Psychiatry  |
Dr. Francisco Torres, MD
Dr. Francisco Torres, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Mission, TX. He is 47 years old. Dr. Torres is affiliated with Valley Regional Medical Center, Valley Baptist Medical Center - Brownsville and Valley Baptist Medical Center - Harlingen.

2506 E Griffin Pkwy

Mission, TX 78572

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Torres

Dr. Torres' Experience

Dr. Torres' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Escuela De Med Juan N Coripas
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Harvard Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Torres has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Torres does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Torres and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Torres' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Torres to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Torres' Performance
in Medellin, ANT |
Dr Torres is my both daughters' psychiatrist, I appreciate his professionalism, ethics and dedication towards his patients. Thanks to Dr Torres the results are amazing. Highly recommended
in Brownsville Tx |
During the last 3 years with Depressive Disorders, i met Dr Torres who changed my life with his professionalism. Also his staff is very friendly and helpful.
I can say he is the best psychiatrist after visiting several doctors, he takes the necessary time to listen everything I say, he perfectly explains the diagnosis and the treatment.
He has given me excellent advice and recommendations to deal with my ADHD. He transmits calmness and peacefulness when I go through a strong depressive crisis.I have felt improvement and I have learnt how to deal with my adult ADHD thanks to his help. Highly recommended.
Harlingen, TX |
Loved the quick service I'd receive in office. Especially enjoyed that all efforts would be made to make sure I was only seen by doc and not other practitioners at my request. Also liked that Dr Torres would make sure to follow up with me despite my thinking it was time for discharge because it showed that he cared for my well being and would always explain his rationale. Plus staff was always nice too.
Brownsville, TX |
Office personnel professional and prompt. Doctor Torres friendly and very helpful. He explained treatment plan completely. He was a great listener. I recommend him highly to everyone.
San Benito, TX |
Went with grandson toappt in this office/NP. After 20 minute wait called back to the exam room. Exam room had 3 hard, uncomfortable chairs, and a small cushioned armchair. After 15 min, the "room and hall policeman" came to door and told us to turn our cellphones off and pointed to a sign on the wall saying "turn cellphones off in room". (Listening to music/ headphones/ grandsons on mute.) I moved to comfortale chair/policeman again came to door, asked me to get out of comfy chair..DO NOT SEE
Brownsville, Texas |
During my two visits, I waited over 2 hours to see the doctor, with a scheduled appointment. On my first visit, he diagnosed me with bipolar within FIVE minutes and prescribed me the worst medication possible. One week later, (ANOTHER two hour wait) I spoke about how my medication made me feel awful (zombie-like) with massive headaches. He couldn't recall my first visit (I had to explain everything again) he said, "Oh, never mind, you has signs of OCD-P." What a joke!
Brownsville, TX |
This doctor and P.A are very condescending and terrible at listening to parents concerns.I'm sensing from them that they know the shortage of doctors in this field in the valley so they treat and act like there doing you a favor.In my opinion i would try to wait out till you get an appointment somewhere else dont waist your time.
in Brownsville |
His PA Ms. Ramierez treated me very rudely. I explained my son had just committed suicide and she asked "but why are you here?" She looked bored and not at all interested in what I had to say.
Brownsville, TX |
DO NOT GO HERE. I have attempted to use this office for a few months and have FINALLY gotten into another office. They are simply looking to make money. Period. My requests for preferred treatment (for my anxiety and depression) were repeatedly refused and done so with condescension. I never saw the actual doctor, I only ever saw the P.A. and am THRILLED I never have to see her again. I've lived in 6 states and dealt with who knows how many different doctors- this ranks so far below any other.
Dripping Springs, TX |
its only about the money with Dr Torres, if you get minutes with him you are lucky
in Brownsville, TX |
They never answer calls. It always goes to voicemail. If u 15min late they won't see you even you there. I call my car broke down on day of appt to tell them ill be late they said no we call you
in Mcallen, TX |
I mentioned my last visit that I would one day,hope to wean myself off the meds, BUT NOT NOW, I was returning to a very stressful job shortly.When I pick up meds, he had cut the dose to 1/2 without telling me, If known, I would of protested. I could not cope with 1/2 dose the first day & left a message &continued taking the fulldose I'd been on a year. I called & asked for the other 1/2 to be filled. The dr's answers to my pleas for help were NO & BEFITTING OF SOCIOPATHIC UNCARING JERK. DISMAYED
in Brownsville, TX |
Doctor Torres has been treating my son since he was 5 years old. Doctor Torres is extremely patient, caring and takes his time talking with my son and us( the parents) regarding his condition. Furthermore, he also coordinates my son's care with the school as needed. I can not imagine trusting any other Doctor with my son's care.
in Brownsville, TX |
Started with the office, calling the WRONG phone number, not even my number&because i did not answer the wrong phone number they cancelled my appointment. After I explained to them it was incorrect&that i never heard such thing as a rule. they said oh well, let me talk to the Dr.35min later she came back to tell me the Dr. said to reschedule.got an appt 3 wks later. Finally saw the Dr. he was rude&threatened me of losing my job&did not want to see me again because i was employed.
Brownsville |
Worst Doctor. Wanted to charge $800 dollars to fill out paperwork for my employer. Canceled our 1st appointment without letting us know. Staff is rude and dont care. Dont see this doctor. Hes a criminal and in it for money only... Keep away
in Brownsville, TX |
For my needs, supervision of my medication, the service was excellent. and one small act of kindness was over and beyond - providing medication while I tried to find help closer to home. I am always shocked by doctors who just let the prescription lapse when the consequences are so dire.
Have you seen Dr. Francisco Torres, MD?
Are you Dr. Torres?