Dr. Franco E. Vigna, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 49 years old

Existing Patient Phone Number
Spine Surgery of Buffalo Niagara , LLC
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Dr. Vigna is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Vigna specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Niagara Falls, NY. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Vigna? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Vigna's Experience

See how Dr. Vigna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vigna

Dr. Vigna accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Vigna has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vigna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vigna to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Vigna's Performance
in Niagara Falls, NY |
After several visits in a 6 month timeframe I keep getting put off and told to come back for another appt. I was told I clearly need surgery on my back and neck but keep putting it off and referring me to other specialists for different things. With very little mobility and pain levels through the roof my frustration level is maxed out.
in Buffalo, NY |
After a longish wait in the waiting room, we met with Dr. Vigna to discuss my wife's back issues(Stenosis T11 , T12, bulging disc at L4,L5 . He thoroughly explained the issues she was having, loss of strength in her right leg, numbness/tingling in her foot. He showed us detailed models of the hardware that would be inserted to support her back. Everyone in the office was helpful and accommodating to my wife. Dr. Vigna takes his time with each and every patient. He's the best surgeon in the area.
in Niagara Falls, NY |
If you want long waits, rude office staff, disorganized and ill prepared ( never uploaded mris, etc), I rated him one star because my appointment was at 11:30am and I was not seen until 3:30 pm. When I questioned his office staff at 3 how much longer it would be because I was in alot of pain and needed to leave to get my children, I was ignored. I became agitated and upset and they discharged me as a patient saying I was verbally abusive and wrote this in my record. Very disorganized.
in Buffalo, NY |
I'm 10 years removed now from a spinal fusion surgery performed by Dr. Vigna. He helped me when no one else could, he gave me my life back and for that I am grateful! A very smart man who is great at what he does! He will listen to your concerns and answer them fully and not leave you guessing. After 10 years my pain level is still tolerable without any type of medication at all, maybe a Tylenol on my worst days
Niagara Falls, NY |
I had three visits at this office. Each one included wait times of over 1 hour. When finally seen, there was no effective recommendations about my condition. Very disappointed in this doctor.
Niagara Falls, NY |
Long wait for appointment, expect 60-90 min wait, I need a dr signature for a script for workers comp , the home care place faxed it 3 times to them, they claim they faxed it,when I call home care they never received it , been playing this game for a few days, maybe it's because I won't have surgery , they don't want to see me again
in Buffalo, NY |
I have never had any surgeries in my life,not even a broken bone or stitches. After my car accident, I was in rough shape not even being able to drive or work. I was very hesitant to choose surgery because I was extremely petrified. Dr.Vigna was very thorough in explaining my injuries, taking time to show my the x-rays and educating me until I understood and felt comfortable with the information. My fears subsided. Dr.Vigna and his team are extremely intelligent, truly care about your livelihoo
in Lewiston, NY |
I am absolutely sick to my stomach. This was the worst experience of my life. I waited MONTHS to get into this doctor suffering the whole time to sit there for 95 min. After finally getting into the back room, I was told I would definitely be there at least another hour. I am absolutely sick. They could care less as they have enough patients and money coming into their practice to bother with any type of human care or decency as they overbook and clearly have an assembly line of patients.
in Akron, NY |
Dr. Vigna and Dustin is a vary professional, staff is vary Pleasant to speak with. Vigna's bed side Manor along with Dustin's bed side Manor is out of this world. tells you exactly what needs to be fixed, gets to the root of the problem. Wait time is a bit long but wouldn't you want him to spend that much time with you he will. First time appointment has a bit wait time but if you want to see the best you need to wait.
in Lockport, NY |
He was straight forward and clear about my condition, The staff was always polite and helpful.
in North Tonawanda, NY |
I love Dr Vigna. I went to him back when he was with Dr Cappacino, and stayed with him. He fought for me with comp and when he finally got to do my operation 6 years later it relieved my pain. My husband had him do his surgery and he is back to work. The office staff is wonderful. Not much waiting. Emergencies do happen, but mostly you have a short wait. I would recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Franco E. Vigna, MD?
Are you Dr. Vigna?

Dr. Vigna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Vigna has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vigna's Board Certifications

• Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration

SUNY Health Science Cntr At Brooklyn

Completed in 2002

Maryland Spinal Reconstr Surgery Fellowship Program

Completed in 2004

Dr. Vigna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vigna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery