Dr. Frank Bohnenkamp, MD

Dr. Frank Bohnenkamp, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Frank Bohnenkamp, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Bohnenkamp

See how frequently Dr. Bohnenkamp performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Bohnenkamp's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bohnenkamp's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bohnenkamp "I grew up in a family of medical professionals. As a child I was intrigued by watching my mother and father interact and extend care to patients. Together they inspired me to want to help others and made my interests in learning and education a priority. While in college, I earned extra money by working as a tech at the university hospital, where I interacted with patients and observed physicians in their white coats making rounds, ordering complex testing that aided in diagnosis, and treating patients. I felt like I belonged in this atmosphere. This resolved my decision to switch to a pre-med track. I completed my bachelor degree and post-graduate work with Distinction. The University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago shaped my interests in surgery and a passion for anatomy, where the musculoskeletal system and limbs were of special interest. My rotation in orthopedic surgery unlocked the final pathway for my career by linking all of my natural interests in knowledge of anatomy and the biomechanics of the limbs - especially in reconstructing joints or fixing fractures. After completing my surgical residency, I elected to pursue an additional year of specialized training with a fellowship in complex hip and knee reconstruction at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. While there I was able to participate in some of the most complex cases possible to enhance my skills. In my practice I draw on my knowledge of biomaterials and implant designs to optimize long-lasting reconstructive options for any possible scenario. I have the skills and experience in a number of procedures, including superior approach, mini-posterior, and anterior approach for total hip replacement, hip resurfacing, full and partial knee replacement, and complex hip and knee revision reconstruction to offer the best option for the patient's situation."

This content was provided by Dr. Bohnenkamp "Each patient and each surgery is unique and requires extensive planning and thought in order to provide the best possible result.  I find it rewarding to have a patient follow up after surgery smiling and happy because they were able to get back to work and their activities with no more joint pain, which often had been hampering their life for years. "

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Department Of Physiologic Imaging-University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Post Graduate Studies and Research Assistant
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago Surgery Residency Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Washington University Joint Preserving, Resurfacing, and Replacement Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Bohnenkamp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bohnenkamp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bohnenkamp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bohnenkamp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bohnenkamp to family and friends
Dr. Bohnenkamp's Performance
in Port Barrington, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp and his team are amazing! The level of care and dedication he provides his patients is like no other. His staff responds quickly to your calls and quickly answers your questions If you are considering a joint replacement I highly recommend Dr. Bohnenkamp and his team!
in Woodstock, IL |
Great doctor with excellent staff. Great rehab center. People that really care about you.
in Johnsburg ill |
Very positive and supportive
Crystal lake, IL |
Fantastic bedside manner Very knowledgeable and freely spoke with us explaining everything along the way. Could not recommend him and his staff more. A+++++++++
Loves Park, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp and staff are awesome!!!!! Highly recommended!!!
in Crystal Lake,Il |
Dr. Bohnenkamp was wonderful throughout my journey for new bilateral hips!!! He is highly competent and caring. His staff is helpful and always cheerful . I would highly recommend Dr. Bohnenkamp and his staff.
Loves Park, IL |
He listens well and gives helpful suggestions.
Great doctor
in Rockford, IL |
Great bedside manner, and great staff.
Rockford, IL |
Very good and explained everything
Huntley, IL |
Dr Bohnenkamp listened, put me at ease, easy to talk to, surgery went well. Everything was great. All of Dr Bohnenkamp's staff was nice and friendly. I am very pleased and liked him a lot.
in Huntley, IL |
He's a good doctor. I feel great!
in Cary, IL |
Very competent doctor. Very pleasant.
in Rockford, IL |
Great doctor with great results
in Union, il |
Super Dr. would recommend him to all family & friends.
in Crystal Lake, il |
I'm so glad I found Dr Bohnenkamp, Great bed side manner and answers all my questions. I will tell anyone I talk to about knee replacements to see Dr Bohnenkamp,
in Merrillville, IN |
Personable and attention to patient needs!
in Elgin, IL |
My experience with Dr. Bohnenkamp was wonderful. I went in expecting a total knee replacement and found out that I was a good candidate for a partial knee replacement. I was back to work half days in three and a half weeks. I'm now 12 weeks into my new knee and working full time without any issues.
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp is a very skilled and devoted surgeon. He did an excellent job on my bilateral total knee replacements. His manor is pleasant and cheerful and you can tell from the visit very first visit on that he truly cares about his patients. He has much expertise in the area of joint replacement, but besides that, he seems to truly love what he does. Kara, his assistant, and all the staff in his office are so nice. I highly recommend Dr. Bohnenkamp if you are considering knee surgery.
in Crystal Lake, il |
Having both knees replaced was a wonderful experance. I know this sounds crazy but I totally enjoyed myself. The people were just wonderful .
in McHenry. IL |
Compassionate to ones needs and great knowledge of what the patient requires for good results.
Huntley, IL |
I had both hips replaced at the same time. Dr. Bohnenkamp was attentive, informative and a pleasure to work with. After consulting with other surgeons in the area, I was convinced he was the right one for me. I had a complication from prior hip arthroscopy that he picked up and mitigated it from happening this time through radiation treatment. No one else caught it or planned to pre-treat this condition. I have an orthopedic background and he hit all the procedural nails on the head!
Rockford, IL |
KARA GIVES THE BEST INJECTIONS!!!!!!! Dr Bohnenkamp's Physician Assistant, Kara, is the best and would recommend her to anyone!!! Love this office!
, IL |
Nothing but the best
in McHenry , IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp put me back together and he did a great job! I am so thankful for him!
in Hampshire, IL |
My daughter broke her arm after falling off her bike and ended up needing to be taken into the OR to straighten it. I was nervous about how she would do without me being able to be in there with her, but she loved Dr. Bohnenkamp so much that she handled everything like a pro, knowing he would be in there with her. He and his staff have been so caring, compassionate and thorough and I really can't thank them enough for their incredible care and attention.
Huntley, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp replaced my knee and my pain is gone! I feel great!
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp replaced my hip three months ago and I just keep getting better! I'm looking forward to being able to go to a family wedding in another couple of months!
in Huntley, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp did surgery on my knee and I'm back to all activities and doing great! The whole experience was great.
Cary, IL |
Excellent bedside manner. A doctor who really takes the time to listen to your needs and figures out the best treatment option for you personally. Would highly recommend.
in Marengo, IL |
He has a very special bedside manner and is easy to talk to. He really listens. He replaced my hip and I'm doing great! I recommend him highly.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Knowledgeable and caring physician whom I would refer to anyone
Huntley, Il |
Dr. B is amazing. He is such a friendly man and explains everything very well.
in Cary, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp replaced my hip and I'm doing great! Great doctor and great staff.
McHenry, IL |
Everyone was nice, friendly and knowledgeable! Great experience!
Rockford, IL |
Very thorough and great beside manner. I felt very confident with all results. A highly effective surgeon.
Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp and his associates are wonderful. Very friendly and helpful in the office. My total hip replacement was a complete success. I had very little pain and great movement and rande of motion. My Physical Therapist said that it didn't even seem like I had a hip replacement. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bohnenkamp.
in Mchenry,IL |
Frank is a very personable and excellet surgeon ...He got my life back with the partial knee replacement....Excellent His staff, Christine and crew are equally competent.. Thank you all Dan Braun P.S. You still need to get a good foot Doctor!!
Great doctor!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp replaced my hip and I feel great at three months!
in Woodstock, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp is a tru professional and he explained the knee problem and cure. I am very happy with the whole process and recovery. His support staff is also accomodating helpful. I have already recommended Dr Bohnenkamp to two neighbors who have had their knees done by Dr Bohnenkamp. The recovery was also great without any problem.
Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp and staff was so great. Very thorough and was able to take care of my knee pain so I could get back to a great quality of life!
in Rockford, IL |
Since meeting Dr. Bohnenkamp in the hospital I have the utmost respect for him first as Dr.and most as a caring human being. I recommend him highly.
in Elgin, IL |
Friendly, complete, helpful. Very like Dr. B!
in Sycamore, IL |
Fantastic experience! I was in so much pain before the surgery and no pain afterwards! Also great bedside manners. Unequivocal thumbs up. Would do it with him again in a heartbeat.
Elgin, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp is very sweet and caring!
Elgin, IL |
Dr Bohnenkamp has such a warm personality!
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp has helped me tremendously over the past years. He listens and, Understands me. I fell comfortable with him. I will continue to tell others how he has helped me. He also treats my husband for his knee, and we both appreciate having him as our doctor.
in Marengo, IL |
Dr. Bohnenkamp replaced my hip and I could not be more glad! I feel so much better.
Woodstock, IL |
Dr B did an awesome job on my new hip. I am 100% better then when I first came to him. The whole staff is great. Nothing but good things to say
Have you seen Dr. Frank Bohnenkamp, MD?
Are you Dr. Bohnenkamp?

Visit Dr. Bohnenkamp

Dr. Bohnenkamp accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel