking she could die and all other worries but once I got to meet the Dr.Felt he had the time to well explain to me and my mother, which made me more comfortable and understand why my mom needs surgery for a better health life! Thanks Doctor !!!
Thank you for your kind words, Maria. You are very brave and your mother is blessed to have a young daughter who is so concerned and supportive. We wish your mother only the best on her weight loss journey to better health!
in Las cruces, NM |
Highly likely, the staff and Dr Felts have been extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
Thank you for your kind words. It is our privilege to assist you with your bariatric surgery. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
in Las Cruces New Mexico |
He was warm, his bed side matter was easy going,he explained each area with ease and asked if I had any questions.
Thanks for your kind remarks. I truly enjoy what I do. It is important to me that patients understand their surgery and the process. Always ask if you have any additional questions. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
Las Cruces, NM |
Extremely knowledgable, friendly, professional
Thanks for your kind remarks. I will always strive to provide the highest quality of information and care possible. Best wishes on your weight loss journey to better health!
Las Cruces |
What an amazing experience. Clean office. Friendly staff. No issues with insurance or payments or scheduling. Doctor Felts is a rare doctor who schedules with ample time to talk. I never once felt like a cow being herded with other cattle and I never sat around waiting more than 3 minutes. Staff catches his vision of patient care and is thorough, professional, and caring.
Thank you very much for your kind words! My staff and I will always strive to make your experience with our office and your process with our program as pleasant and easy as possible. Best wishes on your weight loss journey and your road to good health and wellness!
in Las Cruces, NM |
I would like to thank the staff at Dr.Felts office for being so helpful, kind, loving, gentle, reassuring, and encouraging. All my visits have been wonderful. The class was excellent. Dr. Felts was extremely caring and didnt give up on me. Explained every process and was very reassuring. I felt like they all really cared more than just being some patient. Larraine Garcia was phenomenal helping me out and dealing with the Insurance. Dr. Felts and Larraine thank you for going above and beyond.
Thank you for your kind words! We make every effort to make your process, and ultimately, your weight loss surgery as easy, pleasant and safe as possible. Each of our office staff members share our passion to assist you on your weight loss journey. Lorraine does a great job and we appreciate her! Best wishes for your weight loss and good health.
Las Cruces, NM |
My experiences with Dr. Felts have all been excellent. He explains everything in detail to me in a way that I can understand and he makes me feel comfortable every step of the way. His staff is terrific and his new location is great. I have been a successful weight loss patient and I very much appreciate my ongoing relationship with Dr. Felts and the staff at Memorial Weight Loss Center.
Thank you for your kind words! It is our pleasure to partner with you on your ongoing journey to weight loss and good health.
in Las Cruces, NM |
Dr Felts is an amazing surgeon. He takes time with his patients with each visit and makes you feel comfortable. He shares his knowledge and is encouraging. He makes living a healthy lifestyle so easy!! I highly recommend Dr Felts!!
Thank you for your kind words! Congratulations on your first postop year and we look forward to partnering with you on your ongoing journey to weight loss and good health.
Las Cruces |
Dr. Felts is a very compassionate and caring physician. He does an excellent job of explaining everything about the different types of surgery that are available to have including the disadvantages to each procedure and not just the advantages of the procedures. His office staff is very friendly and worked well with me when I needed extra information.
Thank you for your kind words and review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be further assistance or improve our process in any way. Dr. Felts
Las Cruces |
I felt so comfortable on my first visit and I gained the trust with Dr Felts on that day.
Thank you for your kind words and review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance or improve our process in any way. Dr. Felts
in Las Cruces, NM |
All I can say is EXCELLENT.
Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Frank Felts, MD?

Visit Dr. Felts

Dr. Felts accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare