Dr. Frank Bishop, MD

Dr. Frank Bishop, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Male
76 reviews

Dr. Frank Bishop is a native of Washington state. He graduated from the University of Washington with College Honors distinction, with degrees in mathematics and biology. He continued his education and obtained his medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He received high distinction in medical school as president of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed residency specializing in neurosurgery at the University of Utah. Following his residency training, he pursued further subspecialty training with a fellowship in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. After fellowship, he practiced in Kalispell, Montana for several years, after which he joined Overlake Medical Center, where he has been instrumental in establishing the Overlake Neuroscience Institute and expanding the spine health program. He is married with two children and enjoys traveling, hiking, and Japanese culture and cuisine....See Less

Overlake Medical Clinics

1135 116th Ave NE Ste 500

Bellevue, WA 98004

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Altius Health Plans
  • America's Health Insurance Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beacon Health Strategies
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Behavioral Health Network
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Bishop

Patient-centric care, doing what is best for the patient – every time – is what motivates me to provide the highest quality of care. This is accomplished by knowing when surgery should be recommended, and by performing state-of-the-art surgical procedures, including minimally invasive surgeries. I enjoy working with patients to decide on a plan of care together, with mutual respect, kindness, and trust. This to me is the "art of medicine," which I hope to have the privilege of experiencing with every patient.

Video

Dr. Bishop's Experience

Dr. Bishop's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Cavernous Malformation of Spine
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage With Amyloidosis, Hereditary, Dutch Type
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University of Washington
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Utah Medical Center
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bishop has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Bishop does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bishop and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Bishop's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bishop to family and friends
Dr. Bishop's Performance
Kirkland, WA |
Appreciated the clarity in which Dr. Bishop explained my surgical options. Also, appreciated that he and his staff have been very open and responsive to questions post-op.
in Kirkland, WA |
Every experience with Dr. Bishop is warm and friendly. I never feel rushed to leave, my questions and concerns are always answered. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone.
in Kirkland, WA |
Great job Totally fixed the problem and helped me understand what was causing the pain.
Kirkland, WA |
Dr. Bishop saved my life. He's a wonderful surgeon and went above and beyond the call of duty. During my follow-up visits, he listened to all of my questions and concerns and I never feel rushed. I'd recommend Dr. Bishop to anyone with 100% confidence.
in Woodinville, WA |
very fortunate to have Dr. Bishop as my surgeon.
Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop was fantastic! He was very helpful in explaining what was happening, the surgery that was needed and was friendly and approachable during post op care. You can tell that he cares about his patients and takes his time to address all their concerns.
Bellevue, WA |
Excellent communication from Dr. Bishop and the Neurosurgery staff. I received extremely helpful information that helped me determine whether or not surgery was the right choice.
in Marysville, WA |
Very nice and knowledgeable. Open to questions and answered all.
in Mercer Island, WA |
I found Dr. Bishop and staff very personal and professional in all aspects of my care.
in Edmonds |
I would recommend anyone who has issues with their back pain to Dr. Bishop. He listens and understands my problems and offers recommendation and leaves the choice up to me to decide how I want to proceed and ultimately, I went ahead with the surgery which I am so happy that I did. The surgery got rid of the pain I never thought it could happen. Thank you Dr. Bishop for your compassion and your expertise to help me.
in Bellevue, WA |
Very professional, listens well, good bedside manner
in Bellevue, WA |
I want to thank Dr. bishop for giving me my life back....he gave excellent care and follow-up. he was very attentive and answer all my questions before and after surgery...thanks dr.
in Issaqauh, WA |
The Surgery went great Dr. Bishop and his team Did a awesome job. the Overlake care team after surgery also did a great job. Dr. Fosmire as helped me as will and their PA Amy. The scheduler Katrice as was very helpful and very nice. Looking forward to my next surgery with this Team.
in Auburn, WA |
Dr. Bishop did a great job explaining all of the options to me in language that makes sense. I really appreciate the amount of time he spent with me explaining everything and going over scans and X-Rays.
in Bellevue, WA |
Thank you for seeing me so quickly on such short notice!
in Bellevue, WA |
The procedure Dr. Bishop gave me has solved my pain, numbness and strength problem completely.
in Granite Falls, WA |
Very happy with Dr Bishop and the entire staff at the Neuroscience department. I would certainly recommend him to anyone needing this type of care. Dr Bishop and Amy are both very caring and make me feel like they are totally engaged in my care. Very happy. thank you!
in Kirkland |
Everything was great. I'm so thankful and feel lucky to have met Dr. Bishop to have the procedure done!
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop is absolutely outstanding. He considers the entire patient, and recognizes that each patient is unique. He is a good listener. He is patient and thorough. Unfortunately, I came to Dr. Bishop as a second option after my first spinal fusion. I wish I had seen him first. If I could have rated him with 6 stars, I would have.
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop was courtisious and complete. He gave me very good advice.
Bellevue, WA |
Great explanation of results of physical exam and review of MRI. Very detailed and thoughtful in his recommendations. Would strongly recommend.
in Bellevue, WA |
Without a doubt, I would highly recommend Dr. Bishop to my family and friends. Today's medical visit's outcome is surgery for carpal tunnel. This will be my second surgery with Dr Bishop. The first surgical procedure was a minimally invasive back surgery less than two years ago. My recovery was spectacular! I dance almost daily, several hours at a time. Now, Dr Bishop will help me again, and I feel privileged and honored that he will be my surgeon. I trust him with my life!
in Redmond |
My experience was extremely positive: surgery resulted in immediate pain relief and the ability to quickly resume a nearly pain-free lifestyle. Dr. Bishop was very thorough in explaining the planned procedures as well as what to anticipate after surgery.
Bellevue, WA |
Already referred a family member to Dr. Bishop!
in Bellevue, WA |
Kind and prompt, Dr. Bishop was able to fit me in quickly after an injury and help with everything I needed for recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Bishop to family and friends.
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop is awesome. He take his time and explains everything in a way I am able to understand. I do not feel rushed or not heard. Will always recommend him!! Thank you
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop and his staff are excellent and very caring. All stages of my treatment plan was clearly explained to me so that I have understood every step along the way. I would be happy to recommend Dr. Bishop to my family and friends and have already mentioned what great care I received to several people.
in Bellevue, WA |
He explains everything and is extremely thorough. Makes both my husband and I comfortable and at ease.
in Kirkland, WA |
Surgery was quick & went smoothly. Minimal pain.
in Bellevue, WA |
Very efficient. Listened well to my situation and took care to schedule my surgery so he could take plenty of time and care to fix my 3 vertebrae that were causing problems. I am quite pleased to be an Overlake patient.
in Kirkland, Wa |
I'm thankful for Dr Bishop for his expertise, skill, and warm bedside manner.
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop is a fabulous neurosurgeon. He gives the correct diagnosis and then completes the right procedure.
in WA |
Dr Bishop and his team have been wonderful during the entire process. I was immediately impressed with the time he took to listen to what has been going on with my back. I had interviewed a few other doctors in the area as my symptoms were quite concerning. His approach was much less invasive than other doctors which would leave me with a less painful and easier recovery.
in Medina, Wa |
Truly a wonderful, life-changing experience. H Kiefer
Redmond, WA |
Dr Bishop treated me for lower back pain, which I've had for many years. He explained the MRI of my lumbar region in detail, including a small herniation and a fractured vertebrae. He said patients often ask for surgery in these cases, but the success rate vs the risks doesn't justify it. His assessment was that my back pain is best treated by physical therapy and anti-inflammatory drugs. I'm glad that he took my mortality (risk from surgery) into account rather than just cutting me open.
Bellevue, WA |
Approachable, flexible and patient. Wants to help me to succeed with my goals.
Excellent result
in Issaquah, WA |
Kind, knowledgeable, compassionate, willing to spend time with you
in Bothell, WA |
He is very thorough and detailed when answering all my questions. I have a lot of them, and he is extremely patient when providing me information. He spends as much time with me as needed to inform me and answer questions.
in Bellevue, WA |
Dr. Bishop is amazing and we would recommend him to any friends and family. He took us through all our tests in detail, explained explained everything in easy to understand terms, and performed the very tricky spinal surgery with a deft hand and great skill. He is a partner, a good listener, but most importantly a gifted surgeon. We trust him with our care and feel good recommending him as a physician when you're facing a serious neurological issue. And everyone, in his office is a rock star!
in Bothell, WA |
I went to see a few surgeons regarding my L3/L4 issue and weakness in my left arm. In the initial interview, Dr. Bishop spent a great deal of time explaining my circumstances and going over different options available to get back to normal, way different from the other guys. The L3-4 surgery was a great success. Dr. Bishop even followed up with me for a few days following the surgery. It's been 2 months now, and there is zero pain and the strength in my left arm is steadily coming back!
highly professional and thorough,
in Bellevue, WA |
Came into the ER in a coma. Dr did 2 surgeries that saved my life & is awesome, friendly & has great people skills.
Bellevue, WA |
Attentive to my needs, concerns as well as emotions. Actively took part in providing and speaking with insurance company. Quality and appeal for life greatly enhanced post surgery.
Bellevue, WA |
I met Dr. Bishop in the ER and he was wonderful in explaining what the issue was and the options to repair the disc. Surgery went well and my back is feeling wonderful.
Bellevue, WA |
did a wonderful job with the surgery. Relatively pain free after the first few days
in Seattle, WA |
Amazing doctor who really cares about his patients. Always got back to me about my concerns and helped me get back my normal life. Can't thank him enough!
in Snoqualmie, WA |
excellent; he explained everything about my condition
in Issaquah, WA |
Dr. Bishop and his staff are some of the most professional, caring, knowledgeable people I have dealt with. I would highly recommend Dr. Bishop to anyone needing spinal surgery.
in Duvall, WA |
Dr Bishop is a fabulous surgeon and he has changed my life. I had shooting pain down my right leg when standing and walking and it is completely gone now! He performed my surgery using a non-invasive method with small incisions which made the recovery so much quicker. I was able to get up and move around the day after my surgery. I highly recommend his services to everyone!
Have you seen Dr. Frank Bishop, MD?
Are you Dr. Bishop?

Visit Dr. Bishop

Dr. Bishop accepts 50 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Altius Health Plans
  • America's Health Insurance Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beacon Health Strategies
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Behavioral Health Network
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
  • ChoiceCare Network
    Choice Care (Humana)
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Community Health Network
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
    Access PPO
    Clear Care HMO
    Clear Care PPO
    Most of Washington State Central and Eastern and Western Washington Counties HMO-High
    Most of Washington State Central and Eastern and Western Washington Counties HMO-Standard
  • Health Net